PDA

View Full Version : New warrior

Teadar
10-21-2014, 02:47 PM
Heym guys,

I plan to make a warrior twink but i have no real clue which race is the best pick / which Diety to Chose ( Velious ) and where to put the Most points in stats wise ...

Which are good weapons for the Start ? 2x lam....Shimmering Partisan ? Fist of zek ?
wurmslayer ? Jade mace ?

Any suggestions ?

Whirled
10-21-2014, 03:03 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Warrior

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sakuragi%27s_Warrior_Guide
read all guides you can find.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Guide_for_Frustrated_Warriors

imo,play what makes you happy

Peekae
10-22-2014, 04:08 AM
Play whichever race you like best, however, big races / dwarf will be sightly favorable early game stat wise before you get decent gear.

Ogre is probably the best min max race due to frontal stun (think bash) immunity however pick what you like best IMO.

Weapon wise just pick the best dps you can afford until you hit 40 or so then look to some decent proccing weapons for aggro purposes.

captnamazing
11-06-2014, 05:44 PM
if you're looking for min/max, go ogre and put 20 pts into dex and then 5 into agi (or STA). If you're just wanting to roll around and have fun, pick any race you want! It really won't make a big difference. Even if you raid tank, you can tank as whatever race you are.

Elves get hide, which is useful. Halflings are the best for levelling/parties, but not many people want to play a halfling warrior.

As for your starting weps, I'd go with 2x lammy for good DPS/stat combo. Once you get higher level, mainhand a ykesha weapon and offhand a lammy.

Most importantly, make friends and have fun!

baalzy
11-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Ogre with 25 starting dex.

Halfling is a solid choice if you don't want to go Large / Evil race, losing bash sucks but Sneak is a super useful racial. Lets you bank/shop in places that are Dubious safely and with proper caution you can do it in places that would normally be KoS too (also lets you do quests).

If money isn't much of a problem then I'd get a Lammy, Jade Mace and sebilite croaking dirk for 1handers. Nathsar Great sword, Poison Wind censer, Staff of Battle & Axe of Lost Souls. You'll probably want a good weight reducing bag for all this.

Use the 1handers till level 20 (then put em on occasionally to keep skills up). Use the Nathsar / Wind Censer from 20 to 30. Use the SoB & Axe from 30 - 40.

If money is a bit more tight, get cheaper things like jarsath trident, green jade broadsword, cane of the tranquil. Still get a SoB though as it'll be your best DPS weapon 30+ without spending a bunch of money.

At 40 get some Yak weapons and use those when tanking. SoB / Axe for DPS if grouped with a knight.

khanable
11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
Iksar.

All stamina.

Something cheap until 20, staff of battle until Yak's proc. Lammies are fine. Jade mace is fine. You can't really go wrong TBH unless you get like a shimmering partisan or something awful.

kaev
11-07-2014, 02:25 AM
Human if you want to be cooler than the munchkins. Or Half-Elf if you want to look sharper than all the poseurs.

Seriously,Filbus has it right, and Cucs is a fine advocate for the Iksar. but..

Human if you want to be cooler than the munchkins. Or Half-Elf if you want to look sharper than all the poseurs.

Buriedpast
11-07-2014, 03:42 AM
Easily best race is gnome. With an axe.

Or ogre with all points in charisma for higher chance of DI success if you intend to be one of p1999's 5-6 main teir 1 tanks

Snagglepuss
11-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Rallos Zek is the obvious diety to follow and the human cultural armor looks great. In addition, you will have a faction advantage with Kael.

baalzy
11-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Rallos Zek is the obvious diety to follow and the human cultural armor looks great. In addition, you will have a faction advantage with Kael.

Not bad stats too , especially if you go Barb. Lets you catch up significantly to the innate str/sta of an ogre. It's also one of the cheaper culturals cause it uses jades instead of something like BDs.

I have a Rallos Zek wood elf warrior, tho I recently stripped it cause i have no plans of leveling warrior any time soon. Shame, since I put the time into getting it jboots already lol.

captnamazing
11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
I regret, for eternity, choosing Agnostic over Rallos Zek!

kaev
11-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Not bad stats too , especially if you go Barb. Lets you catch up significantly to the innate str/sta of an ogre. It's also one of the cheaper culturals cause it uses jades instead of something like BDs.

I have a Rallos Zek wood elf warrior, tho I recently stripped it cause i have no plans of leveling warrior any time soon. Shame, since I put the time into getting it jboots already lol.

Yeah, I have a human cultural smith, even cheaper if you can do it yourself. Made a Barb Warrior, then remade as Wood-Elf because they look sharper and it's just an alt so looks are 99% of it.

I regret, for eternity, choosing Agnostic over Rallos Zek!
Never regret! Besides, you're a sweet lil haffer, why would you want to worship a jerk like Rallos?

Kostou
11-08-2014, 04:13 PM
I quested for a full set of crafted and used X2 Lamy action. Was able to solo as an ogre warrior , and still do at 45 in lower guk if I have to, granted it has been ungodly slow.

captnamazing
11-08-2014, 07:56 PM
I quested for a full set of crafted and used X2 Lamy action. Was able to solo as an ogre warrior , and still do at 45 in lower guk if I have to, granted it has been ungodly slow.
did you have a haste item?

Kostou
11-08-2014, 09:03 PM
I would borrow an fbss off and on but currently do not. The haste was very nice but not a necessity.