PDA

View Full Version : WALKING DEAD

iruinedyourday
10-30-2014, 12:51 AM
dude all yall plz do me a HUGE favor and watch all the new walking dead, as of last season the show got about %1,000 better and I want everyone to throw thier money at it so they keep making more.

its important.. cus its SO GOOD Now :D

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 01:13 AM
Ive been watching it and I am definitely becoming a fan again. I was about to give up in the middle of last season. I hope they keep up the momentum.

I gotta say, I loved the guy who plays Gareth from Terminus. The first episode trough scene when he walks in with his little notebook like some low-level management guy cracked me up. Reminded me of one of my douchey but lovable former co-workers. Good stuff. :)
**edit: added spoiler tags in case someone actually thinks my post has any real spoilers. (p.s. stick this spoiler tag where the sun don't shine, Swish. <3 Lol)

Swish
10-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Stick a spoiler tag on this if there's going to be spoilers <3

Versch
10-30-2014, 08:42 AM
Pacing has definitely improved, and they've shifted focus away from the asian kid which is a great thing as that guy is a woefully awful actor.

However, I still don't understand most of the characters. Their personality and motivations shift so dramatically from one instance to another. The balky writing is such a turn off. I think the pace is going to slow now, as well, since they made up some convoluted reason to split up the main characters again.

Rust1d?
10-30-2014, 09:41 AM
How do you add a spoiler tag?

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 10:00 AM
Like this ---> type your post here

Swish
10-30-2014, 10:13 AM
**edit: added spoiler tags in case someone actually thinks my post has any real spoilers. (p.s. stick this spoiler tag where the sun don't shine, Swish. <3 Lol)

<33

Pringles
10-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Im glad this season isnt sucking, i was also about to be done with it. Though, after the last episode.... i question if Ill enjoy where the story is headed next.

The Walking Dead, the only zombie movie where zombies are not the problem.

FoxxHound
10-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Im glad this season isnt sucking, i was also about to be done with it. Though, after the last episode.... i question if Ill enjoy where the story is headed next.

That's cause they are all slow, and shit~

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 11:21 AM
One thing I'm looking forward to: finding out what's going on with Beth. In the clip of new episode coming up on sunday it looks like she's being held in some kind of medical facility in a city somewhere. Dystopian breeding program, anyone? Lol :eek:

Clark
10-30-2014, 11:44 AM

I wasn't about to be done with it, but very glad it's improved.

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Wait a minute.... is it technically considered a spoiler when the episodes we're discussing have already aired (including Talking Dead and the sneak peeks of next week's episode)? :confused:

ecko70
10-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 I skipped about 5-6 episodes because it was atrocious. 3 was still pretty bland but better and I had hope for the series. 4 was...unremarkable as I cant really recall anything exciting happening. At season 5 I find myself browsing on my phone and having it play in the background. At this point I just want to see it end and how they plan to do it. It's almost like gum that has been chewed for hours and hours and is just blah now.

Swish
10-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Wait a minute.... is it technically considered a spoiler when the episodes we're discussing have already aired (including Talking Dead and the sneak peeks of next week's episode)? :confused:

Not all of us are in the US, but on top of that I can't bear the weekly torture... I tend to watch the seasons once they've aired (via "download").

If there's a spoiler tag in the thread title then those of us who aren't up to date can't have anything spoiled that's all ;)

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 12:37 PM
Not all of us are in the US, but on top of that I can't bear the weekly torture... I tend to watch the seasons once they've aired (via "download").

If there's a spoiler tag in the thread title then those of us who aren't up to date can't have anything spoiled that's all ;)
Oh shit I didn't think of that. I'm a goddamn self-centered American. I humbly apologize. ;)

iruinedyourday
10-30-2014, 02:07 PM
Swish is maya rudolph: http://vimeo.com/14326119

So.. what happend to the grey haired woman, you think shes hurt? why i didn't catch anything that would insinuate she got hurt when we last saw her..

man this season is great! I too felt like the split was like.. it reminded me of the stuff I didnt like where they just let shit drag on.. but everything this sesaon that has reminded me of that, in the next episode they just SHOOT THAT DUDES FINGERS OFF AND KILL HIS MEN OUTA NOWHERE. love it!! just solvin' problems this year, compared to just dancing around them!!

Also, the horror references in the last two years, are WAY more on point.. it really feels like the people that are in charge now, really give a shit about the ganera, and for me thats the biggest of deals cus i love horror! woo!! So glad this show is officialy good zombie cannon now, instead of kinda boring zombie cannon!

like when the black dude with a missing leg is all, YOU DIPSHITS IM TAINTED MEAT LOL! that was the best part... so many great reactions from characters that seem so honest this year!

This video clip I am listening to while I write this.. its so good too :P

PS good thing I previewed this, i misspelled spoiler :P

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 02:26 PM
Swish is maya rudolph: http://vimeo.com/14326119

So.. what happend to the grey haired woman, you think shes hurt? why i didn't catch anything that would insinuate she got hurt when we last saw her..

man this season is great! I too felt like the split was like.. it reminded me of the stuff I didnt like where they just let shit drag on.. but everything this sesaon that has reminded me of that, in the next episode they just SHOOT THAT DUDES FINGERS OFF AND KILL HIS MEN OUTA NOWHERE. love it!! just solvin' problems this year, compared to just dancing around them!!

Also, the horror references in the last two years, are WAY more on point.. it really feels like the people that are in charge now, really give a shit about the ganera, and for me thats the biggest of deals cus i love horror! woo!! So glad this show is officialy good zombie cannon now, instead of kinda boring zombie cannon!

like when the black dude with a missing leg is all, YOU DIPSHITS IM TAINTED MEAT LOL! that was the best part... so many great reactions from characters that seem so honest this year!

This video clip I am listening to while I write this.. its so good too :P

PS good thing I previewed this, i misspelled spoiler :P
Omg yeah I loved the tainted meat thing, that was some funny shit! Lol @ the people puking and gagging and freaking out..

Seriously though... can you even imagine what it would be like to watch some cannibals roasting and devouring your severed leg right before your eyes?
P.S. Sorry about all the spoiler posts, Swish. Is it driving you nuts yet? Ok, stopping for now. <3

Pringles
10-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Sorry to sidetrack, but something thats always bugged me about the series (and I realize its maybe "too real" to put in the show but still... it irks me.....)

Did I miss the explanation for this? Every episode, zombie blood is spraying everywhere, people are rubbing it on their skin, its surely getting in their eyes / mouth / cuts / wherever.... but yet, they never get "infected" like they do when they are bitten.

I was willing to let it slide until last episode when Gareth and friends were eating Bob and he was laughing at them because he was bitten and they were eating his tainted meat..... they didnt really play on it, since those goons are now all dead, but they were very concerned about getting infected from eating him.... yet no one is concerned about getting infected from getting zombie blood on you?

Also, everyone is "infected" but nothing happens until you die... but if a zombie bites you, you're now 2x infected???? and you're for sure going to die.... what gives?

Again, I realize its maybe "too real" to worry about blood spatter etc, but this shit doesnt add up to me and it irks me :)

Pringles
10-30-2014, 03:11 PM
OK a buddy brought up that maybe zombies are just so damn "dirty" from the rot / decay / parasites, that getting bitten isnt really a zombie "infection" per say, but your body cant cope with all the parasites and shuts down. Which would explain why the blood spray doesnt matter (Since everyone is "infected" already)........

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 05:14 PM
^^ That gets a bit confusing to me too...

iruinedyourday
10-30-2014, 05:25 PM
well for me, i mean the idea that you are eating tanted meat is enough to gross you out.. and yea i myself would be a little more attentive to my eyes and mouth geting zombie blood.. i would dress more like this guy from 28 days later:

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/Browning35/28Days-Later-Brendan-Gleeson-Riot-G.jpg

than these guys, from like EVERY zombie movie:

http://cdn3-www.craveonline.com/assets/uploads/2013/03/Saturday-Night-Live-Walking-Dead.jpg

I mean i know its hot in georga or whever it is they are, but damn man i dk, roll ducktape all over your shit or something!

Ironicaly *28 Days Later spoilers - Spoilers - spoilers* the guy dressed in riot gear, gets blood in his eye in 28 days later and its game over for him...

I htink that for me maybe the zombie infection is not contagious out in the open air for long, like aids. And you have to get it mixed into the blood stream to really get it going.. maybe? thats plausible enough for me :)

But also in the walking deads defence, homeboy did used to dress like this a lot:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130401152651/walkingdead/images/6/6f/AMCpicWttT4.png

I would just say no to short sleve shirts heh

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 05:36 PM
I know this is the Walking Dead thread but when you brought up "28 Days Later" (which I loved) it made me think of one of my other favorites, "Dawn of the Dead". Remember the celebrity zombie scene (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TS6_Y6r5r-8)? Lol..

iruinedyourday
10-30-2014, 05:51 PM
I know this is the Walking Dead thread but when you brought up "28 Days Later" (which I loved) it made me think of one of my other favorites, "Dawn of the Dead". Remember the celebrity zombie scene (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TS6_Y6r5r-8)? Lol..

Dude The dawn of the dead remake has the best chaos scene ever when the helecoptor is flying over the town and the car just goes straight into the gas station.. loved it!!

also the guy from modern family, who knew he had such range? "well if by daed, you mean walking around eating each other, then yea theyre all dead" lol

Also, my favorite of alllll time is the original dawn of the dead.. for me the perfect zombie movie covers a full range of emotion, from chaos, to calmness to chaos to escape, and the original really hit on all the notes.. putting it in a mall really pointed out how much of us are hoping for a zombie apocalypse because we all get to go on a shopping spree.. I mean.. so much of what modern zombie movies are, came from that perticular one..

ugh I love zombie movies!

but the 70's ones are my fave...

but that new dawn of the dead is so good.. u know what else is funny shit in that new one? when that girl is running around looking for her dog with that stupid name shouting, "chips! wru chips! CHIPS! come here boy!"

lol always joke about naming a dog chips from that scene cus it sounds so stupid (no offence if any yall have a dog named chips, that name is so bad its good so none intended :) )

All that said, have you read the world war z book? when I turned the last page in that I thought to myself, 'well shit, i guess i never have to wonder what would happen during a zombie apocalypse ever again' 8/

It really covers everything!

The OG day of the dead is ok too.. I just bought this movie online and its a movie I havent seen before, looking forward to watching it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/City-of-the-walking-dead.jpg

oh and one more!!! i think this ones on netflix and its SO GOOD!!!!! Cuban zombie movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOquktXvkT4

check out this rad clip too from the same movie, its funny and takes it self seroiusly, its great!! :

https://vine.co/v/bHdnXeMiHnK

I shutup now :)

Sidelle
10-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Dude The dawn of the dead remake has the best chaos scene ever when the helecoptor is flying over the town and the car just goes straight into the gas station.. loved it!!

also the guy from modern family, who knew he had such range? "well if by daed, you mean walking around eating each other, then yea theyre all dead" lol

Also, my favorite of alllll time is the original dawn of the dead.. for me the perfect zombie movie covers a full range of emotion, from chaos, to calmness to chaos to escape, and the original really hit on all the notes.. putting it in a mall really pointed out how much of us are hoping for a zombie apocalypse because we all get to go on a shopping spree.. I mean.. so much of what modern zombie movies are, came from that perticular one..

ugh I love zombie movies!

but the 70's ones are my fave...

but that new dawn of the dead is so good.. u know what else is funny shit in that new one? when that girl is running around looking for her dog with that stupid name shouting, "chips! wru chips! CHIPS! come here boy!"

lol always joke about naming a dog chips from that scene cus it sounds so stupid (no offence if any yall have a dog named chips, that name is so bad its good so none intended :) )

All that said, have you read the world war z book? when I turned the last page in that I thought to myself, 'well shit, i guess i never have to wonder what would happen during a zombie apocalypse ever again' 8/

It really covers everything!

The OG day of the dead is ok too.. I just bought this movie online and its a movie I havent seen before, looking forward to watching it:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/City-of-the-walking-dead.jpg

oh and one more!!! i think this ones on netflix and its SO GOOD!!!!! Cuban zombie movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOquktXvkT4

check out this rad clip too from the same movie, its funny and takes it self seroiusly, its great!! :

https://vine.co/v/bHdnXeMiHnK

I shutup now :)
Lol yes, I'm a big zombie movie fan too. And speaking of zombies, I'm flipping through channels right now and just came across a show called "Man-Eating Zombie Cats" on Animal Planet. Haha wtf is this...

...aw man. They aren't zombies at all. Disappoint.

:D

iruinedyourday
10-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Lol yes, I'm a big zombie movie fan too. And speaking of zombies, I'm flipping through channels right now and just came across a show called "Man-Eating Zombie Cats" on Animal Planet. Haha wtf is this...

...aw man. They aren't zombies at all. Disappoint.

:D

how dare they try to prey on two of the most fanatical of demographics, cats & zombies.. :D

Derubael
10-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Would assume zombie bite makes you die quickly from epic bacterial blood infection.
I refuse to use a spoiler tag so I'm sure everyone can think of an example in the show where this "knowledge" is used to save a life.

If you take a corpse, leave it in the woods for 18 months, yet somehow manage to maintain its overall shape and form without falling apart and/or decaying... you'll end up with a big, nearly jellified blood/tissue/membrane bacteria hell-storm. Then suddenly take that corpses jaw and, using the hydraulic pressure system you installed in its mouth 18 months ago designed to mimic a hungry ass man bite, aim for the back of your buddies thigh right above the knee. Or anywhere on an arm. Center torso from groin to face is also acceptable. Now leave this person alone by a tree with a laughable excuse for a tourniquet and a prayer overnight.

If he's not dead from a blood infection that nuked the walls of his heart/lungs or ate through brain tissue within 24 hours I very much doubt any amount of quality medical care in a sterile environment will save him. Even just being around tissue that's been decaying the amount of time these zombies have been walking around for can be extremely dangerous. Gather it all up and stick it in a gaping bite wound in a world where the world "sterile" means you wiped it with your sweaty shirt and 24 hour (or less) infection deaths are not too far off the mark.

Or, you know. Zombie genre rule #1: people die/return however is most convenient for the plot.

iruinedyourday
10-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Would assume zombie bite makes you die quickly from epic bacterial blood infection.
I refuse to use a spoiler tag so I'm sure everyone can think of an example in the show where this "knowledge" is used to save a life.

If you take a corpse, leave it in the woods for 18 months, yet somehow manage to maintain its overall shape and form without falling apart and/or decaying... you'll end up with a big, nearly jellified blood/tissue/membrane bacteria hell-storm. Then suddenly take that corpses jaw and, using the hydraulic pressure system you installed in its mouth 18 months ago designed to mimic a hungry ass man bite, aim for the back of your buddies thigh right above the knee. Or anywhere on an arm. Center torso from groin to face is also acceptable. Now leave this person alone by a tree with a laughable excuse for a tourniquet and a prayer overnight.

If he's not dead from a blood infection that nuked the walls of his heart/lungs or ate through brain tissue within 24 hours I very much doubt any amount of quality medical care in a sterile environment will save him. Even just being around tissue that's been decaying the amount of time these zombies have been walking around for can be extremely dangerous. Gather it all up and stick it in a gaping bite wound in a world where the world "sterile" means you wiped it with your sweaty shirt and 24 hour (or less) infection deaths are not too far off the mark.

Or, you know. Zombie genre rule #1: people die/return however is most convenient for the plot.

yea zombie stories tend to bounce around between what your saying here, and that the bite itself turns you into a zombie. In my head the official cannon is the bite kills you.. and whoever dies, if you dont kill the brain will come back.

Some content refute this, but as I am getting older, my internal knowledge of all the stupid shit people say in every zombie movie has exited my brain.. So i cant give you examples of good zombie movies, that people dont turn if they arnt bitten and they die of natural causes.

I wonder what max brooks thinks about the subject...

Derubael
10-30-2014, 09:09 PM
yea zombie stories tend to bounce around between what your saying here, and that the bite itself turns you into a zombie. In my head the official cannon is the bite kills you.. and whoever dies, if you dont kill the brain will come back.

Some content refute this, but as I am getting older, my internal knowledge of all the stupid shit people say in every zombie movie has exited my brain.. So i cant give you examples of good zombie movies, that people dont turn if they arnt bitten and they die of natural causes.

I wonder what max brooks thinks about the subject...

Fine, spoiler tag.... from season 1 and maybe the end of ... season 2 i think, regarding Zombie Virus #597316 (the five hundred ninety-seven thousand three-hundred and sixteenth version of a zombie virus in popular culture involving zombies):

The outbreak and virus itself was pretty thoroughly explained in Season 1 by crazy CDC man in the Atlanta headquarters. The virus itself reanimates dead brain tissue with the desire to eat as the only enabled brain activity. Rick was then informed by crazy scientist guy that everyone has the virus and must have their brain destroyed when they die. The potential for bites to be lethal as a result of the virus has never been mentioned or discussed; everyone just knows that when you die you go zombie shortly afterwards, as is confirmed (and finally revealed to everyone but Rick, who already knew) when Evil Shane becomes slightly less Evil Zombie Shane after being killed.

Until someone smart on the show specifically points out the Viral component of the bite(S) to be the killer, I'm sticking with my explanation, although there is this:

Spoiler from current season regarding the virus:
I will need to re-watch this particular part of the episode to be sure, but the biological warfare expert traveling with them very openly states that he worked specifically on viral warfare designed to fight genetically engineered virus' similar to the ones they were encountering with the current zombie apocalypse. If this is in fact a genetically modified super virus or some kind of genetic weapon, its feasible that some weird Korean scientist in an under ground lab specifically designed it this way as a fail-safe; so that even if the virus somehow made it back to it's creators or was accidentally unleashed, everyone would instantly drop to the floor and do the monster mash until they woke up as a zombie.

So that's possible Nerd theory #1, based on the opinion of a single expert in the always ridiculous and cutting edge field of nerd science(myself). I still think that until a more clear picture of this virus, something that is coming - they have been foreshadowing it since last season - is revealed, massive and horrible multiple threat infection the likes of which we have never seen is the best answer for the time period in which people die after a bite.Depending on severity (neck bite seems to bring you down quick - loss of blood is an easy culprit) the length of time varies, but even the smallest bites like the one we see on - yeah spoiler incoming, if you've read this much of my post you clearly don't care/have been watching - our young black male alcoholic friend who pushed the number of black people past the token point for that race on a Fox Cable network, which was hardly even a bite, but seemed to be on course to take him out near the 18 hour mark.

That's days faster than the most cases of sepsis, though it's not unheard of for it to kill in less than 2 days. And who knows what kinds of extraneous diseases these things are carrying around - lime disease, virulent strains of aids, maleria - the list goes on. A single bite could open you up to anything from the common cold to the bubonic plague in addition to the smorgasboard of delicious bacteria and toxins already present from the corpses decay. That's alot of ohshitimgonnadie in one bite.

Then again, nerdtheory #1 opens up plot windows, so that's likely what will end up occurring, if it gets explained at all.

Reguiy
10-30-2014, 09:33 PM
Sorry to sidetrack, but something thats always bugged me about the series (and I realize its maybe "too real" to put in the show but still... it irks me.....)

Did I miss the explanation for this? Every episode, zombie blood is spraying everywhere, people are rubbing it on their skin, its surely getting in their eyes / mouth / cuts / wherever.... but yet, they never get "infected" like they do when they are bitten.

I was willing to let it slide until last episode when Gareth and friends were eating Bob and he was laughing at them because he was bitten and they were eating his tainted meat..... they didnt really play on it, since those goons are now all dead, but they were very concerned about getting infected from eating him.... yet no one is concerned about getting infected from getting zombie blood on you?

Also, everyone is "infected" but nothing happens until you die... but if a zombie bites you, you're now 2x infected???? and you're for sure going to die.... what gives?

Again, I realize its maybe "too real" to worry about blood spatter etc, but this shit doesnt add up to me and it irks me :)

This is one of the reasons 28 Days Later is indisputably one of the "most real" zombie apocalypse movies for full on immersion and realistic problems they would have. In The Walking Dead they would all have turned by now. I mean shit, when they waded around in that food bank mucky ass zombie water, if any of them who had any sort of minor scratch or skin lesion or something they'll all be eating flesh right now. Or any time they slaughter a zombie and get their face completely covered in blood. Chances are if they ever had their eyes open doing that shit they were dead. Whereas in 28 Days Later, some dude turn into a zombie from a single drop of zombie brains dripping into his eye and had a full on riot suit to deal with the "infected."

If I was in the walking dead I'd be that guy walking around giving people facemasks, gloves and wet naps. Telling people to never chew their fingers and be careful of papercuts.

Pringles
10-31-2014, 03:13 PM
NERDS!

OK but seriously, I think Deru is spot on. The bite is so nasty from the rot / decay / whatever that that is what kills you, everyone has the "base" infection already (that turns you when you die), which is why no one turns from blood spray etc.

I still wouldn't want to walk around brushing up against zombies / getting blood sprayed without a bio suit though!

iruinedyourday
10-31-2014, 03:50 PM
If I was in the walking dead I'd be that guy walking around giving people facemasks, gloves and wet naps. Telling people to never chew their fingers and be careful of papercuts.

I wish they would write you into the show, even if just for a few episodes. You would be an awesome character!

iruinedyourday
11-04-2014, 06:27 PM
DAT NEW EPISODE! SO GOOD this show is the best on tv right now dayum!

citizen1080
11-04-2014, 10:43 PM
DAT NEW EPISODE! SO GOOD this show is the best on tv right now dayum!

This season of Sons of Anarchy is very solid. I'd put it up there with walking dead. I was actually kinda bored with the beth episode =/

Sidelle
11-05-2014, 12:02 AM
I was glad to know what was going on with Beth after she was snatched up by that asshole cop. And I'm dying to know how Carol ends up there at the end of the episode! Those dudes stand no chance against Carol (when whatever injury she has is patched up). Muhahaha... they're in for a treat.

citizen1080
11-05-2014, 01:04 AM
It was great to see what happened to her but over all prolly my least favorite episode this season.

As for carol, if you recall her and daryl saw the car at the end of the previous episode. We were lead to believe that when daryl came back through the trees at the end that carol was behind him, but i think it was this black kid noah. Carol/Daryl must have followed them, got into it with them and they snagged carol. Daryl was watching their building when noah ran out.

Sidelle
11-05-2014, 01:56 AM
Holy shit. Reading your spoiler I just realized that my dvr has been making me miss crucial shit at the end of episodes. It always cuts off on me but I never knew til now I was missing much. Lol, gonna see what I missed on VoD right now!

Will be adjusting my recording times. :)

iruinedyourday
11-05-2014, 03:37 AM
wait after Darrel came through the trees was there more? like do they show stuff after credits? eep!

side note, a good way to troll rnf is to have this thread there and keep screwing up the [spoiler} tags without the ability to edit lmao

Sidelle
11-05-2014, 09:55 AM
wait after Darrel came through the trees was there more? like do they show stuff after credits? eep!
No, I was mistaken. I didn't read Bob's post correctly. The scenario he described in his spoiler was his own theory of what might be going on to explain things next week ... if Noah ends up being the one following Daryl out of the trees (plus, a reason Carol may have ended up being snatched and taken to the hospital). I think Bob's probably right. I'm happy to say I haven't been disappointed with this season so far. :)

FoxxHound
11-05-2014, 10:58 AM
AW MA GAWD. I wanna see it!

Sidelle
11-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Beth is my least favorite char. in the show and last episode left me hoping for her to get eaten already...I was also wishing that sometimes I could pull an Officer Dawn at work and just smack the closest asshole when I'm pissed....
Lol!. I kind of agree with you about Beth sometimes. .. For instance, I was annoyed by that dumb look on her face when Officer Nasty (forgot his name) lewdly stuck that lollipop in her mouth. Even if it bought me an ass-beating I still would have tried squishing his balls like grapes.
But in the end I was satisfied when his throat was torn out by that newly-turned walker chick, so I guess it worked out. :)

Sidelle
11-05-2014, 07:51 PM
AW MA GAWD. I wanna see it!
Lol. :(

Greegon
11-06-2014, 11:25 AM
i liked the beth episode.. every episode this season has been a lot better than other recent seasons things looking up

GradnerLives
11-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Show getting goog for sure. Just got a chance to watch last week's last night.

Hate to be the dude playing rapey Gorman.
"Alright, you're going to be in 4 scenes in this episode: One where you're rapey, another where you're sexist and rapey, one more where you attempt to rape, then one last one where you get your neck ate". Wouldn't even tell my friends I was going to be on, lol.

BulletCatcher
11-07-2014, 01:25 PM
I feel like this is drop in the plot after the climax and resolution of the Hunters. Now Abraham and those folks took off on the road leaving a map for Rick (foreshadowing). All that needs to be done is this build up involving Beth, Daryl, and Carol. After this, I believe they will meet up with Abraham, Glen, Maggie and the others to continue their treck towards DC.

sox7d
11-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Beth episode was just an appeal to the SJWs with that speech of "We need to keep the men happy by letting them rape us so that they'll protect us from zombies (even though women are capable of killing zombies)"

Because apparently that allegory is spot on for society, as far as tumblr is concerned.

Sidelle
11-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Tonight's episode. I learned an important life lesson.
NEVER TRUST A MOTHAFUCKA WITH A MULLET

iruinedyourday
11-09-2014, 11:52 PM
agh time zones!! i wana click that button so bad!

Pringles
11-10-2014, 12:14 AM

Magnar
11-10-2014, 12:39 AM

That sweet, sweet Tennessee Tophat.

It woulda been totally fucking unreasonable for them to even ATTEMPT to get through that sea of walkers, even if they had the entire group with them. It was just a suicide mission, and even though Eugene turned out to be a lying pricktard, he probably saved all their lives right there by coming clean. Hopefully, with only 3 episodes left, the group can all reconnect. Things just seem...off...when the party is split up...like a bad D&D game, or waiting for EQ group members to finally show up or come back from AFK.

Spoiler below has to do with the preview clip from Talking Dead so if you didn't watch that, don't click it.
Pretty sure it was Beth in that white wrap that Daryl was carrying to the fire.

Misto
11-10-2014, 12:59 AM
This show has been fucking stupid ever since they got to the Center of Disease Control in Season 1.

Also. Breaking Bad sucked.

Sidelle
11-10-2014, 02:43 AM
Fuk, I know. That was my first thought too. :( It just seems too obvious though but who knows... I can't think of who else it might have been. :confused:

Sidelle
11-10-2014, 02:45 AM
Also. Breaking Bad sucked.
How dare you! Jerk ;) Breaking Bad was awesome.

Sidelle
11-10-2014, 02:47 AM

Lol.. so mean of me to dangle spoilers when you gotta wait. :D

Derubael
11-10-2014, 05:16 AM
Fuk, I know. That was my first thought too. :( It just seems too obvious though but who knows... I can't think of who else it might have been. :confused:

it better not have been. my innocence will be forever lost if that's the case.

San
11-10-2014, 03:01 PM
it better not have been. my innocence will be forever lost if that's the case.

I don't think it was. She says thank you as he puts her in. I don't think she would say thank you if it was to him because he cares for her just the same. Probably someone new she met that helped her.

Sidelle
11-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I don't think it was. She says thank you as he puts her in. I don't think she would say thank you if it was to him because he cares for her just the same. Probably someone new she met that helped her.
I hope you're right -- but they looked pretty sad, tbh. They usually only look like that when they've lost one of their own.

San
11-10-2014, 08:57 PM
True they did look sad. And the size of the body was about right. They probably do that on purpose too.

Patriam1066
11-10-2014, 09:34 PM
How do you do the spoiler thing? I don't know so SPOILER ALERT

I called that Eugene shit early on. Not tooting my own horn, but his story was sketchy as fuck. That being said, I can't believe he was actually that big of a manipulative scumbag. I would 100% kill him, especially if I were the one he told about the bus.

I like this season minus the most recent episode. There has actually been a lot of action, instead of the normal monotony of pseudo-intellectual dialogue and mindless wandering.

Also, Bob / citizen is right about Noah being with Daryl imo. Season finale will be Rick and the Troublemakers taking the hospital, or at least that's where I see it heading.

Sidelle
11-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Just type out the spolier tags as shown in the box below. Or cut/paste it and replace "your post here" with what you wanna say. :) Then check it by previewing your post and you'll be able to see if it worked or not before submitting your reply.

Your post here

Yeah I'm pretty much agreeing with you guys about the upcoming plot.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2014, 03:41 AM

I am so glad I waited till after to click that~~~~!!

also

Tennessee top hat lol with a name like that I almost want one

Derubael
11-11-2014, 06:11 AM
btw, eugene revelation nukes one of my zombie-death theories, so we're back to rapid, overpowering septic infections.

Sidelle
11-11-2014, 07:50 AM
I am so glad I waited till after to click that~~~~!Tennessee top hat lol with a name like that I almost want one
I know, right. Never heard it called that before. Lol

btw, eugene revelation nukes one of my zombie-death theories, so we're back to rapid, overpowering septic infections.
Eugenes's new storyline: when and if he ever wakes up from his Abraham-induced coma, he'll only be able to count to potato for the rest of his life.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2014, 03:38 PM

no wait!!! I was like, really excited about this episode and was all about posting to ask you what you thought about it when I got to work!!! ok here:

what the fuck is up with the "frog hair" scratch and the nasty zombie blood mustache man got all over it & his hand? is that foreshadowing the episode where he turns into a zombie and they address 'cuts and bruises' mixing with zombie blood, turning you into a zombie? Is it going to foreshadow that he is Immune to the infection and give them a new mission?? um.. is it nothing? (Is his girl gonna get a Zombie STD?? haha)

In the 2004 Dawn of the dead, they did a red herring thing like that with the Ving Rhames character.. he falls into the fountain when they first break into the mall and he cuts his arm, they so deliberately show it being cut with an extreme closeup up, and him falling into the water where a zombie had been rustling around for the last day that I was sure they were going to do something about it.. but they bandaged him up and they never said anything about it..

Im gonna google that scene and see what answers Zack Snoider must have given to the questions people asked him about it at places like comic con or something, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been scratching their head about what went down with that scene for the last 10 years..

I dono what do you guys think? is mustache military man immune or gona be a zombie? or is it just a weird red herring?

Walth
11-11-2014, 03:58 PM
no wait!!! I was like, really excited about this episode and was all about posting to ask you what you thought about it when I got to work!!! ok here:

what the fuck is up with the "frog hair" scratch and the nasty zombie blood mustache man got all over it & his hand? is that foreshadowing the episode where he turns into a zombie and they address 'cuts and bruises' mixing with zombie blood, turning you into a zombie? Is it going to foreshadow that he is Immune to the infection and give them a new mission?? um.. is it nothing? (Is his girl gonna get a Zombie STD?? haha)

In the 2004 Dawn of the dead, they did a red herring thing like that with the Ving Rhames character.. he falls into the fountain when they first break into the mall and he cuts his arm, they so deliberately show it being cut with an extreme closeup up, and him falling into the water where a zombie had been rustling around for the last day that I was sure they were going to do something about it.. but they bandaged him up and they never said anything about it..

Im gonna google that scene and see what answers Zack Snoider must have given to the questions people asked him about it at places like comic con or something, I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been scratching their head about what went down with that scene for the last 10 years..

I dono what do you guys think? is mustache military man immune or gona be a zombie? or is it just a weird red herring?

On stache bruh:

I think the cut was a metaphor for an internal "wound" that isn't healing. It is on his punching hand - the hand he destroyed those guys with where his family became afraid of him.

I think it is just being used to symbolize how a wound like that reopens if it isn't address.

Probably way off and he is going to become septic /shrug

Sidelle
11-11-2014, 04:32 PM

But you'd think if cuts are a problem, then having zombie blood splashed in your face, mouth, eyes, etc would have been turning people since the beginning. These people have been exposed to that a lot throughout the series. How would a cut be any different all of a sudden? And LOL @ zombie STD. "Your dick will fall off" no longer just an expression...
On stache bruh:
I think the cut was a metaphor for an internal "wound" that isn't healing. It is on his punching hand - the hand he destroyed those guys with where his family became afraid of him.

I think it is just being used to symbolize how a wound like that reopens if it isn't address.

^^I actually think that's pretty good. I like it. :)

Pringles
11-11-2014, 08:42 PM
I called the Eugene thing the moment he showed up, I knew that dude was a fake, and also a pussy

Patriam1066
11-11-2014, 09:09 PM
I know, right. Never heard it called that before. Lol

Eugenes's new storyline: when and if he ever wakes up from his Abraham-induced coma, he'll only be able to count to potato for the rest of his life.

Yeah... The way he bounced off the fire engine and then went straight down was hilarious imo. He's definitely a potato counter candidate lol

On stache bruh:

Agree 100%

Magnar
11-11-2014, 09:56 PM
On stache bruh:

Wow, that is 100% spot fucking on! Major points for that one.

iruinedyourday
11-11-2014, 11:00 PM
On stache bruh:

that's a great outlook! damn! Yea you are probably very right! I tend to take things like wounds very literal in zombie movies.. but that could enplane a lot!! I wonder if its same shit in the 2004 dawn of the dead haha!

Thanks for that insight!

Patriam1066
11-11-2014, 11:34 PM
that's a great outlook! damn! Yea you are probably very right! I tend to take things like wounds very literal in zombie movies.. but that could enplane a lot!! I wonder if its same shit in the 2004 dawn of the dead haha!

Thanks for that insight!

As for this season, have you noticed the religious references? There's Samson, the pastor (who is, not coincidentally for their purposes, a shit head), the idea of Eugene being a messiah who can actually lead them to some promised land?

All of these religious references are there, and yet the pastor sucks, Maggie doesn't dinish Her point about Samson (the implication being Eugene blows)....

Hard to explain this typing on a phone but I believe they are exploring the motifs of hope vs despair as it pertains to why humans keep religion around in the first place. These guys, like mustache dude (name eludes me) are lookin for a purpose, or some hope, which is not unlike why many people are religious. I do think that this season is showing the futility of it all, not in some literal cut and dry sense, but through the pastor's immorality (and hypocrisy), Eugene's false prophet-esque deception, and army mustache dude believing, in a completely irrational way (he wanted to go through all of those zombies...) his mission, like many zealots, and come to find out his mission was BS to begin with. It's a good season, but as an optimist I disagree with what I think they're getting at, which looks like nihilism / futility at this point in the plot. I will say this though, I do think they tie in the religious symbolism very well. I don't usually analyze the walking dead, but this time the philosophy is on point, even if I disagree with it.

Walth
11-12-2014, 10:59 AM
I think they are more focusing on humanity and a person's character - who they were and who they've become with a change in the world. I think the religion is a platform to show that on.

Patriam1066
11-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I think they are more focusing on humanity and a person's character - who they were and who they've become with a change in the world. I think the religion is a platform to show that on.

Yeah I probably over analyzed it. I'me just happy Eugene is gone... Couldn't stand him

iruinedyourday
11-13-2014, 04:02 AM
o i doubt hes gone yet

Walth
11-13-2014, 09:54 AM
He might have that "water boy" studder after that beating and hitting his head on the asphalt lol.

iruinedyourday
11-13-2014, 02:37 PM
He might have that "water boy" studder after that beating and hitting his head on the asphalt lol.

the audio they used for that face plant was the same that they use for a slplit open zombie head I was sure he was dunzo haha

also how about those water solvent zombies in the fire house lmao

AnOldEnemy
11-15-2014, 11:20 PM
Pacing of the show is terrible. Yay were all back together again were never going to leave each other.....proceeds to all split up again. It's awesome waiting multiple weeks just to find out what happened to the few characters left you actually somewhat care about.

Clark
11-15-2014, 11:41 PM
It's a pretty good show; stop being ridiculous.

iruinedyourday
11-16-2014, 12:00 AM
cant please everyone.

sox7d
11-17-2014, 08:45 PM
>tfw feel like pedo for thinking beth's hot
>tfw find out beth actress is 29
>tfw in sexual fantasies beth would be pedo for like 5 years.

iruinedyourday
11-18-2014, 03:41 PM
That last ep was a little uneventful but oh well still good!! Someone here guessed right about who it was dale walked into the camp with!

citizen1080
11-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Yet another Meh Episode. They are losing me...

iruinedyourday
11-20-2014, 03:19 PM

if u sat through those first 3 terrible seasons you can sit through 1 or 2 meh episodes after 15 baller ones!

my friend told me, 'you should just be thankful that there is a zombie tv show on mainstream tv and watch it for that alone.'

we owe it to ourselves! :P

Pringles
11-20-2014, 03:23 PM

iruinedyourday
11-20-2014, 03:58 PM
fickle fans

sox7d
11-20-2014, 04:43 PM
A month ago, I thought they'd still be in Terminus.

Sidelle
11-20-2014, 05:05 PM
A month ago, I thought they'd still be in Terminus.
^^Me too.

The pace is definitely slowing down but I'm gonna stick with it because of my love of some of the main characters plus time already invested.

Speaking of zombie shows on mainstream tv, does anyone watch Zombie Nation? If so is it worth watching? I can't really remember why I've never tried watching it but I think I vaguely recall people saying it was retarded or something...

iruinedyourday
11-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Haha never heard of z nation but I'll try it out tonight and let you know. Sure it's gona be terrible though haha but whatever I watched falling sky or whatever that show was, can't be much worse.

AnOldEnemy
11-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Pacing is still terrible, I'd honestly be happier if they cut down the number of episodes and just gave the episodes more substance. I mean cmon how many times during an episode can they kill time with meaningless same old dialogues, its obvious they are looking just to kill time. Idk who thinks its ok who have a 50 minute show have 40 minutes of nothing and then always end with 5 minutes of action just to get you to tune in next week. If I hadn't been watching the show since the first season and read the novels I would've stopped watching a long time ago. I would be happier if they just showed them exploring abandoned shit to scavenge, that nothing would be better than the nothing we are getting.

P.S. They need to bring in Negan like ASAP but they will probably slowroll the season along and end with his entrance or some other crap like that.

iruinedyourday
12-01-2014, 11:36 PM
I thought since we were all getting in touch with life outside of p99 (I mean after we all reported like 5 or 6 bugs for the devs that is) that I would post about my experience watching Z-Nation (which I just finished)

it kinda sucks.. its like basically a milk toast version of walking dead.. BUT that doesn't matter, I watched it all.. its got zombies in it, and has a slightly (and i mean slightly) different story than the walking dead.

It was really annoying watching them both at the same time cus I was getting them really mixed up but whatever, thats some first world problem shit.

Now I am watching a new show called "the Ship".. its also pretty milk toast but its pretty alright, its about a star destroyer (or whatever the navy calls thier boats) that was in the antarctic circle doing research for 4 months, that discovers that a virus has killed off 80% of the worlds population and they alone have the means for a cure! So its a race against time bla bla bla.. I'm about 4 episodes in and gonna binge a few more tonight.

Yea so these shows are ok.. better than say, the B in apartment 23 or whatever (not that that show is bad, its just these have zombies and battleships in them so they are inherently better).

Hope you enjoyed this review of those shows! If you reallllllly like end of the world shit, check them out, if not then dont!

oh and also, I think the Ship is inspried from this old movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vBAwc23sD8

apparently some Japanese film maker made a movie in america for the first time and it was crazy, I haven't watched it yet but its been on my list for many years. I remember as a young boy my parents talking about it. Its got a similar story to the ship so far, well its about a naval vessel that is scootin' around without getting sick during a global pandemic.

Zadrian
12-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Beth was dumb

Pringles
12-03-2014, 05:20 PM
This show is losing me quickly. Last few episodes have sucked TBH. Im starting to pay less and less attention to the show as I watch it, because its becoming less and less critical to pay attention to know whats going on.

iruinedyourday
12-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I know its like, since it started doing well i feel like they said, 'lets give those old writer/directors a shot again'

last 3 eps were dumb and boring like old walking dead :(

citizen1080
12-06-2014, 12:06 AM
Dumbledor kills Beth

iruinedyourday
12-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Dumbledor kills Beth

that was such a waste of our time, what a shitty 4 episode arch.. 'here are a bunch of characters that you dont care about that are going to die, enjoy this waste of a quarter of a season!

Tasslehofp99
12-06-2014, 12:47 AM
that was such a waste of our time, what a shitty 4 episode arch.. 'here are a bunch of characters that you dont care about that are going to die, enjoy this waste of a quarter of a season!

Agreed man, this whole season I'm like "who the fuck cares about these useless characters??" and then I turn to my girlfriend and see she is genuinely upset with how the last episode turned out.

All about the ratings.

Pringles
12-08-2014, 01:23 PM
LOL I wasnt paying enough attention to know what happened with Beth apparently. I should just stop watching.