PDA

View Full Version : Necro Dots stacking

Whatley
10-23-2014, 08:08 PM
I am looking over my spell list and i was wondering if these dots stack together. For example will disease cloud stack with poison bolt etc. Just looking for an idea of what i can cast together etc

mishurza
10-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Darkness, Heatblood, poison, disease, and splurt should all stack. They did on live, though I've never played a necro on p99

Whatley
10-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Darkness, Heatblood, poison, disease, and splurt should all stack. They did on live, though I've never played a necro on p99

Thanks!

quido
10-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Dots of the same type should stack too.

mr_jon3s
10-23-2014, 09:47 PM

Thought they added that during velious.

Tann
10-23-2014, 10:14 PM
they current stack for shamans but i think that's it less a few item dots.

webrunner5
10-24-2014, 10:36 AM

What he says, but not others. You are not, on this server, just going to have 5 DoTs going at one time, like on live, trust me.

Uteunayr
10-24-2014, 12:32 PM
September 4, 2002 (PoP launched October 29, 2002) (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2002-2.html):

Damage Over Time (DoT) spells are spells that linger on the target
doing damage. Until today two different characters could not have the
same DoT spell on the same target. As long as one copy of the spell was
active any new version of the spell would not take hold. After today
the same DoT spell cast by different casters can affect the same target
at the same time. Also, if you cast a DoT spell on a target and you
already have that spell active on it, the spell will refresh. (Note: It
will not be possible to stack Lifeburn).

This does not allow for inferior spells to stack along with superior
spells. (Example: Two Necromancers can both land Boil Blood on the same
target. However, Heat Blood, being an inferior spell, will still not
stack.)

Several DoT spells that have debuff components such as Tuyen's Chant of
Frost and Breath of Ro will not stack due to the balance issues of
having several hundred points of Resistance debuffs on a single NPC.

Underlines were added. So, don't expect spells of the same name or of the same line to stack on a target within the Velious timeline. This was a late Luclin change.

You will still be able to cast multiple dots of different lines, as you can now. But multiple necros can't stack dots on a target until the end of Luclin.

If you are interested in what spells define each spell line, check out this section (http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdrix%27s_All_in_One_Necromancer_Strategy_Gui de#Understanding_Your_Dots) of my necromancer guide. It splits up the 7 different DoT lines necromancers have access too. But as stated by another person, don't expect to be using many DoTs simultaneously. It is too strenuous on your mana pool most of the time. Use the DoTs that are best suited for the situation you are in.

baalzy
10-24-2014, 01:39 PM

This is true for druids, not for necros.

Example:

Drones of Doom and Stinging Swarm will stack on a mob when cast by the same druid.

Ignite Blood and Heat Blood will not.

mr_jon3s
10-24-2014, 01:59 PM
This is true for druids, not for necros.

Example:

Drones of Doom and Stinging Swarm will stack on a mob when cast by the same druid.

Ignite Blood and Heat Blood will not.

How come stinging swarm and creeping crud doesnt stack? I cast stinging swarm then cast creeping crud and it said stinging swarm wore off as soon as crud landed.