PDA

View Full Version : I Have Found The Golden TICKET!

Boraz_n_Carebear
11-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Hello all!

I quit EverQuest back in 2009ish and started to jump from MMO to MMO to MMO to MMO, and to no avail did I ever find another MMO that was anywhere near the greatness of EverQuest in its prime.

I have finally found it though! The original EverQuest and I am very excited to get started! Cannot wait to die a bazillion times and have to go loot my corpse a bazillion times more!

I was known as Ibar No'One on The Cazic-Thule server back in the day. I was a Erudite Necromancer.
I also played on Ralloz Zek server for quite some time and had to battle the likes of Inmabeli from Flowers of Happiness Guild. I was Yennen a Dark Elf Rogue, and a member of the United Blood Nation Guild.

I had alot of great memories playing this game. I do not have near the time to dedicate to the game like I did before, but I am excited to dedicate what little time I have towards it so that I can hopefully get the same enjoyment out of it that I had gotten many years before!

Just one quick question. I am not sure what class I should start. I am thinking a little Gnome Mage, but I want to be able to group and solo when I want a break from grouping. Any suggestions will be very helpful!

Samoht Farstrider
11-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the server.

Play whatever class you enjoy. I have 4 characters in the 20's and love them all. I mostly solo tho since my play time is usually limited.

Kastro
11-07-2014, 02:58 PM
You mentioned you played Rallos Zek.. I played there as well.. was Corbon Dallas the Troll SK ... We do have a PVP server.. called Red... also since you don't have as much time... you may want to consider playing there since there is a massive Group EXP bonus.. so you can play whatever class you want..

myriverse
11-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted.

He never left the basement.

GinnasP99
11-08-2014, 01:22 AM
Not an elevator, a wonkavator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9_yMvOdYoo

Estu
11-08-2014, 01:47 AM
A mage is a good choice - easy to group and useful in groups, and easy to solo. Just keep in mind that there's a 50% EXP penalty if you solo a monster and your pet does over half the damage to it. The way to get around that is to reclaim your pet when the mob is fleeing and finish the mob off with a cheap nuke, then summon a new pet.

We indeed have a red (PVP) server; however, the population is tiny and you will have a very hard time finding people to group with. The blue (non-PVP) server is much better populated and you will find grouping a lot more accessible.

Latege
11-08-2014, 05:20 AM
The blue (non-PVP) server is much better populated and you will find grouping a lot more accessible.

The opposite of this is true.

Drone
11-08-2014, 07:48 AM
Off-peak times, group on blue/solo on red. Peak times group on red/ec tunnel shennanigans and bumfights (soon greengrocer?) on blue.

Sirken
11-08-2014, 08:51 AM
welcome to Project1999!