PDA

View Full Version : Tech/Networking question

FoxxHound
09-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Any tech/networking/IT people out there? I have been having massive ping spikes in all of my online games TF2, DoTA2, Nosgoth, SC II, CS, League of Legends, Archeage, Rift, ESO, EQ, etc.. (Each one has a different kind of lag. Example TF2 just freezes or rubberbands me. DoTA everything else moves, but my hero freezes or is delayed. In LoL I get massive stutter or complete freeze. (Each indicate ping or packetloss or both being the problem)
I don't seem to have lag/buffering problems for shows/youtube/movies. I have even run multiple speed tests/pingtest/packet loss tests. From speedtest.net, pingtest.net, to running the good ole command prompt. All shows normal DL/Upload speed, and no packet loss/jitter.
I have tried as many remedies as I can think of to no avail. I have done the make sure everything is plugged in, and snug. Resetting/turning off, and on the router. Called ISP, and they said everything looked fine. I tried port forwarding for the games I play. I have turned off firewall/antivirus programs temporarily to see if there was a change (obviously there wasn't). I tried updating my drivers, and all seem to be up to date. I thought it could be the router, but my roommate isn't have any problems. I have even done multiple virus/malware scans on my computer. Nothing seems to be working. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

gildor
09-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Either way, give some specifics on your hardware..router, isp, wired/wireless, etc? May help troubleshoot..

FoxxHound
09-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Intel(R) Ethranet Connection I217-V
Router is the one comcast gave my roommate. I do believe it is a Technicolor (not sure. It is in his room; which is locked). ISP is comcast, and it is wired.

gildor
09-28-2014, 02:41 PM
this may not be exactly related, but could be a speed/duplex negotiation issue with your nic and comcraps generic bullcrap router

check this thread..be careful in the registry..

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48210

radditsu
09-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Check yo power options. I have had nics not perform well wuen they are controlled by a power profile. Check yo drivers too. Is it wired or wifi? Laptop?

radditsu
09-28-2014, 07:23 PM
I have seen some integrated intel nics shoot tens of thousands of ipv6 packets with some bug causing issues

Aenor
09-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Download winmtr, run it for 100 pings while the issue is occurring and post results here. You'll need the IP of your game server to test to.