PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Help!

yennenhoj
09-25-2014, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone, I used to play an enchanter back on the old Vazaelle server. I leveled into the 40s during Velious, 50s during Luclin, and got hardcore towards the end of PoP and raided Time. I started an Dark Elf enchanter because I wanted to get in groups, but I kept playing because I thought mezzing was the most fun I had ever had. I dropped around when the level cap went up to 70 because the guild mandated we level quickly and the grind killed my desire to play.

I was lurking on the forums and I got the impression enchanters were everywhere soloing everything and that hybrids weren't desired at all. So I made a human ranger. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Anyway, I made level 3, I've been collecting rusty weapons and was planning on sharpening them all last night. The thing is I couldn't find any sharpening stones in Qeynos. I looked on the wiki and it showed no stones in Qeynos, but that they were sold in Erudin. I used to love taking boats places.

I spent some time at the docks working on my swimming. I was going to call it a night when the boat finally arrived, so I hopped on board. It wasn't the boat I remembered, but it has been a long time since I took this boat. I was a little concerned about the lack of an entrance/exit gap on the side so I got up on the side while we cruised along. Zoning into Erud's Crossing I was placed in the middle of the boat so I ran up to the front of the boat to get on the side again.

Thats when I got popped up into invisible geometry.

I tried to run back out of it to get back on deck, but I kept getting bumped higher. I was starting to freak out when I realized I would probably get placed back on deck in the middle of the boat when the boat zoned again. That thought calmed me down, but that is not what happened. The boat started moving and instead of going with it I got bumped even higher. I was so high the fall would kill me so I was too scared to jump (and I haven't died yet, I want to see how far I can make it), so I watched as the boat sailed away (it kind of jerked and stuttered). I was left standing up in the middle of the air. It was late so I camped out, sitting down way up in the sky.

Now I don't know what to do. I know there will be sharks down there and if die I'll never get my body back.

I am having lots of fun, despite my trouble last night. Thanks to everyone who got this server working.

Ereni
09-26-2014, 02:00 AM
You can't really avoid your situation it seems. The only thing you can do is to take the chance and see if you survive. That sounds exciting! One thing is for sure...before you do die, make sure to get your location by typing in /loc in the chat box. That way you can use coordinates to get your body back! And, if you need assistance in doing so, PM me on the boards and I'll run over.

Welcome back to Everquest!

It is slightly a shame that you remember having so much fun as an enchanter and yet you decided against it since it is a common class. I remember having speculations when I first started out but things turned out to be okay. Enchanters are common for a reason and can always be useful regardless of the quantity available.

Stormlight
09-26-2014, 10:54 AM
I've had several boat rides bug out, but nothing like that! You could try a GM petition if you can't get back down. I'll be on today from about 4-6 Central, and will happily help get you to some sharpening stones once I get level 29 back, which I lost during a tragic fiasco last night. *grins* Feel free to ask if you see me on!

yennenhoj
09-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Yeah, it turned out they were zero sharks between the zone in and the docks, at least the way I happened to go. I was actually a little disappointed, but at least I made it in one piece.

I might still make an enchanter, there is something really nice about having a bunch of spells.