PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with some questions

rotenvok
10-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Hello all, im an old player of EQ, I'm from Spain.

I started this game when Ruins of Kunark were in the game magazines.

I saw those evil Iksars in the magazine and I said to myself "wow, I want play one of them" (then later discovered trolls ingame and they become my favourite race)

I was a player of Solusek Ro, with a big amount of spanish players and guilds.

I have a few questions:

Where is located the server? (surely USA) żDo you know euro players with ping problems?

Which were the solo classes in classic EQ? I only remember necro. Was shaman good soloer? im thinking about making a troll shaman.

Thank you and greetings.

Whirled
10-01-2014, 10:24 AM
Hello & welcome!

If you have not already perused: http://wiki.project1999.com/
The wiki will answer a great many questions you ask here as will the large # of knowledgeable players. There are Euro-time zone guilds & players so you should have no trouble finding players to group up or a guild to call EQhome.

Yes, necromancers & shamans are both very solo capable.

Hope you have a great experience, play whatever race/class combo that you really want & always have fun.

Estu
10-01-2014, 01:30 PM
The server is in the USA. I believe it's on the east coast. I know that there are a lot of Euro players on the server; I'm not sure how their ping is.

Solo classes, for 1-60 EXPing, are as follows (ranked from fastest to slowest, assuming you start from scratch). Take this with a grain of salt but I'm pretty confident in this ranking.
1) Bard (AoE kiting is faster than any other solo method. You need good ping for this, though.)
2) Enchanter/Necromancer/Druid (charming)
3) Magician/Wizard (magician solos pretty well with pet assuming you're smart about avoiding the EXP penalty; wizard solos pretty well with quadding but is slow before they can start quadding in the 20s)
4) Shaman (starts off very slow, gets better at higher levels. Very capable soloer in the 50s once they get their epic)
5) Monk
6) SK
7) other

Solo classes, for level 60 money farming, are:
1) Enchanter/shaman (enchanter probably better in Kunark, shaman maybe better in Velious)
2) Necro
3) other

bigsykedaddy
10-03-2014, 12:16 AM
If you like Trolls and soloing then Troll Shaman is an amazing choice. They are very good at soloing.

Llodd
10-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Dirty Euro here (uk)

I usually get 100 - 160 ping. Averaging around 120 I'd guess.

Totally fine playing here.

Smyd
10-03-2014, 05:43 AM
I'm playing from South Africa and my ping doesn't exceed 200... don't even feel it, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.