PDA

View Full Version : Brand new to this

DarkKuro
10-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Hey, this is my first time playing everquest, well, I played the free trial a ways back where you can go up to like level 12 or so in the mines of gloomingdeep but other than that I am completely new to this game! Just wanted to see if anyone who's low level wants to get together and help each other out or if any experienced players want to help.

I am an enchanter currently stationed in Erudin and am completely lost on what I should be doing. I am level 4 currently and have just been grinding in Toxxulia forest.

My characters name is DarkKuro so if you're interested just hit me up either here or in game!

TKoji
10-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Welcome to P99 :) As the Warrens haven't been implemented yet, Toxx is a bit dead right now. There are xping options at the Kerra Island off of Toxx. It is a decent sized outdoor dungeon and I think the mobs inside start around level 13 or so.

If you are up for a challenge you can also xp on the Erud's Crossing island which you reach via boat from Qeynos. (So ride the boat from Erudian to Qeynos then back towards Eurdian and hop off at the isle) It starts at about level 10/11 for wisps. They are socialable and do swarm if not careful. Save the greater lightstones for money making opportunities later. To find other players to hang with you might want to make your way to Qeynos, Gfay or the Commons.

If you need a port out of Toxxulia please send me a tell - Xadriana.

Clark
10-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the server. I'd suggest finding a port to East Commonlands/Freeport area. That way you can use the city there for training and spells, and also get lots of buffs to level faster at the tunnel. Folks also hand out free items and spell money sometimes.

Stormlight
10-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Welcome!

If you're looking to group, getting off of Odus is the way to go. I suspect many druids and wizards would be willing to pick you up and port you to a busier area for free if you tell them you're new. If I'm on, I'll be happy to.

As for what you should be doing, that's completely up to you. Many people focus primarily on hunting for experience, but regardless of what you're doing, if you're having fun, you're doing it right. ;)

DarkKuro
10-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Alright, thanks. I just decided to focus on my bard instead which I just got caught up with my enchanter and I guess i'll head over to Eastern commonlands as soon as I can. Is level 4 really high enough to handle that area though? I just don't want to get dropped in a location that I could possibly get stuck at because the difficulty is too high.

Right now i'm just interested in hunting for exp, grouping and maybe any quests if I can qualify for it. I just want to get my character leveled up a bit and geared up which seems like it will take awhile due to how slow I am leveling as is.

Jimjam
10-10-2014, 02:59 AM
/who all druid
/who all wizard

Ask one mid level plus for a ride from Erudin for Freeport. Explain you have no eq experience before and the forums advised heading for Freeport or Faydark. You'll find way more players your level here.

Also ask for a bind in a close city so if you die you aren't sent all the way back to erudin. The person that ports you should be able to do this too.

Stormlight
10-10-2014, 08:03 AM
East Commonlands is very low, right next to 2 newbie areas, so you shouldn't have any problems there. As Jimjam said, you will want a bind, probably in or near Freeport.

Kich867
10-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Alright, thanks. I just decided to focus on my bard instead which I just got caught up with my enchanter and I guess i'll head over to Eastern commonlands as soon as I can. Is level 4 really high enough to handle that area though? I just don't want to get dropped in a location that I could possibly get stuck at because the difficulty is too high.

Right now i'm just interested in hunting for exp, grouping and maybe any quests if I can qualify for it. I just want to get my character leveled up a bit and geared up which seems like it will take awhile due to how slow I am leveling as is.

Personally, I'd require Greater Faydark. The general path I take with most characters is:

1-3 Greater Faydark Newb Area / Butcherblock Mountain Newb Area (preferably BBM)
3-6 Greater Faydark Orc Hill
6-8 Crushbone Entrance or Slaver Hut
8-11 Crushbone Wall or Taskmaster
11-16 Unrest
16+ Wherever, you can stay in Unrest for a really long time if you'd like and it has bonus XP. But hopefully this gives you a decent idea of what's up.

I really, really don't like East Commonlands because there's no level 3 mobs. There's level 1-2 mobs, and then there are Bears. Bears are great experience but they range from like 4-6 and the level 4's felt rare.

The experience (to me) was very slow, but it's also a zone I don't tend to level in anyways so maybe there are spots I don't know about. I had to get to level 5 with my human necromancer off level 2 mobs and the occasional bears that spawned near the inn in EC.

Compared to the Gfay area which has 2-3 amazing EXP quests. In the Kaladim (dwarf city) paladin guild you can hand 4 bone chips in (unstacked) to Gunlok Jure. Hunting in the area yields a -ton- of bone chips and the hand ins accelate you quite well.

Then hunting on Orc Hill and Crushbone yields Crushbone Belts, which can be handed in to the Kaladim warrior guild for great experience all the way up to 12+ or so.