PDA

View Full Version : asking for buffs at EC tunnel

Topgunben
09-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Is it annoying if I am asking for regeneration, damage shield and other buffs every 30 minutes? I am level 5 and those buffs help so much, especially the damage shield.

Captiv8
09-25-2014, 06:10 PM
I wouldn't find it annoying. Would give me something to do other than spam the Tunnel social

loramin
09-25-2014, 06:17 PM
When I'm on an alt I try to wait at least until my regen wears out before asking for a re-buff; the damage shield just fades too fast.

Otherwise though I have no problem with going back. And when I'm playing my main I'm happy to buff people however often they ask ... if I'm paying enough attention to the non-auction-chat window to notice them.

iruinedyourday
09-25-2014, 06:30 PM
send me a tell, my names lllxillaiillaolilill

Topgunben
09-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Ok, cool. Ill be asking away then.

Abner
09-25-2014, 10:00 PM
My lowbies only ask for sow.

Slumgum
09-25-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm really new to the server and have only been to the tunnel twice, but both times I got buffs just standing around. I was leveling in Oasis last night and and a gnome magician (I REALLY wish I could remember his name but I was so tired) buffed us with a damage shield several times and I got from 13.5 to 14 in like 40 minutes. Big shout out to him, Swish, and every other enchant that did drive by Breeze/Clarity on us yesterday.

I think you go to popular zones you'll find you get buffs randomly.

Bboboo
09-25-2014, 11:23 PM
I mutter "go back to WoW for free handouts" whenever I see this sorta stuff.

But hey do what ya want.

Wenuven
09-26-2014, 03:23 AM
It's only annoying when someone sends me a tell directly asking for a full lineup of buffs for free. If it's in /say or /ooc it's easy enough to ignore if I'm not in the mood.

I like helping people whenever I can but sometimes I just don't feel like shuffling spells around and fending off the 20 tells I get every time I start buffing one person.

It's MOST annoying when you're a level 5 running around in 20K+ worth of gear and cant offer to donate a few plat at least.

kruptcy
09-26-2014, 08:46 AM
It's MOST annoying when you're a level 5 running around in 20K+ worth of gear and cant offer to donate a few plat at least.

^ This. Thank god you also get the genuinely new players in full banded willing to offer you their last pp to show their appreciation for buffs.

ripwind
09-26-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm never annoyed. PMs for SoW are fine. PMs for full lines of buffs generally not so much. However, for anyone who asks in /say at the tunnel entrance I usually hit 'em with it. I have a tendency to just hang out at the entrance with my druid, Mely, with her full buff line loaded anyhow.

NZV
09-28-2014, 12:13 AM
If I'm in the EC tunnel porting and trading on my druid, I love hitting lowbies with some buffs. If port requests are coming in relatively quickly though, I'm saving my mana for those since that's one of the main reasons I'm there. And having someone come in and ask for a new damage shield every 4 minutes can get a bit annoying, I'll be honest, even if it does help them out a lot.

There's also only so much room on my bar so when I'm EC porting I keep SoW/Thorns/Regen on there for lowbies, but there isn't enough space for Skin or Strength so I tend not to bother with them.

Donations aren't something I'm concerned with at all for buffing and I'm always really surprised when someone tosses plat at me. It's not as though I'm losing anything for buffing you considering the fact that I'm only doing it if I have excess mana anyways. Completely unnecessary, though it's kinda nice when it happens.

On a related note, I really appreciate it when enchanters hit me with a clarity at the tunnel entrance. It makes it far more likely that I'll have spare mana for newbies needing buffs.