PDA

View Full Version : Anybody new to EQ?

NewbieEQ
09-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Hi, I always wanted to try EQ and I know it's F2P on Steam but am looking to try EQ in it's glory days. So my question is; are there people leveling up here? Is it possible to find people to do stuff with for an EQ newb or are there mostly veteran players?

Long story short: I went from AC to AO to WoW back to AO to AoC back to AO to TSW, route. Asheron's Call (AC), World of Warcraft (WoW), Anarchy Online (AO), Age of Conan (AoC), The Secret World (TSW). That's why I never tried EQ.

Arkaan
09-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Total noobs are a rare breed but I would guess there are more noobs here than there has been on live in a good long time. Mostly kids or friends of veteran players that started playing here.

Anyway, no better place for a noob to startup than p99! Plus there are usually players who give out decent equip to new players in East Commons. People still answer the occasional question in OOC.

Be that as it may, a big percentage of the players are leveling characters or alts here. Even though most of them have played before, there are groups and players all over the place. It's nothing like on live where 90% of the world is a ghost town.

Captiv8
09-30-2014, 06:02 PM
Blue server is pretty hopping during prime time and Gfay, East Commons, and Field of Bone are pretty busy. Great time to start and the community is very helpful. Most vets are playing alts forever waiting for Velious to release

littlebobby3
10-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Play it's fun. But it's not gonna be easy if your looking for end game raiding.

kaos057
10-02-2014, 10:12 AM
If you have never played EQ before you probably wont like classic EQ as it's pretty hard core. You will probably die quite often and spend a lot of time looking for your corpse. If you like a big challenge though this is where it is.

NewbieEQ
10-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I got lucky and met a few people in my time zone that are leveling up and don't mind answering the occasional newbie question in-game. After the initial shock of the UI, the graphics and amount of stuff you have to learn, I think I'll be fine. :)