PDA

View Full Version : Best buff bot duo?

salsamanzana
10-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Ayyyoo, my friend and I are thinking of rolling two alts that are mostly buff bots, but wondering which combos have the best luck at stacking buffs, rather that just kind of overlapping and cancelling each other out. Thoughts?

Kritimus
10-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Shaman / chanter

Whatley
10-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Shaman / chanter

How does something like a bard/druid stack with each other? I think of those two as the buff bots of the game, but im not sure if they work against or with each other.

Whatley
10-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Shaman / chanter

Or how about the sham and druid, do their buffs stack with each other?

Korben
10-16-2014, 09:19 AM
How does something like a bard/druid stack with each other? I think of those two as the buff bots of the game, but im not sure if they work against or with each other.

Druid gets a HP buff, but no symbol. Bard gets heal over time and haste attack resist buffs.

Honestly Shaman + Enchanter is really potent, almost 0 overlap (maybe the chanter AC buff but that's so minor the shamans is better)...

Shaman gives HP buff that stacks with everything but caster self only buffs, STA STR AGI DEX, Regen, and on top of that gets a resist buff to all resists, though I do not think they are the highest resist buff, but then again they can buff any resist. Not to mention avatar.

Chanter has less total buffs but the potency is top notch. Obviously Clarity is second to none, they also have the strongest haste, brilliance, and even rune if you are going over the top. GMR is also awesome.

I guess you could argue cleric to replace either chanter or shaman but their buffs are specifically HP focused mostly.

Korben
10-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Or how about the sham and druid, do their buffs stack with each other?

The only benefit from stacking is Talisman will stack with Druid skin, but you're sacrificing the best haste out there, plus clarity.

Overlapping sow, regen, think shaman STR is always superior as well. Overlapping resist buffs as well, think they're equal and druid has less in general.

falkun
10-16-2014, 10:25 AM
What do you mean by buff bot? Bard songs last 18 seconds and there's no /melody here. Difficult to bot, impossible to buff someone else and log back to another character.

However, bards duo nicely with just about any other class. But if you are restricting them to buffing, you aren't using the bard to its full potential and you should consider another class for the duo.