PDA

View Full Version : dsetup.dll connection issue

donniesmithers
10-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Greetings, all. I'm sure there are many posts from folks having the same issue I'm having, but I have been unsuccessful so far in finding a fix.

I've managed to install Titanium (several times from the same ISO files, I might add) successfully, and I even connected to the character creation screen successfully a couple of times earlier this morning to be greeted with the message 'your spells are out of date. please visit the project 1999 site for updates', or something to that effect.

I have attempted multiple times to extract the V33 patch updates (most recent to my knowledge) into my EQ folder, but each time I do this, the dsetup.dll file disappears immediately after being moved in. I turned off Comodo and Malwarebytes, and added exceptions for both the Everquest folder, and the folder which contains the titanium ISO files. Despite all this, now I cannot even run the Launch Titanium.bat file without getting the dsetup.dll error message.

I should also note that I have followed the connection guide as precisely as I could. Any fix would be greatly appreciated, as I'm looking to get into Norrath asap!

Bboboo
10-08-2014, 08:22 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68457

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157294

Also try running as admin.

A side note, it isn't the 90's anymore, you don't need anti virus software.

Whatley
10-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Greetings, all. I'm sure there are many posts from folks having the same issue I'm having, but I have been unsuccessful so far in finding a fix.

I've managed to install Titanium (several times from the same ISO files, I might add) successfully, and I even connected to the character creation screen successfully a couple of times earlier this morning to be greeted with the message 'your spells are out of date. please visit the project 1999 site for updates', or something to that effect.

I have attempted multiple times to extract the V33 patch updates (most recent to my knowledge) into my EQ folder, but each time I do this, the dsetup.dll file disappears immediately after being moved in. I turned off Comodo and Malwarebytes, and added exceptions for both the Everquest folder, and the folder which contains the titanium ISO files. Despite all this, now I cannot even run the Launch Titanium.bat file without getting the dsetup.dll error message.

I should also note that I have followed the connection guide as precisely as I could. Any fix would be greatly appreciated, as I'm looking to get into Norrath asap!

i know i had to manually go in an create an exception for EQ. It only took two minutes to do, see if you can figure out how to do that with your anti virus.

Hobie819
10-08-2014, 11:47 PM

Given that you've already made exceptions, try downloading the patch file to a CD since it cannot be simply erased from the CD by your antivirus. From there you may be able to work the issues out with the file itself. Im thinking your antivirus is catching the file as it is being installed which is why the exceptions isn't working.

Derubael
10-09-2014, 12:30 AM
I would also make sure that you installed p99 outside of c:\program files\ or c:\program files(x86)\ if you're running vista or later. Either install to c:\everquest or turn off UAC.

Even if this isn't the root problem, installing to program files with UAC turned on will prevent you from taking screenshots, running a log file, and a host of other weird quirks and annoyances.

phacemeltar
10-09-2014, 12:47 AM
A side note, it isn't the 90's anymore, you don't need anti virus software.

i lol'd, love the 90s!

donniesmithers
10-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks for your assistance, everyone!

Now that I have the server up and running, I plan to begin playing my High Elf Enchanter right away. For anyone who may be leveling up a new character and is interested in grouping, feel free to send Telarian a tell on the Blue server =D