PDA

View Full Version : I wanna buy my first Baitcasting Rod

Skittlez
10-03-2014, 03:21 AM
I've always used spinning rods to fish with and I tried out an acquaintance's and just fell in love with how far I could cast out.

Anyone have some suggestions as to what would be a good combo for my first casting rod? The 4 ponds I fish usually have a nice amount of 5-6 lb largemouth's and my spinners just can't reach to where I need to be casting. I want these big ass bass.

Gaffin 7.0
10-03-2014, 10:06 AM
can never go wrong with a ambassador for reliability and fair price or quantum they make decent baitcasters over the years now, i currently use one along with my shimano for 2 diff baits

shimano prob by far my most favorite for smoothness and overall durability

learning to throw them is the most tedious part about a baitcaster, your thumb needs to ride the spool everytime you throw it for less backlash

Skittlez
10-04-2014, 11:05 PM
can never go wrong with a ambassador for reliability and fair price or quantum they make decent baitcasters over the years now, i currently use one along with my shimano for 2 diff baits

shimano prob by far my most favorite for smoothness and overall durability

learning to throw them is the most tedious part about a baitcaster, your thumb needs to ride the spool everytime you throw it for less backlash

yeah it was a bit tough to get it down at first.

I was just thinking about getting a BassPro baitcast reel. I have seen a few around the $40-60 dollar range. I'm really only wanting to spend about $100 on rod n' reel. Either of those brands have affordable reels?