PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried EQ on Steam? =/

Amra65
10-13-2014, 02:25 AM
Noticed it will install into my steam folder and not my Sony folder so thought I would give it a try with Lucca while we wait on a petition. Figured if it was fun then why not have the best of both worlds so to speak...

Irregardless I would love any and all feedback from any folks that may have already gave it a go and tested the waters. Think I don't need to worry about "it suxx" or "its mad hype" on this forum?;)

My biggest gripe would be any pay features that give the player any kind of upper hand.
My hope is that immersion stuff has not been removed as I love to RP lightly all the time. From what I find most of it is still present but I ALWAYS hear about how this game was ruined with watered down content and a flood of expansions made for money etc, etc...

2:30am and I am bored... Humor me. Thx 4 reading! =3

Thulack
10-13-2014, 08:43 AM
There is a cash store that you can buy Xp potions etc. So yes it is part Pay to Win now. And you still have to pay monthly to get full access to the game.

Zadrian
10-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Don't do it. It is a garbage bin. Plat no longer holds any importance. You get these loyalty points that you can buy plat with. Inflation has skyrocketed. You get "costumes" where you make one item look like a completely different item.

It's a fucking bullshit cesspool. I would rather be in the middle of a petition fest pre-rotation than play live.

Amra65
10-13-2014, 02:28 PM
Thats so sad to hear... Although it does sound good for this server since the more HC playerbase will likely find their way here. I rarely hear valid complaints regarding project 1999. Heck one kid was so happy to hear about this that he gave me a ps2 online router thingy for nothing. And this was at a Gamestop so I MUST have done something right.

Anyway thanks! I guess in the meantime we will find something to do. Just got a pc engine and Neo-Geo X (haters gonna hate) So I am hardly dying of boredom here. =3

Plus I am taking time to meet folks here. I don't use forums often since... (Drumroll) I talk allot! =O

Thanks though I was gonna DL it today but imma pass... It'd just make me feel dirty now. I honestly just wanted to be a Froglok. lol

FoxxHound
10-13-2014, 02:38 PM
I tried me some EQ2. It's meh
The amount of pay to win is pretty disgusting. Guessing it's the same for EQ1

Jimjam
10-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Wait, is steam EQ different to EQ live?

/em confused.

Thulack
10-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Wait, is steam EQ different to EQ live?

/em confused.

No. You can just get the client from steam since its free to play now.

Amra65
10-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Okay now I am a little confused lol! Thulak bringing the knowledge bombs! R u just saying you can get the same game from multiple sources or there is ANOTHER EQ standalone server thats corporate? Assuming the 1st option of course.

I am REALLY miffed that "pay 2 win" happened seeing as I love the effort they went to in order to immerse you into the world. I mean without our imagination these games just turn into grinding which to me is just working. But on the same token being able to skip the hard work and just BE epic or leet, whtvr you wanna call it... It defeats the purpose and ruins the illusion. PLUS if you pay to win you basically beat the game AND are denied any and all bragging rights.

This was SO much better than playing it myself and finding out the hard way. I mean who would clean up all that rage induced vomit?! WHO I ASK!?

Oleris
10-13-2014, 05:14 PM
I was 4x boxing when they gave away free 85's with AA's. The biggest issue that I had with live was that there were too many zones to learn, gear was confusing and there were too many AA abilities that I had never used

Laugher
10-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Played a bit of live in the last year and must say the whole merc thing is killing it, it's difficult (impossible almost within the f2p or Silver status AA cap) to get around in regular zones for your level 70+ without a journeyman merc (which you need gold status to even hire)

It's alright if ur still wanting to pay 15 a month, but mercenaries and all is meh, would recommend here more than a Sony server for a more "authentic" eq experience

Tann
10-13-2014, 05:37 PM
play on test, all xpacs and gold status for free, just have to deal with a completely broken economy

Pringles
10-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Irregardless

One of my favorite words that people say :)

Zadrian
10-13-2014, 07:48 PM
play on test, all xpacs and gold status for free, just have to deal with a completely broken economy

No worries, the economy is broken throughout the entire game.

Skittlez
10-13-2014, 11:13 PM
One of my favorite words that people say :)

IT'S NOT A FUCKING WORD, GOD DAMMIT!

Amra65
10-14-2014, 12:03 AM
Lol how is "irregardless" not a word? I said it! You all saw me... I done did it! =P

Naw srsly though. Anyone ever get the "DB Error - Invalid Password" at the launcher login screen? Talking project 1999 now! This is semi related if only cause I am doing everything to avoid Lucca wandering over to the "pay to win" mess from her apparent frustration lol. I have tried logging her in via the lappy she will be using AND via my own desktop but it gives her the same error on both machines? Also I can login fine on either the lappy or desktop but only did once for like 30 seconds today, to try to reach the character creation screen that she cannot get to. I ask you guys to avoid bugging the mods since I already just did my petition lol. I just read all the info here and am basically terrified of that version of EQ as it sounds like it may ruin it for me!! Plus I really prefer the old character skins as petty as that may be.

I Just want to play a game I have been trying to get into since I was a kid!

(Whats with the "irregardless thing btw lol?)

Jimjam
10-14-2014, 02:05 AM
Irregardless... I think you'll find the correct term is 'Disunirregardlessfully'.

You mean 'Regardless', ie without regard. or 'Irrespective', without respective.

Adding the prefix 'Ir' changes the word regardless to mean 'without no regard', which sounds bad ass and gangster, but doesn't really make any sense.

Inexplicably people seem really anal about the word 'irregardless'.

Amra65
10-14-2014, 03:36 AM
Perfect response Jimjam lol. Actually a tad interesting 2. Despite that I actually managed to fix my problem! So now I am back to waiting but I don't even care. I am thrilled it's fixed. And go figure I found it finally via google and the answer came from Eunomia from here on the forums! Amazing community!

Needed this little victory so much! Yay!

Thulack
10-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Okay now I am a little confused lol! Thulak bringing the knowledge bombs! R u just saying you can get the same game from multiple sources or there is ANOTHER EQ standalone server thats corporate? Assuming the 1st option of course.

I am REALLY miffed that "pay 2 win" happened seeing as I love the effort they went to in order to immerse you into the world. I mean without our imagination these games just turn into grinding which to me is just working. But on the same token being able to skip the hard work and just BE epic or leet, whtvr you wanna call it... It defeats the purpose and ruins the illusion. PLUS if you pay to win you basically beat the game AND are denied any and all bragging rights.

This was SO much better than playing it myself and finding out the hard way. I mean who would clean up all that rage induced vomit?! WHO I ASK!?

Same Game. Multiple sources. You can download EQ from steam but its the same copy your going to be getting when you goto Sony website Unless steam is selling xpacs cheaper then what sony is. But for the actual game client without buying anything its all the same.