PDA

View Full Version : Time it takes to level?

Topgunben
10-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Howdy Questers,

I was curious to know if anyone has put together a spreadsheet or graphed how many mobs one must kill to get to the next level? Or the time it takes to go from one level to the next.

I only ask because I want to make sure I am not beating my head against a rock trying to level the wrong way. I currently have a level 17 iksar necro and it seems like it's going to take 4 hours to level him.

Open and general feedback would be much appreciated.

Kealenfists
10-04-2014, 01:16 AM
While I am sure somewhere out there someone has amassed the data you're looking for I have not seen it. I can tell you that EQ is a grind alone and was designed that way. Plus you have chosen a race/class combo that has a pair or experience penalties. In general terms you're best leveling is going to be any steady, efficient stream with a balance between killing mobs that are high enough to get solid experience but not taking too much down time.

Also, in not so many levels, 4 hours will seem like a drop in the water for a level.

Wenuven
10-04-2014, 03:21 AM
http://rantsandflames.com/xpcalc.php

From my own personal anecdote, I averaged a level about every 2-3 hours from 17-50, sometimes faster in the right spot and sometimes slower. In the 50's it slowed down dramatically.

As an Iksar Necro you have some additional exp penalty to contend with, but I suspect you should land pretty close to the same benchmark in the right solo spots.

buffmagnum
10-04-2014, 05:31 AM
I am 40 Iksar NEC ATM...Phry. I am in OT doing braid quest til I am not KOS then BW giant fort I hope. If you go from Cabilis in LOIO toward the lake and keep right you will see the last square ruins(iksar). Head west to the edge of the zone and keep going south til you see the round ruins (explorers). Stay right up there and kill the undead by fear kiting, you should be able to get 18 in 2 hours maybe 3. Keep FD up and don't die. I seemed to have good luck there as know and then for buffs in ooc, plenty of druids will sow in the way to and from fort FV. Windmill would be tough but try it if you want.

littlebobby3
10-04-2014, 06:05 AM
I'm a gnome necro and the grind from 53-54 took about 8+ hours I was killing nobles in HHK so the exp was really good.

Now that I'm 54 (double hell lvl) it slowed down dramatically, 2-3 dark blue per 1%. And it will only get worse once I get to 55+

But don't let this stop you, it's not a race to get to lvl 60 tons of people can get 59-60 in like a week. Others like myself once I reach that point will take a whole lot longer.
It's not a race but when you go out to lvl be prepared to hunker down for a few hours for a lvl or 2.

Bboboo
10-04-2014, 07:51 AM
http://rantsandflames.com/xpcalc.php

From my own personal anecdote, I averaged a level about every 2-3 hours from 17-50, sometimes faster in the right spot and sometimes slower. In the 50's it slowed down dramatically.

As an Iksar Necro you have some additional exp penalty to contend with, but I suspect you should land pretty close to the same benchmark in the right solo spots.

This was about the same for me as a twinked out Iksar Monk that solo'd most of 20-48

Kreylyn
10-04-2014, 08:27 AM
I've loosely tracked it.

For non hell levels and normal experience expect approximately 100 kills at 1% per at a decent experience point grouped, or 50 kills solo. If your killing solo and not getting at least 2 blue ticks/marks on your experience bar, then your not in the best spot per say. Then again, speed of kills is the primary factor because if you can kill 3 at 1% faster than 1 mob at 2% before your moving on, your obviously making more EXP in the time played with the easier mobs.

If your playing a race/class that has an exp modifier, then you need to factor that into your % vs time invested. Meaning if you need 64% more exp to lv due to your class/race combo, then your going to need to kill 164 mobs instead of 100... and so on.

Hell lvs will add about 80% most of the time in additional kills needed for that lv.

So... really for me it comes down to "How long does it take to kill 100 mobs?" Are you camping a point that will allow you to keep killing as fast as possible, or are you waiting on spawns? The more time you spend waiting, finding, pulling... the more time it takes over all. :)

This is why for me it's almost always a chain pulling group in a high spawn area that makes out the best exp. If you can find a group that has a puller who isn't waiting for the mob to die before bring in the next, and cutting down the wait for the kills... then your going to see the best exp. Killing the mob really fast doesn't help if your waiting 2-4 mins between pulls before you can get the next one dead. :)

Krey

Estu
10-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Four hours per level is pretty reasonable at 17. Make sure you start charming instead of dotting once you are able to charm undead; you'll EXP a lot faster since you'll spend a lot less mana per kill.

Mockba1980
10-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Four hours per level is pretty reasonable at 17. Make sure you start charming instead of dotting once you are able to charm undead; you'll EXP a lot faster since you'll spend a lot less mana per kill.

100% agree.

Necro is like good wine ! When you will reach level 20, with Charm undead (100mana per cast) & Allure of Death (lich) you will feel the difference.

NB: remember to break your pet before your target die to get full xp (if your pet outdps you, xp will be only 50% instead of full)

Gaffin 7.0
10-04-2014, 12:07 PM
another reason blue is awful, unemployed to even get to raid lvl