PDA

View Full Version : Potential Ebola in Dallas

Peatree
09-30-2014, 10:52 AM
This was breaking news last night. Still not confirmed as of yet. Patient being tested for Ebola based on his conditions and their travel.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26659083/dallas-hospital-isolating-patient-being-tested-for-ebola

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/clip/10638933/zach-thompson-on-ebola

Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas has isolated a patient who is being tested for a potential case of Ebola.

A statement sent out Monday night by the hospital says it's based on the person's symptoms and recent travel history. The hospital has not said if the patient is a man or a woman.

Officials with the Dallas County Health Department said the person recently traveled to Africa, but it is unknown which country they were in.

The hospital expects preliminary results from the Center for Disease Control Tuesday.

Both the hospital and health department say strict federal isolation and testing guidelines are being followed.

"Unless you have exchanged bodily fluids with this individual this is a low risk for people in Dallas County. So we want to ease the fear. We're talking about bodily fluids transmission, not just sitting right here together that being an issue," said Dallas County Health Director Zach Thompson.

The World Health Organization says the Ebola outbreak in West Africa has killed more than 3,000 people.

Uh-oh....:eek:

Zadrian
09-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Apocalypse

quido
09-30-2014, 11:00 AM
I hope everyone in Texas dies.

Tongpow
09-30-2014, 11:25 AM

get fucked.

http://new2.fjcdn.com/comments/5150375+_0dce4365e7e9cc27e8a889a65e36f781.jpg
they need to kill it + everything that dude has touched with fire

im in DFW

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-30-2014, 11:47 AM
Was this because of too much praying or not enough???

Are teh gayz linked 2 this in n e way????

feanan
09-30-2014, 12:33 PM
thanks obama

Zadrian
09-30-2014, 12:51 PM
Waco

Ket
09-30-2014, 01:10 PM
I'm near SMU - I thought after moving here that the only thing I'd have to worry about were the disease riddled college girls ....apparently that's not the case anymore.

Mo' diseases, mo' problems.

compulsion
09-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Will update with pics if my insides begin to liquefy.

Peatree
09-30-2014, 01:34 PM
What worries me the most is that this disease has something like a 21 day incubation period before it get's bad enough to admit to a hospital.

Who the F knows where this person has been prior? Cause once something like this is out in the open is will expand exponentially. That's the real fear!

Barkingturtle
09-30-2014, 01:57 PM
I guess everybody in Texas better start being a little more careful about whose bodily fluids they consume.

Cecily
09-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Life as we knew it had changed. The screaming terror of outbreak was silenced nearly as soon as it began, but voices of hope faintly began to cry out from basements around the world. Humanity would endure.

Peatree
09-30-2014, 02:14 PM
http://www.map.org/data/sites/2/Projects/WHO-chart.jpg

...and why does the guy in the bio suit have a flame thrower? :eek:

Peatree
09-30-2014, 02:15 PM
http://news.asiaone.com/sites/default/files/original_images/Aug2014/ebola-virus-big_0.jpg

iruinedyourday
09-30-2014, 02:44 PM
The only way to prevent it? Play Eq in your bedroom forever and never leave. P99 wi rule the world!

HappyTr33z
09-30-2014, 03:05 PM
The only way to prevent it? Play Eq in your bedroom forever and never leave. P99 wi rule the world!

We will endure.

Peatree
09-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Well F me. The patient tested positive. CDC on TC right now talking about it.

Zadrian
09-30-2014, 06:11 PM
RUN BITCH RUN! THEY GON KIIIILLL YOUUUU!

Korrupt
09-30-2014, 06:19 PM
rip in peace

compulsion
09-30-2014, 06:19 PM
When a population reaches a certain density, it is only a matter of time before a disease comes along that devastates it. Throw 2 rabbits in a field and they will fuck until the field is full and then die off in droves after an outbreak. Humans are doing the same, but their fields are the Walmarts or the welfare lines or the pharmacy where they refill their Xanax prescriptions. History has repeated this lesson every few centuries for thousands and thousands of years, but ignorance, fear, and arrogance has blinded people to the biological realities of the urban condition.

baalzy
09-30-2014, 07:19 PM
When a population reaches a certain density, it is only a matter of time before a disease comes along that devastates it. Throw 2 rabbits in a field and they will fuck until the field is full and then die off in droves after an outbreak. Humans are doing the same, but their fields are the Walmarts or the welfare lines or the pharmacy where they refill their Xanax prescriptions. History has repeated this lesson every few centuries for thousands and thousands of years, but ignorance, fear, and arrogance has blinded people to the biological realities of the urban condition.

This is literally only a problem in Africa because these people live in absolute squalor, refuse to listen to medical professionals and steal / hide sick and dead people who are infected. They then perform burial ceremonies where they kiss the dead person or place the person in a bath and then use the bath themselves.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
09-30-2014, 08:11 PM

harnold
09-30-2014, 08:12 PM
so what ive got my vaccine

compulsion
09-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Despite the fact that the US is dead last among industrialized nations in health care rankings.
Despite the fact that ~ 25% of the US population receives some form of welfare benefits.
Despite the fact that US veterans, who have comprehensive medical plans, are forced to wait weeks or months to see a doctor.
Despite the fact that the board of the Dallas low income hospital was forced to resign by the Attorney General because the hospital failed so many tests it was considered a health hazard...

This is literally only a problem in Africa because these people live in absolute squalor, refuse to listen to medical professionals and steal / hide sick and dead people who are infected. They then perform burial ceremonies where they kiss the dead person or place the person in a bath and then use the bath themselves.

^ makes me feel like everything will be OK after all.

Orruar
09-30-2014, 09:20 PM
There have been something like 5000 deaths from ebola since the 1970s when the disease was first noted. There are 250k-500k deaths from flu each year. Let's stop getting upset over the small shit.

Orruar
09-30-2014, 09:27 PM
With that said...

The patient, who was in the U.S. visiting family in Texas, initially sought care on September 26, but was sent home and was not admitted until two days later.

Sounds like either the doctor/hospital or the patient fucked up. If you have a fever and just spent some time in Liberia around ebola'ed people, you better say something about that. And if he did say something about it, the doctor/hospital should be investigated immediately for potential criminal negligence.

Greegon
09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
There have been something like 5000 deaths from ebola since the 1970s when the disease was first noted. There are 250k-500k deaths from flu each year. Let's stop getting upset over the small shit.

That's because ebola has never spread as much as the flu has. If ebola were to spread like that there would a shit ton of death, even in places with great healthcare facilities. It's definitely not something worth losing sleep over yet but it startles me to see how much it's spread in Africa so far... you gotta feel bad for those people, it's obviously not stopping very soon.

JayN
09-30-2014, 10:00 PM
There will be a few more small contained outbreaks over the next few years, so they can sell the immunization.

Thats when the real shit goes down

http://www.google.com/patents/CA2741523A1?cl=en

US govt holds the patent on Ebola

Orruar
09-30-2014, 10:10 PM
That's because ebola has never spread as much as the flu has. If ebola were to spread like that there would a shit ton of death, even in places with great healthcare facilities. It's definitely not something worth losing sleep over yet but it startles me to see how much it's spread in Africa so far... you gotta feel bad for those people, it's obviously not stopping very soon.

It hasn't spread like the flu because ebola isn't an airborne disease. It takes contact with body fluids, so don't fuck any Africans or eat any bush meat they offer and you'll be ok.

Orruar
09-30-2014, 10:15 PM
I am a little freaked out though because I flew back to the US from Europe on Sept 18 and there was this black nun on the flight who puked at my feet as I was exiting the bathroom. It was probably either flight sickness or the disgusting chicken pasta they served us for lunch, but still a little scary.

georgie
10-01-2014, 12:37 AM
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608047926375351391&pid=15.1&P=0