PDA

View Full Version : New paladin here (and new player in general) with a question.

Talon
10-19-2014, 04:04 PM
I've saved up quite a few Crushbone belts. Should I try selling them all to maybe get enough plat to get some armor upgrades (banded armor?) or should I just turn in for exp? Will it be difficult for me to find armor off of mobs in the future? I'm level 6 at the moment.

Jimjam
10-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Neither. Fill your bank with centi belts and lego pads until you have out-levelled crushbone. That will be the best time to hand them in imho. If you hand them in at too low a level you won't get the max amount of xp from them.

Hunting will provide cloth/raw hide/ringmail/bronze armor as you progress thru crushbone, then unrest and mistmoore. Going by my own experiences, reds/yellows won't care about your AC and blues/greens will struggle against even cloth/leather at these levels. Its almost as if there is a hidden cap on your worn AC as you level up.

As such you'll find 100pp spent on a decent weapon gives a much better return than purchasing banded armor. After this player made HP rings are good at low levels to help you survive panic situations.

Nagash
10-20-2014, 12:47 PM
Keep them for xp, if you need money, just follow the guide http://wiki.project1999.com/Ultimate_Leveling_While_Making_Money_Guide

Estu
10-20-2014, 04:11 PM
If I were you, I'd sell them to buy gear. A good weapon, 5 AC / 55 HP rings, and banded armor are all solid choices. Pretty much anything you buy in EC is going to vastly outdo anything you can loot in EXP groups for a long time.

kaev
10-21-2014, 10:20 AM
If I were you, I'd sell them to buy gear. A good weapon, 5 AC / 55 HP rings, and banded armor are all solid choices. Pretty much anything you buy in EC is going to vastly outdo anything you can loot in EXP groups for a long time.
^^ seriously this ^^

That bit of low level xp matters only to people obsessed with it, let them give you some of their shiny platinum pieces for it so you can upgrade your gear.