PDA

View Full Version : Hail! And Well Met!

ssj_dutch
10-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Hi everyone. I'm excited to finally be playing Project 1999. I just started on the regular, blue server as a Halfling Druid named Gorwimp a week or so ago. I'm really enjoying the community and almost everyone I've met in-game has been kind and courteous.

My cousin, who plays a Gnome Enchanter finally convinced me to get back into EQ and I'm glad to say that I'm now among those playing EverQuest the way it was best. I've been playing EQ along with my aforementioned cousin and my younger brother since I was in my early teens back in late 1999.

I have always played a Dark Elf Shadowknight and originally played on the Innoruuk server as Utaedar and was a member of the now gone The Renegades. I have fond memories of raiding old school Plane of Hate, grouping in SolB, and especially raiding Plane of Growth in Velious. I restarted on the Combine years later as another DE SK, this time named after that nostalgic set of SK armor Noctivigant (spelled incorrectly and something that was eventually changed to the correct spelling of Noctivagant). I spent most of my time as Noctivigant as a raider in In Via Damnum and then Alliance of Hope after our merger. We were raiding UF, HoT, VoA, RoF, and CotF. I finally stopped playing live about a year ago due to real life.

I've really been enjoying playing p99 so far, a lot of this is nostalgia but a decent bit of it is the magic of the difficulty and magic of classic EQ. As I'm typing this my brother is working through his first couple of levels as a newly created Gnome Magician named Mambres.

I'm stopping myself due to the length of this post, thanks for reading if you made it this far.

TLDR; I sincerely look forward to playing with you fine folks.

utenan
10-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Welcome aboard! Always nice to see new people finding this wonderful server

Pyrocat
10-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Glad you're enjoying it! Druid/Mage can be a good combo if you guys keep near each other in levels.

ssj_dutch
10-25-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm wondering why I can't send PMs on the boards. I've been trying to get in touch with a Dev or GM to get an IP exception. For some reason I don't have an option to send PMs to anyone.

GorrinBB
10-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Look me up when you're on man! I just started this week. Been spending more time in the (freaking awesome btw) P99 wiki than anything, learning (and relearning) the ins and outs, nuances etc of "classic EQ". My bard is Gorrinson, currently fresh into level 8 and now in Gfay hoping to blast through s some Crushbone later tonight!

Hope to see you ingame!

Pyrocat
10-31-2014, 03:08 AM
I'm wondering why I can't send PMs on the boards. I've been trying to get in touch with a Dev or GM to get an IP exception. For some reason I don't have an option to send PMs to anyone.

Post a thread in the petition forum. Don't PM devs/GMs. There might be a minimum post count before you get access to PMs.

Griffy
10-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Welcome !