PDA

View Full Version : Add another to the EQ Project!

fusionz02
09-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Just ordered SoF. Can't wait to hop back on and go through the nostalgia. Just a little 411, I had lvl 40 pally on sullon zek and lvl 57 erudite wizzy on rallos zek named: Simonsays Die I was playing (not part of the guilds) when the Sleeper was first killed by Ascending Dawn, Wudan, and Magnus Imperialus Magicus... Anyways, just reading everyone's memories and it just brings sadness, when I used to remember that feeling of logging into the game and feeling in another world lol... I stopped playing in 2003, it just didn't have the same feel when SoL came out, I used to love heading to EC tunnel or Kelethin for trading and making money with teleport. I guess I'll be able to go through memory lane again. Thank you for the eq project and I look forward to playing with you all soon!

-Returning player

p.s Whats the demand for wizards or enchanters?

loramin
09-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Welcome. First question: what's SoF? If you're referring to the Everquest expansion I hope you realize Project 1999 requires Titanium Edition. The good news is that it's available free for download if you check with your pirate friends at the bay.

As for demand, wizards are typically regarded as one of the least powerful classes (as they have relatively low damage over time compared to say a rogue), while enchanters are regarded as one of most powerful classes (if not the most powerful).

Captiv8
09-25-2014, 06:06 PM
You can obtain anything you need to run P99 (Titanium Client) for free. Enchanters solo well and are in high demand for groups.

Welcome back!

iruinedyourday
09-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Enchanter is a great first class, if you know how to play EQ already!

If you dont, shaman will be very rewarding for you.

Wizards are pretty scarce, every guild seems to have a few regulars in their rotations! They tend to keep to themselves on this server more than grouping.. you don't see them very often, then BAM! there are 5 in your raid out of nowhere :)

fusionz02
09-26-2014, 01:53 PM
You can obtain anything you need to run P99 (Titanium Client) for free. Enchanters solo well and are in high demand for groups.

Welcome back!

I was wondering about the P99 Client, I know people can get it for free from Pbay, but I've never done it before, can you guys help me on downloading it? I've never used torrent before..:o

UPDATE: tried downloading it, but nothing happened, just adware on my pc now lol...sigh

loramin
09-26-2014, 02:12 PM
The tricky part about torrent sites is that they make their money through ads, and the advertisers (wanting to get clicked) make their ads look like part of the site. So, the important thing is to click on the correct link/icon.

On the pirate bay, that means clicking on the little magnet (next to "Get this Torrent", or you can just click the magnet link on the search results page). If you click that instead of the big "Download Here" images you should be all good.

fusionz02
09-26-2014, 03:16 PM
The tricky part about torrent sites is that they make their money through ads, and the advertisers (wanting to get clicked) make their ads look like part of the site. So, the important thing is to click on the correct link/icon.

On the pirate bay, that means clicking on the little magnet (next to "Get this Torrent", or you can just click the magnet link on the search results page). If you click that instead of the big "Download Here" images you should be all good.

Every time I try clicking on the magnet ads just pop up, no request to download it. :(

fusionz02
09-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Update: Got it downloading, I didn't even have torrent software lol...got utorrent and now its working! Thank you everyone for your input, hope to see you all soon.:)

eqgmrdbz
09-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Dont forget to follow the Startup page step by step, make sure you upgrade your spellf files, or you will not get in game.

fusionz02
09-27-2014, 04:29 AM
Dont forget to follow the Startup page step by step, make sure you upgrade your spellf files, or you will not get in game.

Got everything but the spelif files...I dl the p99files33 from the start-up site, replaced the files from the directory, but still getting the error in the character creation screen.