PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: re: Ranking Proc Weps and Skill Lvls post-Unding

Kekephee
09-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Two questions:

1) is there any way to objectively rank the effectiveness of proc weapons for keeping aggro? Has anyone done any kind of research that shows which proc weapons are definitely better than others? It seems like "higher damage proc" would be a good gauge, but what about weapons that proc really often with a low-aggro nuke vs. weapons that never proc but have a huge aggro boost (the example that comes to mind is my goblin skull crusher, which has procced like ONCE.) My warrior is sitting on an obsidian dagger, a whip of strangulation, a kunzar ku'juch, a blood point, a yak club, a goblin skull crusher, and a smoldering brand. I have no idea which of these weapons is best. Half of them I can't use yet. I'm not sure, when I can use them, if they will be better. At her level (29) it seems like proc weapons don't even help her keep aggro; I've just been using her DPS set all the time.

2) This character is going to be a Naggy/Vox alt for a while. Let's say, hypothetically, I get her to 60 and then sac her down. Will her skills still be those of a 60? Will she have a higher rate of riposte/dodge/parry than a level 52 would? I know when you lose a level the skills go red, which I ASSUME is them being brought down to an appropriate cap, but I want to be sure. Additionally, I know at 60 something happens where kick becomes a stun sufficient to interrupt spell casting; does that have to do with skill level? If so, if I get to 60 and then drop down to 52, will I still be able to interrupt spell casting with kick? I highly doubt it, but again, worth asking.

williestargell
09-26-2014, 09:52 AM
Try these for #1

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Items_Aggro_Procs

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119584&highlight=proc+weapon+table&page=2

Vega
09-26-2014, 10:14 AM
2) This character is going to be a Naggy/Vox alt for a while. Let's say, hypothetically, I get her to 60 and then sac her down. Will her skills still be those of a 60? Will she have a higher rate of riposte/dodge/parry than a level 52 would? I know when you lose a level the skills go red, which I ASSUME is them being brought down to an appropriate cap, but I want to be sure. Additionally, I know at 60 something happens where kick becomes a stun sufficient to interrupt spell casting; does that have to do with skill level? If so, if I get to 60 and then drop down to 52, will I still be able to interrupt spell casting with kick? I highly doubt it, but again, worth asking.

I think in classic, these skill *should* actually stay at the higher level. Here however, they do not. It seems it's either something to do with Titanium, or they're worried about exploits. This was a big topic of discussion on Red for a bit (in classic you could have a low level rogue with insane backstabs).

Thulack
09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143899&highlight=impaler

Kekephee
09-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks guys, good infos, exactly what I was looking for

*edit* god damn this chart is good. Whoever made this is a saint.

williestargell
09-26-2014, 04:28 PM
Yea that Yaolin chart was the one I was trying to find but couldn't.

Vega
09-29-2014, 10:31 AM
That chart is very interesting. It seems it gets even better for weapons like the impaler when you are working with less than 100% haste.

Might be a dumb question, but somewhat related, does anyone know how much hate is generated by bash? Is it more than kick? Is it worth toggling out secondary when the bash timer is up? I played around a little with this on a low level warrior, and it seemed to make a difference (maybe because of the potential stun component?) but it very well could have been my imagination. And if it resets the dual wield timer too much I can see that slowing down hate aswell.

khanable
09-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Everything has the same proc rate, which is scaled up to 2 procs per minute (ppm) for the mainhand with 255 sex and 1 ppm for the offhand with 255 dex. With lower dex, the ppm value goes down. With that said,

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1089960&postcount=1

Gives you an idea of what sort of hate is being generated by type of proc.

In summary,

DD/DoT/Lifetaps suck (approx 1 point of hate per point of damage and 1 point healed (for taps))
Snare/pure stun (duration) is mediocre
Ykesha is pretty nice (seems to have higher base hate from the 0.1 stun than duration stun), adds in 1 point per point of damage from the DD component as well
War epic slightly higher than ykesha
3 poison counters trump all (blade of the black dragon eye, a bunch of VP weapons, possibly the claw impaler (afaik, no one tested it and I got lazy)

as for the second question,
warrior kick can start to stun at 55, and afaik, skills don't 'stay high' if you delevel. They match the max that skill can be for that level. So no, you can't.

My suggestion for a leveling warrior:
Group with someone who can root and go dual lammies (more hp!) or staff of battle. If you're bent on trying to hold aggro without root - dual claw impalers might be for you.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-29-2014, 12:38 PM
255 sex

Mmmmmm

khanable
09-29-2014, 12:46 PM
I'd claim autocorrect but lets be real, iksar warriors start the game at 255 sex

Wrench
09-29-2014, 12:49 PM
255 sex

Mmmmmm

entirely intentional

everything image that he posts or text that he types on these forums is sexual innuendo

khanable
09-29-2014, 12:59 PM
entirely intentional

everything image that he posts or text that he types on these forums is sexual innuendo

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyll8vT61a1qb4mxmo1_500.gif

pharmakos
09-29-2014, 01:10 PM
possibly the claw impaler (afaik, no one tested it and I got lazy)

i didn't objectively tested it, but tried it for a bit and subjectively it worked pretty great in seb/HS groups for my 59 warrior. soon as that thing procced the mob would be glued to me for the rest of the fight.

Daldaen
09-29-2014, 01:10 PM
All Naggy/Vox warriors should be required to dual wield Short Swords of Ykesha and wear full Crafted Armor. Would make those fights more interesting.