PDA

View Full Version : Did you roll something different this time around?

Larkverdin
09-28-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm going to be finally playing P1999 after going back and forth with a few different MMOs over the last few months. As with most of you, I too played EQ back in the day, 2001-2007 to be exact (The Nameless server ftw).

This led me to start debating what I wanted to play. During classic, I was a druid and only a druid. I was never really any good at having alts. I've flip-flopped on which classes to play on P1999, but that's not really the point of this post. I'm curious if many of you who played back in the day are playing what you did back then, or if you went another direction completely to avoid spoiling any fond memories you have from classic.

Pane_AK
09-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I've played a warrior main on PC. Then a cleric main on AlKabor. Here I've rolled a shaman as my main and loving it.

I've always really enjoyed grouping and raiding. But this time around I wanted the option of soloing to be a bit less painful. Loving out so far. Although I rarely solo

Wenuven
09-28-2014, 03:00 PM
I played a druid in classic and play one again on P99. I've also played many classes in an end-game scenario between then and now, but playing a druid on P99 really does bring back some nostalgia from the old days. I wouldn't say it has spoiled anything at all. There are some major differences, but also many similarities.

The one thing I look forward too on this server is the ability to roll as many alts as I want and level them at their own pace. There is ample opportunity to experience every class at some point and not feel as if I am getting left behind. Most likely my "main" will not be the druid in the long run but I still enjoy playing him nonetheless.

I think a lot of people come to this server with a min/max attitude and regret it. I know I did. I first played a year ago and tried leveling an untwinked rogue solely because I wanted to be the "best" dps class. Burned out very quickly and didn't return to the server until about a month ago, when I started the druid. Having much more fun this time around focusing on the adventure instead of the destination.

myriverse
09-28-2014, 03:45 PM
During classic live, my main was a DE SK. I tried recreating him, but my heart just wasn't in it for some reason.

After several choices, I ended up with an Iksar Warrior. I never got to experience beginning Kunark (levels 1-30) on live, and I've enjoyed it a lot. I really don't have a desire to go to Antonica or Faydwer again.

Esheon
09-29-2014, 03:46 AM
I played a shaman on Live and a druid on Progression. (Plus tons of alts of course.) I chose a druid here because I couldn't recreate my old shaman (froggie), and I simply must have sow :p

Bboboo
09-29-2014, 06:22 AM
Was a 55Mage on live back in the day.

Have a 60 Druid now. Not sure why because I usually hate the druid class in most MMOs, probably because it's the easiest class to get max level (along side bard). Don't really consider him my main, more so my plat making class.

Hobie819
09-29-2014, 06:41 AM
I played a 65 mage on live with a ranger alt.

I played a 56 druid here as my first and now have an enchanter as my alt.

I am enjoying playing classes that aren't similar to each other. Gets that fresh breath of experience and knowing how to play multiple classes helps your knowledge level for groups a lot, knowing what each class goes through. My enchanter is only lvl 22, but already I am starting to get a feel for how much a good enchanter has to do in a high level play environment. I always knew they were busy if done right, but never knew exactly how busy. Im just hoping to be able to be a decent one, lol.

Shoog
09-29-2014, 11:25 AM
I was a ranger til Luclin, then a warrior. On p99 I rolled a bard. For me, a big part of the fun is learning a new class -- although I am afraid everything will seem boring compared to bard!

Snagglepuss
09-29-2014, 12:14 PM
I played an enchanter on live. I played a mage to level 60 on here as my first character! I loved the idea of starting something new. It adds some magic to the rediscovery of classic everquest.

Rhayne05
09-29-2014, 01:14 PM
Dark Elf 60 Something Enchanter on live, with a Shadowknight not far behind.

When I came here, as much as I love the Enchanter class and its uniqueness to this game, I couldn't bring myself to do it again.

Decided on a Half Elf Bard named Airren, and I love it. I get all the perks of casters/enchanters (Run Speed, Invis, Buffs, DoTs, Faction Modifiers, Debuffs) without the constant medding, and a few melee perks (dual wield, dodge, decent offense/defense, heavy armor, tracking). I really enjoy it, I think it was a great first character on this server. Reached level 13 last night in Befallen!

Arkaan
09-29-2014, 01:31 PM
I played a wizard exclusively on live.

Here I decided I would main an SK, but I sidetracked with an enc. Played him till about 44, loved it. Started a nec which I've been playing now at about lower 30's.

I will eventually return to my SK. I doubt I will play another wizzie here unless I really get bored. I stuck with my wiz on live, but here I intend to branch out =)

Captiv8
09-30-2014, 06:04 PM
On live my main was an Iksar Monk. I created him and leveled only a little. I am playing a Necro right now and will use him to farm a bit of cash to gear up the monk. I know its faster to just play the class you want but Monks twinked are quite fun to play.

I am enjoying my necro quite a bit anyways

holsteinrx7
10-01-2014, 08:30 PM
necro/warrior live > sk here

falendar
10-01-2014, 09:33 PM
was on live, played a druid and a monk and now a monk here.

crunknsa
10-02-2014, 08:29 AM
I played a HIE cleric on live (MT)...with mid/high level alts of a druid and a beastlord. Here, I have a HIE cleric and a druid again. I'm a creature of habit. ;)

Smilkers
10-03-2014, 03:53 PM
Bard on Live, here.
Only got to level 54 before I quit around PoP era. :)

Rolled a Hoobit Druid here IMMEDIATELY when I found out about P99.
I was always sooooo jealous of my little Halfling Druid buddy with his shiny golden boots porting all over the world. I had the worst time finding ports back on Live... never wanted to experience that again.

It's fairly interesting how many people decided to roll Druid here after playing something else on Live. Such an awesome class all around... great utility. Have had more fun playing Druid than I ever did playing Bard.

Aadill
10-03-2014, 07:49 PM
Human wizard, human monk, and barbarian warrior on live.

Human ranger on P99. It's a completely different experience being able to cast but also tank. I haven't done that before and it's a huge blast.

Jaleth
10-03-2014, 08:22 PM
On live I played a paladin. I absolutely loved it, but being able to solo was awful. I wanted to try something entirely different and went wizard. I knew this server would never have pot books or Luclin spires. So the ability to port wherever I wanted, and to be able to quad kite and put down burst damage in raids was something foreign to me. Plus wizards are just too damn cool... Gandalf, Elminster, Merlin, Dumbledorf, Khelben Blackstaff, The Simbul, you name it.

Sequester
10-06-2014, 07:36 AM
I played a cat-bard on Kael back in the day. Due to this being pre Luclin I will take the darkelf cleric route.

t0neg0d
10-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Main was a troll war on CT (Brell Serilis originally)... Dabrewt if anyone remembers me >.<

t0neg0d
10-06-2014, 09:02 PM
Main was a troll war on CT (Brell Serilis originally prior to the server merge).

Human monk for me this time.