PDA

View Full Version : Shaman epic faction question

fiftytyson
10-31-2014, 02:27 AM
What faction do I need to be able to do the final turn in to get the epic?

I have read that I need max warmly faction. How would I know when I have reached that point? Would the NPC need to be conned ally?

What is the fool proof way to know if you have enough faction?

Thanks bros.

Daldaen
10-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Once your next True Spirit faction hit says "your standing cannot possibly get any better with Truespirit"

Then you are maxed.

The reason people in classic didn't faction jump is because that message wasn't a part of classic and they all just did the full quest to guarantee their max faction.

Korben
10-31-2014, 07:53 AM
Good way to max faction rather quickly...

You and a druid porter bind in the sewer in Freeport, where the barbarian is that you turn the gem in to.

In BB, the spirit you get the gem from, pull the gnome that spawns him to the rings. Hail him and gate. Turn in the gem. Druid should already be casting BB port. Load BB hall the spirit hit your macro for the gem, gate. Barbarian will have pathed to his second point, go there, turn in.

Repeat. Third path spot for the turn in is the green panther building or whatever.

I've gotten 6 turn ins from one pull/hail sequence.

Takes about 65 if I remember. Should be about 3-4 hours if you're quick.

fishingme
10-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Good way to max faction rather quickly...

You and a druid porter bind in the sewer in Freeport, where the barbarian is that you turn the gem in to.

In BB, the spirit you get the gem from, pull the gnome that spawns him to the rings. Hail him and gate. Turn in the gem. Druid should already be casting BB port. Load BB hall the spirit hit your macro for the gem, gate. Barbarian will have pathed to his second point, go there, turn in.

Repeat. Third path spot for the turn in is the green panther building or whatever.

I've gotten 6 turn ins from one pull/hail sequence.

Takes about 65 if I remember. Should be about 3-4 hours if you're quick.

For the gem? They must of changed the quest from last time I did the faction. Remembered that they were lore, and as you turned them in the quest guy would de-pop and respawn after 10minutes. Think I did 4 of the guys in rathe mountains, also hit the spirit while i was there every time, did another 10-15 spirits in BB, and probably 5-6 book turn ins from CoM and I was max

Korben
10-31-2014, 09:06 AM
For the gem? They must of changed the quest from last time I did the faction. Remembered that they were lore, and as you turned them in the quest guy would de-pop and respawn after 10minutes. Think I did 4 of the guys in rathe mountains, also hit the spirit while i was there every time, did another 10-15 spirits in BB, and probably 5-6 book turn ins from CoM and I was max

One of us is mistaken and I'm not sure who, lol.

For clarity, the spirit in BB gives the gem to you, and you turn it into the drunk barbarian in Freeport.

He does not despawn on turn in, he walks through the city and stops until you say "you can drink beer" or something, then brings you to the inn where you meet the next wolf.

Daldaen
10-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Spirit used to Despawn on getting gem.

He does not any longer.

He just requires Indifferent faction to give you the gem. Which is presently broken, all shamans should default at indifferent faction when they are created. Currently they start at apprehensively. So you need a chanter/bard to charm the spirit for the first 1-2 gems.

loramin
10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
So you need a chanter/bard to charm the spirit for the first 1-2 gems.

Or you can just wait for the next patch, as the dev team is aware of the issue and will (most likely) fix it in the next release.

Kender
10-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Or you can just wait for the next patch, as the dev team is aware of the issue and will (most likely) fix it in the next release.

which woint help existing shaman as they stated the faction change will be for all new shaman

loramin
10-31-2014, 07:06 PM
which woint help existing shaman as they stated the faction change will be for all new shaman

Really, so any new shaman created during the bug period will be permanently broken and have to rely on charms and extra faction grinding just to do their epic? That doesn't sound right, especially since it should be super easy for them to fix those shamans:

UPDATE faction_table WHERE true_spirit_faction < indifferent SET true_spirit_faction = indifferent ...

Kender
10-31-2014, 11:57 PM
just going on what nilbog said. all new shamans will start indiff. no mention of changing existing ones faction, only new shaman.

vid
11-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Really, so any new shaman created during the bug period will be permanently broken and have to rely on charms and extra faction grinding just to do their epic? That doesn't sound right, especially since it should be super easy for them to fix those shamans:

UPDATE faction_table WHERE true_spirit_faction < indifferent SET true_spirit_faction = indifferent ...

I got the BB spirit charmed the first time and I was fine after that for repeat hails/turnins. Annoying, but not a huge deal.