PDA

View Full Version : Holy Trinity

phoenix182
09-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Hey all...I've been having a blast since finding this server. Only down side has been the hit and miss grouping since none of my friends play here yet. I got to thinking I'd really like to start at least a small group again.

Probably my two favorite group experiences in original were our evil group just after Kunark launched, and our anti-undead group. While not mechanically the best, a Paladin/Cleric/Necro trio was a lot of fun to play. Wondering if anyone is up to starting such a group here (or any combination of anti-undead classes)?

These are alts, so they could be left to play only when we were all on together and keep them leveling together. The obvious idea is to run with the anti-undead theme and stick to zones/areas targeting that strength whenever possible. There's also no reason there couldn't be more than one of each class if more than 3 were interested (in fact two clerics would actually help quite a bit, to specialize healing/smiting).

Any interest, or will the Holy Trinity exist only in my memories?

phoenix182
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Ok, group is being formed. Next up, progression.

What are the best undead zones at the various levels? I could figure for the full game (kurns, unrest, guk, veks, etc), but my memory isn't clear for original. What would be the best zones for a holy party?

Bubbles
09-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Steamfont Mountains/Butcherblock till 12ish.. Head to unrest.. on fayder.

EC/Nro -- Head to Befallen/Lavastorm/Najena from 10+... On Antonica.

Losta options really.

Bushwick
09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Hey all...I've been having a blast since finding this server. Only down side has been the hit and miss grouping since none of my friends play here yet. I got to thinking I'd really like to start at least a small group again.

Probably my two favorite group experiences in original were our evil group just after Kunark launched, and our anti-undead group. While not mechanically the best, a Paladin/Cleric/Necro trio was a lot of fun to play. Wondering if anyone is up to starting such a group here (or any combination of anti-undead classes)?

These are alts, so they could be left to play only when we were all on together and keep them leveling together. The obvious idea is to run with the anti-undead theme and stick to zones/areas targeting that strength whenever possible. There's also no reason there couldn't be more than one of each class if more than 3 were interested (in fact two clerics would actually help quite a bit, to specialize healing/smiting).

Any interest, or will the Holy Trinity exist only in my memories?

Your anti-undead group sounds like it could be fun. Even limited to classic zones, I imagine you could go from 1 to 50 doing this. You'd certainly want to head straight to lower guk as soon as you hit the 30's. Before that, Unrest should get you through. There's also spectres, giant skeletons and the undead camps that spot all of Norrath.

If you want a gimmick group that will also get you tons of experience and loot, consider making all mages, enchanters and wizards.