PDA

View Full Version : Newb looking for easy plat ideas

GorrinBB
10-28-2014, 03:16 PM
Been looking at EC auctions and realizing I need a good 1k plat or so to save alot of time and get some key low-mid level gear for my new bard (level 10 currently). Anyone have any ideas that aren't a huge time sink, or something I can swarm kite (learning this tactic currently)? Having a blast so far here, just would like to grab up a few key items to smooth out the process.

Thanks!

Esheon
10-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Honestly? Get levels. Nothing at that level really drops decent vendor trash, and anything that drops items you sell to players (deathfist/crushbone belts, orc scalps, etc) is probably camped. It would take huge amounts of those sales to get you to 1kp anyway. The only decent money camp I know of around that level is the sisters in lfay, and that's a 4-spawn static camp a bit higher than you, with someone nearly always camping it.

Levels are king. Higher-level mobs drop more cash and better items.

Kastro
10-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Orc camps in sro drop pickbringers chain items.. those sell for 80-100plat each... and wold be around your level...

Willow Wisps are excellent plat and exp while leveling. Those can be found in east commons, west commons, and North Karana close to the gypsy camp... you may want to consider getting bound very close and just kiting them with your dissonance dot and getting a whole bunch of them... You do need a magic wep to hit them so you can finish them off...

BarackObooma
10-29-2014, 04:18 PM
This works best if you have a caster that can gate (bind at Nestral or Rebby) but next best would be a bard with Selos. It's just running back and forth from East Freeport to West Freeport.

Do this quest over and over. The quest reward (Rebby's Whiskers) is not lore and stacks to 20. You can sell them in EC for 5-10pp each for lazy people trying to fix faction. You should be able to make 100-200pp an hour.

Make a hotkey for the dialogue:
For Nestral: I can run to Janam and Rebby's

http://wiki.project1999.com/Note_for_Rebby

Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk Ill got better. (+7)
Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk got better. (+7)
Your faction standing with Carson McCabe got better. (+1)
Your faction standing with Corrupt Qeynos Guards got better. (+1)
Your faction standing with The Freeport Militia got better. (+1)

loramin
10-29-2014, 05:12 PM
Levels are king. Higher-level mobs drop more cash and better items.

At level 50 or so (depending on your class) you can do Seafury Cyclops, which can get you 500+ plat an hour. At level 40 or so you can do Hill Giants which can get you 20 plat or so each (100-200 an hour). In contrast, at level 10 (or any level before 40) you will find it very difficult to make more than 50 plat an hour; that's an entire order of magnitude less than what you can do at 50.

Meanwhile the difference between wearing armor you find on the stuff you kill, and wearing 1k worth of purchased gear, is very small. I'm not saying there's no difference at all, but the actual impact on your leveling speed will be minimal. Certainly it will be a LOT less than 10x+ difference between trying to earn plat now vs. at level 50 or so.

All that being said, if you really do want to get plat now, in a few levels you can start looking at this guide to get ideas (and if you find anywhere not in that guide, by all means please add it; it is a wiki after all):

http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide

*EDIT*
As I was writing this BarackObooma went and posted a great suggestion for how to make a decent amount of plat per hour at low level. It's not a bad suggestion, but personally I'm a little skeptical that you'll be able to find buyers that easily (there's not that many people that care about faction), so I suspect you'll be spending a lot of time in EC trying to unload them (which will mean you'll make less plat per hour than suggested).

Meanwhile all that time you spend running around doing the quest, and then all that time you'll spend waiting in EC, is time you're not spending getting XP. In other words, instead of just spending X hours and getting Y exp, you'll be spending X hours, getting 0 xp, and getting slightly better gear that will only let you level slightly faster. I highly doubt that "sightly faster" XP gain will make up for all the time you could have just been earning XP in the first place.

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-29-2014, 06:01 PM
If you just gradually level up, and have fun getting and making groups, and just doing basic exp stuff, by the time you get to levels where it matters, you will be able to afford a few nice pieces. By the time you hit 40 you should be doing fine. I would just play the game and let the plat come as you level.

Vladesch
10-30-2014, 12:42 AM
bandit sash quest of karana bandits/raiders is good xp at the right level and really good money. You need to be able to single pull from group. Not sure how well bards lull works at that.
Get a drum for the run to qeynos.

Bard is a moderate-tough class for a first character.

Samoht Farstrider
10-30-2014, 12:50 AM
Rabid wolves and bear quest in Qeynos. You get 2pp each time you do the quest. Then kill bandits for sashes and bronze weapons in WK.
Or get a magical weapon and 8 backpacks and head to Erud's Crossing. Save greater lightstones and turn in to Gypsy in NK or SRo for good xp and over 9pp each.

BarackObooma
10-30-2014, 02:58 PM
The rabid bear in Qeynos Hills that Samoht mentioned is excellent because you get get 2 plat plus a spell when you turn in it's hide. You can vendor the spell for another two plat. Even better, it seems to have a very high drop rate of grizzly bear skins (40-50pp each) and HQ bear skins (30-40pp each).

The two rabid wolves each drop a pelt for another 2pp each so each 6-10 minute respawn round you've gotten 8pp and a good chance at a high value pelt.

Jimjam
10-30-2014, 05:56 PM
How do you plan to save a lot of time with 1k?

GorrinBB
10-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the advice! I'm trying out Crushbone and Lfay sisters. So far so good

icegrillin
11-02-2014, 07:29 PM
You can turn in Bandit Sashes sashes from WK to Qeynos. Not only is it great exp but you can also make pretty good money not only selling the bronze weapons the bandits drop but for each turn in you get a bronze weapon you can sell to the vendor right next to you. Lvl 9-14

mr_jon3s
11-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I kind of hate when people tell you just lvl up and you can farm hill giants or seafury cyclops. You lvl up and go to those places and find 5+ other people pulling hill giants or seafuries. Blue server is packed to the gills every money camp is farmed unless you log on at like 3 am on a weekday.

Try red.