PDA

View Full Version : Not for me.

ricquire
10-22-2014, 05:22 PM
I posted this in RNF because I believe censorship of opinion is an affront to freedom. I am not sure if this post will be left up but I think it deserves a place, and RNF would be that place.

I enjoyed my experiences on the server. I complimented the staff when it was due, and I criticized it equally when it fell below my expectations. I believe all players here have a right to expect a minimum level of service from this product.

I have moved on for one main reason however, which is the management of the server.

I still browse the forums and post when I feel I have something intelligent to contribute. I don't log in much but when I do I try to have fun. I sometimes catch bits and pieces of the livestreams. Lately, it has seemed like some of the management has criticized the playerbase as being the problem, and I can understand why.

I take this personally however since I am part of this playerbase.

Today I had two main posts running. One was a respectful open letter to the management on how to take criticism. The other was a petition for an item reimbursement (admittedly my fault). Both recieved rather cynical critical responses from CSR.

As you can see by this post and really any of my posts, I don't think the playerbase is completely to blame here.

It was an open letter to the dev team for red. That includes me.

In another thread he pointed out his overqualification to be a guide. And that he was not contacted.

Who is trolling who?

I could not make it through the mindless dribble of OP.

H

tldr - for those with short attention spans.

Make me a guide ....

xOxOxo

ricquire

In response to a petition pending reimbursement verified by Sirken.
Yet...you claim to have all the answers to the red server problems.

My response.
Your post embodies what I have tried to convey.

"I will give a player less service and/or make comments regarding your stance despite that fact that I am tasked to help solve payers problems."

Hypothetically when you go to a restaurant and complain about the food does that mean the servicemen has the right to disrespect you and criticize you for your comments about said food?

No. The manager should fix the situation and regard you as a customer with all due respect and consideration.

If i emailed one of my clients with comments resembling an insulting or cynical tone I would be fired, and I would expect it.

But here on r99, when I petition for something completely unrelated, you have no fear in posting a cynical critical remark at my (the "customers") expense.

Imago
10-22-2014, 05:30 PM
We aren't customers. We don't pay for the services we are enjoying. Thus, your argument is fundamentally flawed. They don't owe us anything, and will not miss any of us if that individual thinks they do.

/wave

ricquire
10-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Then you have resigned yourself to accepting mediocrity.

See my post on running a non-profit. Even in instances devoid of customer and profit, there is still a measure of acceptable and minimum standard to be upheld by the very virtue of "quality".

Because something is essentially free (although we do view advertisements by browsing the forums which is technically "cost") does not mean we should accept it by any means.

I really don't relish posting critical things like this. I am a remorseful (although not catholic level guiltful) person.

However, I think the masses are better of knowing such things, than them just being swept under the rug.

Eslade
10-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah I think you have the wrong idea about what's going on here.
A better analogy is that you're drunk and you complain about your designated driver's choice in music. He doesn't have to drive your ass around and you're more than welcome to get out.

Samoht
10-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Both recieved rather cynical critical responses from CSR.

At least it's not Uthgaard. That self-entitled prick was the worst at this.

ricquire
10-22-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah I think you have the wrong idea about what's going on here.
A better analogy is that you're drunk and you complain about your designated driver's choice in music. He doesn't have to drive your ass around and you're more than welcome to get out.

I definitely understand and acknowledge this viewpoint.

Would any organization take that stance openly to prospective customers though?

I imagine p99 staff would prefer to say they offer a great product, rather than post a giant EULA message when you log in that read "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T PLAY.". That would probably not adequately convey their mission statement and/or further their goals.

Haynar
10-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Sorry I offended you. Maybe you need a thicker skin.

H

ricquire
10-22-2014, 05:44 PM

H

Disappointment and offense are quite different.

HippoNipple
10-22-2014, 05:48 PM

H

Who said you offended anyone? I thought OP was just criticizing a couple of poor responses.

Haynar
10-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Disappointment and offense are quite different.
Well, sorry I didn't live up to your expectations. So glad I took the job working for your company.

Geesh.

H

ricquire
10-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Like I said, I don't know and have not previously corresponded with you. I am sure you are great. From what I have seen you are committed and interested and do great things.

This never directly had much to do with you until you engaged me. I realise your dev team, and what I am saying is a vague blanket accusation of the party which you belong to.

I like p99, I like the drama, I like most of it.

I can't indulge or recommend a product for 8 hours a day (which we all know is what EQ takes) where me as a consumer, customer, product, user, or whatever you want to term it, is not delivered at least a minimum standard of quality service.

Haynar
10-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Like I said, I don't know and have not previously corresponded with you. I am sure you are great. From what I have seen you are committed and interested and do great things.

This never directly had much to do with you until you engaged me. I realise your dev team, and what I am saying is a vague blanket accusation of the party which you belong to.

I like p99, I like the drama, I like most of it.

I can't indulge or recommend a product for 8 hours a day (which we all know is what EQ takes) where me as a consumer, customer, product, user, or whatever you want to term it, is not delivered at least a minimum standard of quality service.
I am an ass. I can take crap as well as I can give it.

You come off as all knowing, and have all the solutions to fix red.

However you have jack for red experience.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1443577&postcount=6

heartbrand
10-22-2014, 06:07 PM

Ricquire has been defeated by Haynar in PvP Rants and Flames

Fame
10-22-2014, 06:27 PM
How many pity parties are we gonna have for staff? I also don't think it's a playerbase problem. Most of those bad apples could be easily handled by even a butchered version of Agatha's solution. Yes, Agatha's solution.

Truth be told, you're all doing a excellent job on the p99 staff. I think if any of us really considered the true alternative we would find it within ourselves to admit that there will be problems and people will do their best to fix them. Perhaps we should try to be part of that effort instead of finger pointing and name calling.

I'm not sure if any of you sit on any petty boards or committees, but what we're going through right now happens all the time in small-time meetings. Some of us feel under appreciated so we will use passive aggressive tone counter to the subject at hand to draw attention to our own plight in hopes of group acknowledgement and a brief reprieve from the pressures that come from expecting results. It's more common than you would think in small communities.

What I would suggest is a few rounds of kumbaya, some pity, even if it's veiled and then a small break before continuing on with working towards a solution.

We're all human, and we all play Everquest.

Humbly,

Fame

Nirgon
10-22-2014, 06:40 PM
HAYNAR

I WANT THE CLASSIC FIXES

ON MY DESK

TOMORROW MORNING

OR YOU SIR

ARE OUTTA HERE

ricquire
10-22-2014, 06:46 PM

Five months ago is a long time for red 99. That was before I had an accurate accurate sample size of interaction with CSR staff. I probably enjoyed it then.

I'm glad somebody who spent six months on red, and offered help unconditionally prior to shit getting bad, means nothing to you.

You know I Think I am glad you didn't take a job with my company either. I may not of lost a $1 million client, but one of my associates losing any client is something I worry about, regardless of the size or scale.

Elderan
10-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Haynar is not the brightest guy around, I would just ignore him.

filthyphil
10-22-2014, 07:02 PM
sometimes when im alone I have sexual relations with myself

Doors
10-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Yeah I don't know how the playerbase is such a problem. GMs have all the power, if someone is really that much of a toxic fuck give them a ban for a few months, Rogean should back you up.

Fame
10-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Elderan that sig made me laugh, way to be a good sport pal.

ricquire
10-22-2014, 07:15 PM

Also, while personal attacks are on the table..

You come off as unprofessional. Ends justify all means for you.

You probably have never worked in sales on any meaningful level, and if you did it was unsuccessful.

The same is true for customer service. You aren't the face of anything professionally. You are in the back doing the heavy lifting, which can be admirable.

You have most likely never been burdened by the responsibility of, or to, a bottom line or a dead line.

I imagine you are a freelance programmer with a small portfolio of clients who don't seek well defined results.

You routinely use acronyms, slang, and programer lingo in order to make things seem overly complex, and often cite PICNIC or user error as the problem. The function or program works the way you built it, rather than the way the end user asked it to work.

The next time a client doesn't need any more projects handled, or doesn't call back, is because there was a lack of human decency and professionalism on the other end of the relationship.

Maybe I'm way off base, but I have seen a few episodes of Criminal Minds, figured I would try my luck at profiling you. I feel like it fits.

I can be an ass too. I just choose not to devolve to that level unless I have to.

Based on join date, I have been around only a few months less than you have- and that's just when I made this account so I could guide app. hmm.

How about Live? Wanna compare achievements?

How about the biggest one of which you mentioned. RED EXPERIENCE?

You played red? How much? Which toons? Which guilds? I am going to figure less than me in total hours, total levels, total characters, and total raids, in my 6 months.

Maybe developers and GMS are different but I didn't think you were allowed to play here, I bet I am wrong on that assumption though, since you are a Dev.

Maybe if you were playing here covertly, you had preferences for particular guilds? Seems like a conflict of interest. IDK. Better equip my tinfoil hat though starting to smell a little fishy.

Altogether sounds like you could potentially have JACK FOR RED EXPERIENCE.

Sorry I am getting a little rustled. It's one thing for a gentle insinuated insult, and a blatant call out insult.

Kergan
10-22-2014, 07:20 PM
I for one will be voting with my wallet.

ricquire
10-22-2014, 07:22 PM
If I was paid, I could put up with a lot of crap.

However ....

Just to recap BTW. This is how you stepped up to the plate. Work ethic up front.

Anyone else here want to tell that to someone they are accountable to outside of the internet?

Pikrib
10-22-2014, 07:57 PM

You probably have never worked in sales on any meaningful level, and if you did it was unsuccessful.

The same is true for customer service. You aren't the face of anything professionally. You are in the back doing the heavy lifting, which can be admirable.

You have most likely never been burdened by the responsibility of, or to, a bottom line or a dead line.

I imagine you are a freelance programmer with a small portfolio of clients who don't seek well defined results.

You routinely use acronyms, slang, and programer lingo in order to make things seem overly complex, and often cite PICNIC or user error as the problem. The function or program works the way you built it, rather than the way the end user asked it to work.

The next time a client doesn't need any more projects handled, or doesn't call back, is because there was a lack of human decency and professionalism on the other end of the relationship.

Maybe I'm way off base, but I have seen a few episodes of Criminal Minds, figured I would try my luck at profiling you. I feel like it fits.

I can be an ass too. I just choose not to devolve to that level unless I have to.

Based on join date, I have been around only a few months less than you have- and that's just when I made this account so I could guide app. hmm.

You played red? How much? Which toons? Which guilds? I am going to figure less than me in total hours, total levels, total characters, and total raids, in my 6 months.

Maybe developers and GMS are different but I didn't think you were allowed to play here, I bet I am wrong on that assumption though, since you are a Dev.

Maybe if you were playing here covertly, you had preferences for particular guilds? Seems like a conflict of interest. IDK. Better equip my tinfoil hat though starting to smell a little fishy.

Sorry I am getting a little rustled. It's one thing for a gentle insinuated insult, and a blatant call out insult.

Just to recap BTW. This is how you stepped up to the plate. Work ethic up front.

Anyone else here want to tell that to someone they are accountable to outside of the internet?

Hi, You sound like a entitled bitch. Haynar doesn't get paid to work on this project and He does a ton of work for this project. Go look at the pvp bug section.

Grow the fuck up and apologize to the man. Admit that you are wrong and also a piece of shit. Maybe he will take another look at your petition.

Sorry people who are rude to the staff piss me off, and Require you sir are a jackass.

Pikrib
10-22-2014, 08:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/egEHJrn.jpg

ricquire
10-22-2014, 08:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IH1f6PU.png (http://imgur.com/IH1f6PU)

All Right. I give up. No more free consulting.

I will say that everyone who plays here should feel entitled to acceptable customer service experience.

“You see, I have a policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it.”
― Taylor Mali

Haynar
10-22-2014, 08:29 PM
Haynar is not the brightest guy around, I would just ignore him.

I actually laughed out loud.

Thanks.

Peace.

H

Infectious
10-22-2014, 08:43 PM

You choose to play here fuck face. They aint selling you shit but instead wasting their time to give you something for free. He doesnt need to have worked in sales. Maybe a school aid breaking up 4th graders at recess would be better exp for what we got on R99.
In short fuck off. Like going to a damn soup kitchen and complaining there arent enough soup servers.

Swyft
10-22-2014, 08:49 PM
You choose to play here fuck face. They aint selling you shit but instead wasting their time to give you something for free. He doesnt need to have worked in sales. Maybe a school aid breaking up 4th graders at recess would be better exp for what we got on R99.
In short fuck off. Like going to a damn soup kitchen and complaining there arent enough soup servers.

So I guess those ads on the top of the forums are just for fun. Somebodies about to OD on cool-aid.

Infectious
10-22-2014, 08:52 PM
Game is free, bottom line. You arent forced to play and you can go play any other game. You think he shouldnt get donations and pay for both servers out of pocket for 1200 people?
Come with a decent argument or dont post at all.

ricquire
10-22-2014, 08:58 PM
Like going to a damn soup kitchen and complaining there arent enough soup servers.

I could not live with myself if I did not correct you.

There is a fundamental difference between your example and my argument.

Complaining about the lack of soup servers is excessive yes; however would you have the right to complain if the soup cook served dangerously uncooked chicken in the soup?

There is an expectation, an entitlement, of a minimum standard.

Eslade
10-22-2014, 09:01 PM
You're not going to get salmonella from not enforcing bans.

Swyft
10-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Game is free, bottom line. You arent forced to play and you can go play any other game. You think he shouldnt get donations and pay for both servers out of pocket for 1200 people?
Come with a decent argument or dont post at all.

Free lol you fucking tard that's like 4k+ monthly from ad's how the fuck is that free? No player's no wiki/forum clicks, no money, only a dumbass thinks they ain't making bank on this shit.

Infectious
10-22-2014, 09:04 PM
I could not live with myself if I did not correct you.

There is a fundamental difference between your example and my argument.

Complaining about the lack of soup servers is excessive yes; however would you have the right to complain if the soup cook served dangerously uncooked chicken in the soup?

There is an expectation, an entitlement, of a minimum standard.

You serious? I wouldnt go there. Your not forced to go there. There isnt an argument here. If you paid for this service you have an argument. When the service is free, you pursued this free service and then complain that this free service isnt up to your standards. You dont have an argument.

Infectious
10-22-2014, 09:07 PM
Free lol you fucking tard that's like 4k+ monthly from ad's how the fuck is that free? No player's no wiki/forum clicks, no money, only a dumbass thinks they ain't making bank on this shit.

Thats his business. You arent charged a dime to play this shit. You arent forced to play this game? What else you need to be told. Deep down your jealous and this isnt about any bullshit your typing about har, deru and the other gms.

Swyft
10-22-2014, 09:09 PM
You serious? I wouldnt go there. Your not forced to go there. There isnt an argument here. If you paid for this service you have an argument. When the service is free, you pursued this free service and then complain that this free service isnt up to your standards. You dont have an argument.

Everytime I come to forums CHA-CHING just clicked again CHA-CHING, hold up another click CHA-CHING, all day long.

Now tell me again how my time doesn't =they're money I like hearing dumbshit from dumb people.

daasgoot
10-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Everytime I come to forums CHA-CHING just clicked again CHA-CHING, hold up another click CHA-CHING, all day long.

Now tell me again how my time doesn't =they're money I like hearing dumbshit from dumb people.

+1 if staff wouldn't give a fuck if swyft left the server and never came back.

Swyft
10-22-2014, 09:18 PM
+1 if staff wouldn't give a fuck if swyft left the server and never came back.

I don't think the staff gives a fuck about anyone on red to be quite honest. You included. I like allot of the staff tho, especially when Sirken trolls you cave dwelling fucks.

Nirgon
10-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Elderan still enduring a deep rustle from Haynar

Circumcision
10-22-2014, 09:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BZ3jq.gif

Smedy
10-23-2014, 02:14 AM

In my experience the less "professional" costumer care the better they are, sony's original costumer care was completely retarded, and it was like talking to a drone. I want non of that, the only thing i'd like to see change from the CSR side is a more open cards approach where people being banned for hidious crimes are outed to the community.

HappyTr33z
10-23-2014, 04:13 AM
Toastin in a troll bread

Jib
10-23-2014, 09:01 AM
A+ thread Ricquire.

problem is you lost when you tried to use logic with the retards in this community

Eslade
10-23-2014, 09:12 AM
A+ thread Ricquire.

problem is you lost when you tried to use logic with the retards in this community

Doesn't matter how much logic you use if you're wrong in the first place.

Jib
10-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Doesn't matter how much logic you use if you're wrong in the first place.

opinions arent right or wrong you dumb moran.

Pikrib
10-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Complaining about something that he gets for free is just dumb.

If he doesn't like this free game he doesn't have to play.

/thread

Eslade
10-23-2014, 09:31 AM
A+ thread Ricquire.

How can you lose if there's no right or wrong?
What happened to you jib?

Swyft
10-23-2014, 09:33 AM
opinions arent right or wrong you dumb moran.

In my opinion he's right you are a dumb moran. But Eslade doesn't have opinions just excuses to suck someone's dick.

Eslade
10-23-2014, 09:36 AM
In my opinion he's right you are a dumb moran. But Eslade doesn't have opinions just excuses to suck someone's dick.

Who's dick am I sucking? The devs? I have almost zero interaction with them because I follow the rules.

How's holocaust working out for you BTW?

Faggot

Jib
10-23-2014, 09:44 AM
What happened to you jib?

my old guild leader started rmt'ing raid loots. shortly after my pals turned a blind eye for the hope they may one day get the pixels they are after. This has caused me to become insane and kill anybody I see in a blinding rage.

Elspeth
10-23-2014, 09:51 AM
http://lonelyconservative.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Eslade
10-23-2014, 09:53 AM
my old guild leader started rmt'ing raid loots. shortly after my pals turned a blind eye for the hope they may one day get the pixels they are after. This has caused me to become insane and kill anybody I see in a blinding rage.

As an independent contractor I have to ask,

http://i.imgur.com/mIGcGUkh.jpg

Jib
10-23-2014, 10:01 AM
yeah i got prof

http://puu.sh/cnn8p/5fc63d1acd.jpg

you got prof?

Eslade
10-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Damn, you're refining the shit out of that metal.

Swyft
10-23-2014, 10:03 AM
Who's dick am I sucking? The devs? I have almost zero interaction with them because I follow the rules.

How's holocaust working out for you BTW?

Faggot

You'll suck any dick that's put infront of you. LOL am I in Holo? Or is that just what I want you to believe. Your mind is simple, like a lemming point you in one direction and you'll just follow along, thx for doing all the work for me buddy Eslade my favorite unwitting pawn.

Eslade
10-23-2014, 10:06 AM
You'll suck any dick that's put infront of you. LOL am I in Holo? Or is that just what I want you to believe. Your mind is simple, like a lemming point you in one direction and you'll just follow along, thx for doing all the work for me buddy Eslade my favorite unwitting pawn.

Love you too buddy.

Swyft
10-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Love you too buddy.

No thank you!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/58ecca9eda02594110ff00f7fb4f99db/tumblr_mfjovg4rem1r2042io1_400.gif

Gnomegrown
10-23-2014, 12:56 PM
yeah i got prof

http://puu.sh/cnn8p/5fc63d1acd.jpg

you got prof?

Husbandry 0

should go work on that, and get a job

Mac Drettj
10-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Husbandry 0

Rofl

Kergan
10-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Husbandry 0

loool

Fame
10-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Husbandry 0

LOL

Sapphiay
10-23-2014, 06:53 PM
When i played Rust with some friends from forces we were on several private server from people started the server there with their buddies and made gm at the same time. That is the background of "If you don`t like the game just quit here."
Lite rmting is to be heard very loudly here and from closest inner circle as eyewitness and it gets totally ignored by staff. In Rust it always ended up for us quitting this server.
I heard they earn more than enough money here with this server from people donating. They just don't admit it so they can play this game further on with no service and deciding all without real rules or changing rules. If people dont fit here they can wait for weeks for an answer.
Join us in archage. And to the other don't believe everthing you read. I can see Rallyd just online in Archage in the guildroaster.

Technique
10-23-2014, 10:09 PM
I can see Rallyd just online in Archage in the guildroaster.With Heartbrand gone, Nizzar just had to put someone in the oven.

Buhbuh
10-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Almost all of Force in Holocaust. In the process of petitionquesting a new rule to eliminate PvP via zone wide DTs to everything for a player attacking another.

Working on Brea and Kilkur, and Brobb and Sektor will stay in ole Azrael forever. Paragon of loyalty, those two.

Then we will do the Force chant without them.

Fame
10-24-2014, 01:22 PM
When i played Rust with some friends from forces we were on several private server from people started the server there with their buddies and made gm at the same time. That is the background of "If you don`t like the game just quit here."
Lite rmting is to be heard very loudly here and from closest inner circle as eyewitness and it gets totally ignored by staff. In Rust it always ended up for us quitting this server.
I heard they earn more than enough money here with this server from people donating. They just don't admit it so they can play this game further on with no service and deciding all without real rules or changing rules. If people dont fit here they can wait for weeks for an answer.
Join us in archage. And to the other don't believe everthing you read. I can see Rallyd just online in Archage in the guildroaster.

What the fuck did I just read?