PDA

View Full Version : help with hotkeys

thaurn
10-27-2014, 11:21 PM
i hope this isnt a double post. the first one did not show up. Need some patient help with setting my spells up on a hot key. currently i have 3 moved to the window that has forage, spells etc. but cant find a way to put more spells there or on the next pages.

Whirled
10-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Did you left click & hold to drag them or just right click chose the option in the Action box (Ctrl + A)?

Samoht Farstrider
10-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Left click and hold the spell gem. Once you let go, the gem should be on your cursor and you can add it into your hotkey box.

Zombiehasslehoff
10-29-2014, 11:17 AM
You can also set your spells up with a macro. On the far right tab of your action box you'll find some macros that are already setup.
If you don't know how to set one up. Move to a new page and right click a empty box. Name it whatever you want, to just use a spell use "/cast 1", 1 being the spell slot you want to cast. To make things easier while medding put /stand on the first and /cast 1 on the second .
Once you have that set up you can use the left click and hold to put it in your hockey box.

thaurn
10-30-2014, 11:19 AM
that solved my original problem. Just wondering tho, is there a way to have more than 8 spells up. I play a druid and suspect ill have trouble with only 8 spell slots.

Whirled
10-30-2014, 11:56 AM
that solved my original problem. Just wondering tho, is there a way to have more than 8 spells up. I play a druid and suspect ill have trouble with only 8 spell slots.

Negative, I believe that was a AA ability at some point to get that extra spell gem slot. We're in the Kunark (pre-velious) time era atm. Just gotta be good with ctrl+ b or what ever variation of keys u make up for quick access.

Bboboo
10-30-2014, 01:02 PM

Nope, just get used to swapping spells in and out. Bind your spellbook and spell slots 1-8 to something convenient for you and it's fairly easy to swap in and out of different spells. You can even click on the spell in your spellbook then press the keybind for an empty spell slot to quickly mem the spell instead of dragging the spell over to the spellbar.

Arrow keys flip pages and I think there's a command to open to a certain page of your spellbook.

bulbousaur
10-30-2014, 03:28 PM
/book 3

Opens spellbook to page 3.

thaurn
10-30-2014, 07:44 PM
i was afraid of that. thank you all for the help. its appreciated