PDA

View Full Version : Returning player but still kind of noob

Magustine
10-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Hey everyone, I used to play Everquest back from Kunark up to a little bit of Planes of Power. I really didn't know what I was doing for most of the game to be honest, the highest I ever got was to like level 40. I'm looking to come back because no mmo really gives me the feeling that everquest did back in the day, and I'd like to see some of the content I never really got to see when I first played, but I have a couple of questions before I start out.

I'm more inclined to try the pvp server than pve, but I'm wondering how leveling is going to be there? Is there enough of a player base that I'll be able to find other people to group with as I level? I'm very rusty and don't remember much about eq so just wondering if I'm asking to get stomped and then camped by rolling there. Just wondering what the general feeling towards new people coming in is as well. I remember the old eq community was much better than I've seen in any other mmo but you never know.

The funnest thing for me back in the day was finding random people to group with and do stuff out in the world, so just wondering if I would be better off rolling pve. Also, are there any classes that people would say are more needed or wanted than others, or does it not really matter? Thanks in advance :).

Arkaan
10-05-2014, 02:27 PM
EQ PVP is no place for a noob. The game wasn't designed for PvP and as a result PvP is pretty unbalanced and unfair. If you do decide to give it a go, find some friends ASAP. But be prepared. The only thing you will get it grief. That and the population on red is pretty low. That can either be a boon or curse depending on how you look at it. On the one hand there will not be very many potential allies, on the other there will not be many potential threats.

All in all I would simply advise not to play PvP.

Magustine
10-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Thanks, that gives me a pretty good idea what to expect on pvp then, so I'll be rolling pve instead. Appreciate the answer :)

Genedin
10-05-2014, 05:35 PM
S

Genedin
10-05-2014, 05:38 PM
P