PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Hifi/Speaker

Sebekkha
10-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Hey people, im looking at buying a Wireless HIFI speaker.

Im useless with this kinda stuff, so would like suggestions.

I'm currently looking at the Sonos Play 1

http://brain-images.cdn.dixons.com/1/9/21748991/l_21748991_001.jpg

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio/hi-fi-speaker-docks/hi-fi-systems/sonos-play-1-wireless-multi-room-speaker-black-21748991-pdt.html

This is about the top end of my price range.

Does anyone have one of these? Id like to know if the bass quality is good?

Also, I play my music primarily though youtube only on browser from my laptop in my house, Does this work? i saw that it needs to be run through a Sonos App?

Basically i want a good sounding wireless speaker which will play Anything from Everquest sounds, to music on youtube, obvious not simultaneously, and also play stuff from my phone if i wanted to.

Any assistance would be great, or suggestions of other products!

Zadrian
10-22-2014, 09:08 AM
This was told to me by a professional musician, "Don't fuck with that wireless bullshit..."

He continued to say that you will never get the sound quality that you would with a properly wired system.

Tupakk
10-22-2014, 09:15 AM
This was told to me by a professional musician, "Don't fuck with that wireless bullshit..."

He continued to say that you will never get the sound quality that you would with a properly wired system.

It is true the quality isnt there yet for the price they are putting on wireless stuff. However if you are not a audiophile then you wont care so much.

Sonos is good but for a 169GPB I would go with the Bose Soundlink.

Sebekkha
10-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the reply , that's interesting. But the portability isn't there with a wired product , I want it quite high and out of pulling reach from my two year old son who tends to take a liking to electrical items !

Sebekkha
10-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Oh wow I was looking for primarily bose , I didn't see that one , im not sure my laptop has blue tooth though ? Or is a blue tooth connector plugged in via usb ?

Thulack
10-22-2014, 09:39 AM
Yes you can buy a bluetooth USB adapter.

Zadrian
10-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Bluetooth is a wireless connection.. Most modern laptops and smart phones have blue tooth.

If you're just looking for something to carry around with you check this article:

http://www.cnet.com/pictures/best-portable-mini-bluetooth-speakers-pictures/

I thought you were trying to put a sound system around your home, for some reason =p

Sebekkha
10-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Well it is for my home , but I want to be able to move it around the house or keep it up high away from my toddler on a shelf or something but still have a decent sound quality , I listen to anything from house music to pink floyd !

Zadrian
10-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Well it is for my home , but I want to be able to move it around the house or keep it up high away from my toddler on a shelf or something but still have a decent sound quality , I listen to anything from house music to pink floyd !

Like I said, check the article above - if any speakers interest you, go onto youtube and find a review for that particular model. It should help you decide.