PDA

View Full Version : greater lightstones

Charak
10-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Is there a market for greater lightstones or should I just get my 9pp for selling the book

Izzni
10-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Is there a market for greater lightstones or should I just get my 9pp for selling the book

Sell the book imo. Only in the opengl days did folks need a latern.

Charak
10-13-2014, 06:20 PM
thanks

Jimjam
10-14-2014, 01:58 AM
So many decent kunark weapons exist on the server no one cares about getting some wu's fighting gloves at 20pp for magic fist attacks.

Kender
10-14-2014, 03:58 PM
cant make wu's any more till velious. the stones are actually really good xp for low levels

Jimjam
10-15-2014, 05:25 AM
I'm sure gauntlets were a pre-velious item, released some time during kunark?

Either way, yes GLS are good xp as well as good money. I recommend wasting any wisp you walk past up until twenty atleast :D

Kender
10-16-2014, 04:14 PM
wu's armour was added as part of the velious update to tradeskills

Captiv8
10-16-2014, 04:45 PM
wu's armour was added as part of the velious update to tradeskills

yes but i believe the guantlets were added in Kunark and the rest in Velious

Danth
10-16-2014, 04:45 PM
I think the Wu's gloves existed sooner than the rest of the set. Moot point though since monks on P1999 never seem to use their fists. As such the best use for Greater Lightstones seems to be turning them in for 9PP per.

Danth

Zliz
10-20-2014, 03:21 AM
There is a market, but the going rate is 10pp. You're better off turning them in yourself for nice XP (it's noticable even at level 20) and getting the ~9pp vendor book.

SCB
10-23-2014, 08:31 PM
If you're good aligned, turn them in at the dark elves in oasis for the free DE faction hits. Comes in handy.

Charak
10-24-2014, 08:48 AM
I ended up turning them in for the book. Farmed the gls for four levels and had about 40 of them. The experience brought me up another level and a half, which I didn't expect. Turning so many in the middle of Nk was also kind of thrilling being so low in level. I got stomped by a hill giant twice

webrunner5
10-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I think on P1999 Wu's gear is a total waste of time on here. AC in my opinion is broken on here until like level 45ish. By then Wu's is pretty much useless. So although I guess it is a pretty good skill up to make the stuff, total fail in my mind on here. :o

baalzy
10-24-2014, 01:33 PM
I think on P1999 Wu's gear is a total waste of time on here. AC in my opinion is broken on here until like level 45ish.

Not sure about monk, but on my recently created red necro I notice'd a HUGE difference at level 16 just casting Spirit Armor (16ac buff) in my damage mitigation.

It could just be that the mitigation curve is extremely steep based on level so you cap out with relatively crappy gear at low levels and it takes until the later levels when you catch up to the curve and fall behind it in your crap gear.

Jimjam
10-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Ah, well Baalzy, there are lots of AC caps. First cap is on your worn AC. Next is on worn AC + spell AC added together.

IIRC on Live if you had a lot of AC agility would have a diminished effect... No one suspected it, but one day a live dev was talking about how AC had changed as Eq got older. Perhaps that even explains why AGI was reputed to have such a tiny increment of benefit; People who were interested in parsing AGI/avoidance were tanks, so were capped out on AC meaning they only benefited from 90 agi insead of the full value?

Velerin
10-24-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm pretty sure AC helps at low levels although the level of the mob makes a huge difference. My lvl 30 shammy I've focused on ac/hp and low blues (~25) don't even outdamage his regen, yet add a couple levels to the mob (28-29) and they tear right thru it. Its definitely not linear.

Jimjam
10-25-2014, 03:13 AM
AC does help loads at low levels, the thing is at, say 20, even in little more than cloth you have enough AC to mitigate blues fine, but yellows and reds will plough through you no matter how much AC you have.

Assuming n points of AC counter n points of attack, it seems there is a level based AC cap of n, where n is the attack value of a white con mob.

At level 20 you should really need more than a mix of cloth and tattered armor to mitigate blues. I suggest both mob attack values and the level based AC caps are too low.

Sadly I have nothing to evidence this as I ran no parses back during kunark or now on the effects of AC for low levels. Ah well, c'est la vie.