PDA

View Full Version : New to p1999

Jeisenne
10-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Hello all!

I used to play an enchanter on the Innoruuk server back from Jan 2000 to June 2004 named Jeisenne. Everything was moved to the Veeshan (now Luclin server) in 2005 when I gave my account to my husband (part of our divorce, I'm not kidding), and then last October after nearly 9 years of WoW, I got burned out and came back. Mostly out of nostalgia, but I really just wanted to hang out in Kelethin.

I play actively on Luclin as a magician and an SK, but it's missing that magic.

So here I am.

Hello :) Happy to be here. Noob days all over again!

TKoji
10-13-2014, 04:06 AM
Welcome back!

Shoog
10-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the server!

Wildir
10-13-2014, 11:53 PM
Welcome Jeisenne,

Did that divorce happen to be with Nomercy? If so, it is great to see you again. Please PM me and we will catch up.

Goodluck,
Wildir

Jeisenne
10-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Holy shit, Wild!

Yes, and then we reconciled. Crazy world. Remember House? He's getting married in a couple of weeks.

In EQ live we're on Luclin now, because it's where all the Veeshan characters moved to. Nomercy moved my girls there and last year I fired up the account after 9 years of WoW and burnout.

I had always wondered about you. I even tried finding you online, but to no avail.

Can you believe we met in 1996 on AoL? Crazy times.

Send me a message, we have so much catching up to do.

StormseekerV
10-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Glad to see you back. Guess we got nostalgic around the same time since I just started a bit before you.

Ahh good memories.

Griffy
10-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Welcome Jeisenne :)

Jeisenne
10-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Hi Griffy, thanks :)

Solerak, the nostalgia has come and gone over the years in waves, but I wasn't ready to come back. I'd heard about p1999 when it started, and I almost went for it, but I couldn't. Lots of bad memories on our server, enough to keep me shying away. I'm over it though. It just took a little bit more time. A year on EQ live made me miss old EQ more, and that's when I knew it was time.

Having a blast here, found some old friends, made new ones. Leveling as a DE is really a new challenge, since I'd always picked a neutral race and class, and illusions helped me get everywhere and anywhere I needed to go. Now I have to be wary. It's all good though.

StormseekerV
10-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Dear god Jeisenne ... The more I think about it the more I remember stuff from 15 years ago.

As such, I actually remember when you starting using that animated gif in your signature. You've been using that same image for almost 15 years I would say :)

Jeisenne
10-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Dear god Jeisenne ... The more I think about it the more I remember stuff from 15 years ago.

As such, I actually remember when you starting using that animated gif in your signature. You've been using that same image for almost 15 years I would say :)

Solerak, I'm in the same boat as you. Weird thing is a lot of those memories that made EQ so bad for me don't bug me as much anymore, and the good ones are coming through. Nostalgia, like time, can be quite the healer.

Your memory serves you correctly :) The only difference is I coloured her hair purple, to match the purple hues in my own hair at the time. Now I left it green, because it's closer to the grey that's peppering my darker locks. Being a moderator for Innoruuk.com (I still keep in close contact with Denross and Blutwulf through Facebook) and my Lum Happy Tushy Dancing girl have been some of my best memories of EQ outside of the game and I'm very glad that I experienced it all. It's shaped who I've become and was a hell of a learning experience.

Looking back I was so trusting and naive, I make myself cringe. But I guess that's the difference between looking back at somebody who was in their 20s vs. in their 40s. Then me would have driven current me crazy. I was so hyper.

15 years. FIFTEEN. Crazy how time works itself out. I'm glad you're here because your name is associated with some of my better memories in game - raids in The Hole where I was a guest enchanter, raids in PoF and PoH, we did a PoSky raid once and it could have ended badly but it didn't, and you were there to cheer me on as I did the final turn in for my Staff of the Serpent. Those are the kinds of things that made this game so special to so many people.

I'm grateful to the developers of p1999 and the community for keeping that ideal alive.

kennymack007
10-22-2014, 05:00 AM
if you believe that history repeats itself....
Then one day the MMO industry will pull it's head out of it's ass and make something as good as Original EQ.

Until then we got p99. I came here for a little dose of nostalgia, but it has been almost 2 months and I feel like I'm just warming up.

StormseekerV
10-22-2014, 09:11 AM
Time flies.

It's weird. I got into EQ while I was on hiatus from college for about 2 years. I was 20 years old and pretty foolish as a young adult. Back then it felt like you had all the time in the world.

Now i'm 35. My wife in pregnant with my first kid. I work full time and go to University part time. Weird how life changed so much in the last 15 years. Guess this is why it's nice to still have something from a time way back when gaming was so different.

As such, I know I used to do AoE farming in Chardok with a Chanter and Wizard. We're you the enchanter with us? Can't remember anymore.

I also remember camping Nagafen's cave for 56 hours straight (dear god we stayed up for 56 hours straight !!!!) with Dystopia for his epic quest. There was 3 or 4 of us and I can't remember who it was anymore. I just remember slightly hallucinating by the end from lack of sleep. :)

Honeyblunts
10-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I wish I had memories and friends :( I give you a friendship offering

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3115102.ece/alternates/s2197/Melting-Butter-on-Whole-Wheat-Toast.jpg

Jeisenne
10-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Time flies.

It's weird. I got into EQ while I was on hiatus from college for about 2 years. I was 20 years old and pretty foolish as a young adult. Back then it felt like you had all the time in the world.

Now i'm 35. My wife in pregnant with my first kid. I work full time and go to University part time. Weird how life changed so much in the last 15 years. Guess this is why it's nice to still have something from a time way back when gaming was so different.

As such, I know I used to do AoE farming in Chardok with a Chanter and Wizard. We're you the enchanter with us? Can't remember anymore.

I also remember camping Nagafen's cave for 56 hours straight (dear god we stayed up for 56 hours straight !!!!) with Dystopia for his epic quest. There was 3 or 4 of us and I can't remember who it was anymore. I just remember slightly hallucinating by the end from lack of sleep. :)

Yes, that was me :) I was the enchanter, Occocius might have been the wiz. I usually did AoE groups with either Occocius or Uvavu as the wizzies. I'm still in touch briefly with Uvavu. He lives in the UK so we're on different timelines, but social media has been good about allowing us to poke in and say hi at times.

You know, when we did Dyst's Ragefire camp, I'd only known him for about a week by that point. We met in Old Seb and I was LFG and he was drunk and needed an enchanter for 4R but nobody was there except me, and I was a level or two lower than what he wanted. He took me anyway, and we had a great group without any wipes. The next week he asked if I wanted to hang out, and I'd never seen a cleric epic fight before, so I went along not knowing what I was getting into. I was all of 56 by then? And I stayed up for the whole thing (crazy, I love Dyst but I couldn't do that again haha) and he was all, "Yeah you're cool, we're BFFs now" and to this day he and I still keep in touch. I've visited him in AZ, he's visited us in SoCal, he's met my family, and we're in each other's business on Facebook all the time and it wouldn't have happened if not for that one drunken night in Seb.

Jeisenne
10-22-2014, 02:31 PM
I wish I had memories and friends :( I give you a friendship offering

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article3115102.ece/alternates/s2197/Melting-Butter-on-Whole-Wheat-Toast.jpg

You know my heart. Toast and butter! Let's be friends :) Then we can make memories!

Whatley
10-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Hello all!

I used to play an enchanter on the Innoruuk server back from Jan 2000 to June 2004 named Jeisenne. Everything was moved to the Veeshan (now Luclin server) in 2005 when I gave my account to my husband (part of our divorce, I'm not kidding), and then last October after nearly 9 years of WoW, I got burned out and came back. Mostly out of nostalgia, but I really just wanted to hang out in Kelethin.

I play actively on Luclin as a magician and an SK, but it's missing that magic.

So here I am.

Hello :) Happy to be here. Noob days all over again!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/b2/b29a147b4515923581dd08d42cf460ad25097c36b3e27c2c62 6476f0851066ed.jpg

Jeisenne
10-22-2014, 03:08 PM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/80c013b1b580042bd599d82817c15902/tumblr_mkphq7AHMu1qdiygzo4_250.gif

Dystopia
10-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the help with Ragfire yawl! ;)

Sidelle
10-22-2014, 04:09 PM
I gave my account to my husband (part of our divorce, I'm not kidding)
LOL! My husband better not get any ideas about custody of my p99 account in our divorce. :D

Welcome to the server.

rsloans84
10-22-2014, 07:34 PM
welcome to the server jeis

Jeisenne
10-22-2014, 08:30 PM
LOL! My husband better not get any ideas about custody of my p99 account in our divorce. :D

Welcome to the server.

LOL, I know! It was one of the things I let him have just to keep things semi civil. We got back together a few years later and now we play together. We're all good, just had to pull our heads out of our butts, be apart for awhile, and figure things out.

But if we divorce again, he can kiss my butt if he thinks he'll get my accounts in the aftermath. He can suck it at that point :P

Jeisenne
10-22-2014, 08:31 PM
welcome to the server jeis

AWWW YISSS BEBEH

Jeisenne
10-24-2014, 06:29 PM

Daddyo, ANYTIME. I'd do it again too, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to do 50+ hours of no sleep. I'm old, yo. I bet I smell of Geritol. You'll have to tell me the next time we hang!

StormseekerV
10-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Dear God, Dystopia is here too ... Hrmm ... is this like bloody mary and if I call out peoples name they appear? Let's give it a try !!!

Lhile - Xaria - Mitsumi - Safyre - Gemmel - Solonaro - Maikeruu

Ok so some of the brain juices from 15 years ago are flowing ... lets see if more comes back with time. :)

Jeisenne
10-25-2014, 09:34 PM
I linked it to Dyst, but yes, it's like Beetlejuice. Say the name 3 times!

Solonaro is a friend of mine on FB. Xaria used to be but one day she dropped me, and I'm pretty sure it was because of politics and how she and I are on opposite sides (I don't care, but apparently I'm evil because of beliefs). But she's still on Dyst's list I think. Can't help with the rest though :(

Solonaro is doing really well. Married with kids. We met a long time ago when he was in my city, so it's good to see him doing well :)

DOPE
10-26-2014, 08:56 AM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/9dad98f037192c8a21ceecbc5fff6b78/tumblr_n79vd3ZSdD1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Relbaic
10-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Hey Jeis, been awhile :). I'll find you sometime in game!

Jeisenne
10-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Hey Jeis, been awhile :). I'll find you sometime in game!

OMG Relbaic! How are you? Still playing a human? :)

Relbaic
10-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Iksar Shadowknight! Been on here since July 2013!

Byel
10-26-2014, 12:58 PM
Wait...after all the begging I've done on facebook you didn't tell me you were returning!?

I better see you in game soon! Will nomerc be playing also?

StormseekerV
10-26-2014, 02:25 PM
I guess it's my own fault. I played EQ for 2 years and made alot of decent friends but my life was in a bad place at that time. A friend of mine convinced me I needed to cut all ties with this game and get my life back on track. He was right about getting my life on track and I understand I needed to drop it all ... I unfortunately got so addicted to EQ that its all I did for a while.

I guess now that I'm a bit wiser (and alot older) I can control these addictions and I'm better able to prioritize my life.

Side note, didnt Xaria's son also play EQ ... his name was Balandrus I think.

StormseekerV
10-26-2014, 02:32 PM

Wow I missed some posts on the way in this thread.

No problem Dyst. I think it was one of the first or even the first we ever got in Final Covenant back in the days. It was a fun experience. Got us chatting alot while we constantly cleared Fire Giants from the room.

Sometimes we had a full team and sometimes it was just 3 or 4 of us trying to keep it cleared.

I also remember by the time the quest mob popped, we though it was just some other guy there to help us clear the room. Probably took us 3-4 minutes before we realized "Hey who's that guy over there and why is he just starring at us?" and that he was the quest mob.

Jeisenne
10-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Wait...after all the begging I've done on facebook you didn't tell me you were returning!?

I better see you in game soon! Will nomerc be playing also?

Byel!!! OMG!!!

He's back as well. But this time he's a bard :)

Message me! ADD ME ON FB! :P

Jeisenne
11-10-2014, 04:10 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/9dad98f037192c8a21ceecbc5fff6b78/tumblr_n79vd3ZSdD1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Stack, I owe you a burrito from a taqueria the next time I'm up in LA!

Troubled
11-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Dear God, Dystopia is here too ... Hrmm ... is this like bloody mary and if I call out peoples name they appear? Let's give it a try !!!

Lhile - Xaria - Mitsumi - Safyre - Gemmel - Solonaro - Maikeruu

Ok so some of the brain juices from 15 years ago are flowing ... lets see if more comes back with time. :)

Maikeruu was a cool dude.

DarkwingDuck
11-14-2014, 05:38 AM
Did anyone else notice that the Dysteria character in this mini drama just made his account and his first post was in this thread after they were talking about him?
Coincidence or imposter?

Jeisenne
12-01-2014, 02:34 AM
Dyst quit EQ again, so he wasn't active here on the forums. But I poke him with a stick from afar and he sometimes shows up just to poke me back. He's my brother from another mother that way.

Savok
12-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Ain't no party like an Innoruuk party!

Sylexis
12-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Woot! More Innoruuk people!