PDA

View Full Version : Any Radiohead fans? Plat reward for song/instrumental.

Somekid123
10-30-2014, 01:38 AM
I was looking for this instrumental/song that is playing in background during this interview with Thom Yorke from Radiohead. I posted this back in 2011 offering a reward to anyone who could find it but nothing specific came up other then it may be the beginning of Sit Down Stand Up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrSS0yol8vM

5k Plat Blue or 1.5k Plat Red to anyone who can find it, must reply with link providing song/instrumental.

Rather you reply to this thread if you manage to find the track, to show that you found it and sent it to me first before others, so no one claims they sent it before.. you?

-Andain

Ennewi
10-30-2014, 02:13 AM
Nm

Hailto
10-30-2014, 03:28 AM
Definitely sounds like Sit Down Stand Up remixed in some way to me, I don't think it's original.

Fellow radiohead bro here though

Swish
10-30-2014, 06:58 AM
They weren't great after "OK Computer", Kid A was alright but I almost wonder if it wasn't self sabotage from then on :p

Tann
10-30-2014, 05:36 PM
They weren't great after "OK Computer", Kid A was alright but I almost wonder if it wasn't self sabotage from then on :p

you probably listen to copy-cat commercial sell out garbage like Coldplay :D. Radiohead keeps getting better by the album.

^^opinion of course, but Coldplay still is the worst shit in the last decade to come out of merry ol england.

citizen1080
10-30-2014, 07:45 PM
Big radiohead fan here...but i also like coldplay...and muse...etc

Somekid123
11-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Love bump to the front page, offer still stands.

Byrjun
11-03-2014, 11:48 PM
It doesn't have a name. It's some random electronic noodling that Thom submitted for the documentary.

"Several unidentified brief instrumental keyboard pieces are heard in the background during the film. Some have noted a possible similarity between one of these and the song "Sit Down. Stand Up." on the band's 2003 album Hail to the Thief."

Oh, and this quote:

is super silly considering Radiohead are one of the biggest bands of all time and often compared to the Beatles... so no, not exactly "self sabotage."

Swish
11-04-2014, 11:47 AM
often compared to the Beatles...

I've never heard them as a comparison to the Beatles. Who says that I wonder?

Better yet, what comparison can you make? "They both released music"... :D

Masakizt
11-04-2014, 12:15 PM
In Rainbows live at the basement is bawse

Byrjun
11-04-2014, 01:55 PM
I've never heard them as a comparison to the Beatles. Who says that I wonder?

Better yet, what comparison can you make? "They both released music"... :D

English bands that pushed the boundaries of rock music, experimented heavily and successfully, similar popularity and similar influence on generations of music.

People have been making the comparison for years... http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/how-radiohead-became-the-beatles-of-the-21st-century

lawll
11-04-2014, 03:39 PM
English bands that pushed the boundaries of rock music, experimented heavily and successfully, similar popularity and similar influence on generations of music.

People have been making the comparison for years... http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/how-radiohead-became-the-beatles-of-the-21st-century

The Beatles had a cultural / musical impact on the world. Radiohead just had the musical impact.

iruinedyourday
11-04-2014, 06:33 PM
The Beatles had a cultural / musical impact on the world. Radiohead just had the musical impact.

that's like saying soccer is better than baseball. WRONG

citizen1080
11-04-2014, 10:29 PM
mmmmmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMTT4CtQDvI

lawll
11-05-2014, 01:14 PM
that's like saying soccer is better than baseball. WRONG

How so? The beatles had the first big start in the whole mainstream marketing of pop music. Most people around the world can most likely name a quite a few beatles songs. As for radiohead, the number one song everyone probably knows is "Creep" and the thing is the beatles don't really have one song that everyone knows (it's quite a few songs). Radiohead was kinda big in the 90s with it's generic depressing alt rock sound. And when they started to experiment in the 2000s the mainstream market didn't care and they because a musician's band. Maybe radiohead is bigger in the uk then it is in the states but the beatles are just as huge in the uk as they are around the world. I'm not a huge fan of both bands but anyone can clearly see why you can't compare the two bands not even in the smallest amounts.

Somekid123
11-09-2014, 02:40 AM
-

iruinedyourday
11-09-2014, 03:59 AM
How so? The beatles had the first big start in the whole mainstream marketing of pop music. Most people around the world can most likely name a quite a few beatles songs. As for radiohead, the number one song everyone probably knows is "Creep" and the thing is the beatles don't really have one song that everyone knows (it's quite a few songs). Radiohead was kinda big in the 90s with it's generic depressing alt rock sound. And when they started to experiment in the 2000s the mainstream market didn't care and they because a musician's band. Maybe radiohead is bigger in the uk then it is in the states but the beatles are just as huge in the uk as they are around the world. I'm not a huge fan of both bands but anyone can clearly see why you can't compare the two bands not even in the smallest amounts.

key word - better :) not more popular

Ennewi
11-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Maybe ask the guy who keeps up this spotify playlist blog http://spotirama.blogspot.com/2010/03/bittersweet-distractors-collection-of.html

Didn't see/hear that specific song on the lists but if anyone knows, he might.

Byrjun
11-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Reportedly Jeff Buckley, but Thom was really emo back then.

Kinda equivalent to those girls that carve Elliott Smith's name into their thigh with a razor blade. Bonus points if they misspell Elliott.