PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mudskipper Monks

Ryujee
09-09-2010, 05:30 AM
the piranhas in Nektulos forest, as well as Chomper in Rivervale have followed me on to dry land on multiple occasions. It's oddly reminiscent...of EQ2.

every time this happens i imagine a mud-skipper wearing a full set of Wu's just beating the hell out of me as he hops and tail rakes me (and you thought only iksar monks got that).

Secrets
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
the piranhas in Nektulos forest, as well as Chomper in Rivervale have followed me on to dry land on multiple occasions. It's oddly reminiscent...of EQ2.

every time this happens i imagine a mud-skipper wearing a full set of Wu's just beating the hell out of me as he hops and tail rakes me (and you thought only iksar monks got that).

Correct me if i'm wrong, but NPCs going out of water was classic.

NPCs would not *aggro* from water though. I'll forward that onto our dev team.

Ryujee
09-18-2010, 02:23 PM
you are partially correct. if the mob was capable of land movement it would, those who weren't would not. Blackburrow is the best example i have to offer on this.

If you engaged the gnoll brewer and ran in water he would follow you. if you engaged a gnoll underwater after it kills someone it would follow you to land. the sharptooth frenzy, or whatever the piranhas are called, would only agro in water and stay in water.

as you mentioned, the 2 enviroments were agro-exclusive of each other, also they would act as a line sight for each other. couldn't nuke water mob from land, or shoot an arrow into a land mob from water. etc etc