PDA

View Full Version : New player and loving it! (Happy newb story)

Ellisandra
09-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Hello P1999!

I used to play back in the day, left mid-kunark. Get clued in to P1999 during a board evening looking at livestreams. Spent MUCH longer than I'd like to admit trying to get the proper version of EQ installed on my weeny little laptop. But eventually I got it all up and running and logged in!

Started with a rogue, poked around for a bit (hah. puns.) then rolled up a cleric, got some folks killed in Crushbone, but good times. Back before I quit EQ I had started a warrior and got her to, I don't know, mid 30s maybe? So I decided to roll me a warrior. Halfling, of course, the correct short person race (gnomes need not apply.)

Right off the bat someone was nice enough to port me to butcherblock so I could level in the Kaladim newbie area. I sold weapon and cloth armor while I murdered skeletons for their chips and goblin whelps for their booze. (They're so mean, they kept calling me ugly :( ) I kept grinding away there until I hit level 7, then packed up all my bonechips and got a port to the EC tunnel to try to sell the off and get something less cracked and rusted.

No one would take my money. People kept giving me stuff! It was surreal. I got a bunch of really amazing weapons, some fancy armor pieces, it was awesome! AND someone bought my bonechips! (I'm already such a productive member of this community hah!)

I got back to Gfay and that weekend I got to play deal or no deal with Montyhall and got a fancy earring to go with my other awesome goodies. So I wrecked up orcs in front of CB for a while, while trying to get someone to sell me small bronze armor so I could be even more amazing.

Someone clued me in that small bronze drops in Mistmoore, so I stripped naked, banked all my goodies, and jogged over there to try to buy the pieces. Again, people just gave it to me! So awesome!

So now I'm level 11 (almost 12) still wrecking up orcs, selling their belts, and saving up my plat so I can buy some better armor! I remember seeing people starting to get cobalt armor before I dropped and I loved the color so much. Also with any luck I'll have enough coinage soon to pick up a hero bracer or a piece of crafted armor!

Anyway, just wanted to say this server is really great and I hope to stick around for a long time getting beat up for people! If you see me in Gfay or out in the world, give me a wave, I'm always down meet new folks!

-Ellisandra

edit:
Update!
So I dinged to 13 and got dual wield and realized, you know, I hadn't been building my one hand slash at all (whups.) So I started doing that, but it was boring and tedious and I got frustrated. But I was able to find someone super awesome that sold me a pair of rings that give me 5ac and 55hp each! How does a ring give 5AC anyway? Is it just like a really humongous diamond? But anyway, did I mention they're wedding rings? I think, so I got double married when he sold them to me, he seems nice. Doesn't call much.

Trekked my way to Unrest. Someone was getting power leveled so there wasn't much to kill. I did, however, find out that those bugs group aggro from really. really. really far away. I assume they have great cell phone coverage or something but I wasn't able to loot a phone off one. Some big druid buffed me crazy and I was able to wreck stuff up a bit before I had to pop out. When I came back some awesome shaman healed me up and just threw more money at me! Ridiculous!
And then I was able to get into MY FIRST REAL GROUP! They made me pull which was fun. We wrecked up bugs and zombies and pumpkin guys and only one person died and it was totally not really 100% my fault. I was with them for about an hour and leveled up and it was super fun and I'm hoping to get my feet back out there soon to group some more! :D

Shoog
10-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Good tale! Welcome to the server!

beev
10-01-2014, 01:14 PM
Ellisandra, I have a similar story to yours. Played a monk back before Kunark even came out in original EQ. Was mid 30's and then quit because my PC couldn't handle Kunark. Fast forward to 2012 and I created a druid on P99 to level 35, quit for whatever dumb reason and now I'm back again and addicted. My druid is 40 and I rolled a Monk yesterday who is at 5.

Anyways, I'm going to do some gnoll fang quests to power level my monk up to around 20 in the next week so maybe we can group sometime. In the meantime, I would be happy to buff you with my druid and port ya around so just look my name up - "Beev" is my druid. "Nucksn" is my monk.. /friend me and send me a tell sometime.

Meanbunny
10-01-2014, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the Server Ellisandra! My sister Betsy and I are also new here. We were just discussing how cool it would be to have a female tank. Female Warriors are awesome! Super rare in all races so Halfling sounds like a fun choice. We hope to meet you in game sometime. Have a great day!

Stormlight
10-02-2014, 08:14 AM
Welcome!

ivcho
10-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Fun story.. welcome!

Dualform
10-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Very glad to hear you've been having success! I've been here for 4 years and I still have dreams about the game and can't wait to login - hope to see you around and thank you for sharing <3

Portasaurus
10-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Rated 5 stars. Great post.

Reading posts like these really helps to relive my n00b experience here on p99! Enjoy it!