PDA

View Full Version : Drop your beers and get your spears, a BulletCatcher has come to play.

BulletCatcher
11-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I wanted to stop in a say hello as I will be stomping around on p99 now.

I never did play EQ1, save for a lvl 16 Wood Elf Rogue. My comp at the time couldn't hang. But now I'm a growd up, I can play again. I was overwhelmed by the Live EQ version available on Steam, but wow. It was a lot to take in. P99 seems to be a great place for old school nostalgia.

I have played other MMOs and expect EQ to be nothing like them. I played EQ2, end game in Kingdom of the Sky, WoW WotLK, GW2, FFXIV ARR, and now I find myself pulled back in some strange time portal where Norrath is classic again.

Im hoping to start tonight but am a bit unsure of what class to pick. Since there is n ohand holding (from the game) I don't want to make a choice and be like, aww damn wish I woulda done this and/or that when I first started.

Any recommendations for a cherry new EQ player? My end goal is to have only one class (I dislike leveling) and be viable for raiding.

From my readings on this site I was thinking of Druid, Bard, or SK.

I appreciate your time in providing some guidance. I will see you in Norrath.

Drone
11-05-2014, 12:36 AM
start a druid on red, you'll be able to gear up quicker, then gear up sk/bard

Estu
11-05-2014, 12:40 AM
Of those three, the bard is by far the most useful for raiding. The bard is also the most complex and difficult-to-master class in the game, so it might not be ideal for your first time playing EQ. This guide might be helpful: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

Ennewi
11-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Druid would probably be the most ideal of the three. Compared to Bard and SK, Druids aren't as demanding to play in terms of getting xp or gear. So personally I would try Druid out first and group up to see how the other classes function. If you find a class that is a better fit later on, having a pocket Druid is still very useful. And if the Druid becomes your main, you can contribute a decent amount to raids (charming animal pet for dps can be done in PoS and so on, healing nonessentials, etc.) and of course porting/evacing guildies for repops and what not.

BulletCatcher
11-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the info. I drafted a friend into p99 and I started a Human Druid, he started a human enchanter. Already ran into a few very generous folks. A bard named Quelleous (something close to that) and a druid name Stumblefoot. Very generous and helpful. Those two help create a very positive first impression my friend, who is more apprehensive about starting p99.