PDA

View Full Version : should i give red99 a shot?

holsteinrx7
09-24-2014, 06:08 PM
im pretty unhappy on blue..

i cant tell if its the class, the guilds, the greedy gear grab, the end game raiding scene, or the entire server.

ive trolled the red posts a little in hopes of a wipe so i dont have to compete against 4 years of gear and the lower population..

ive logged back onto blue considering a reroll from my twinked out sk, but i feel like im coming back to poke a dead carcass.

is red my solution?

please advise. :p:confused::o:rolleyes::eek::cool:;)

Farzo
09-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Red is fun as hell if you don't take shit personally. It's the biggest mistake you can make playing here.

Potus
09-24-2014, 06:16 PM
If you want to play a SK then hell yes play Red.

Red is fun as hell if you don't take shit personally. It's the biggest mistake you can make playing here.

Definitely what this guy said. If you find PvP to be hilarious then yes yes yes play here.

holsteinrx7
09-24-2014, 06:32 PM
i cant believe that fear doesnt work in pvp, so im not sure if i would want to go SK or not. they cant really solo, either.

how is ENC/SHA? i know some other classes may translate from blue to red well, but i prefer being evil.

Bazia
09-24-2014, 06:32 PM
thinks sk is gonna suck but asks if enc is good

plz roll here ur gonna have a goog time

Nyanknits
09-24-2014, 06:35 PM
the reason you're unhappy on blue is the lack of pvp

roll red and roll deep

loramin
09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
It sounds from your post like you might be unhappy with Everquest, not with Blue. Take your desire for a wipe: if you're bothered by the fact that other people have more stuff than you on Blue, you're going to be bothered on Red too. The problem, in my opinion, isn't that you need to change servers, it's that you need to change perspective.

I'd suggest you try and figure out what makes the game fun for you again. If you suspect that might be fighting other players, then by all means go Red. But if you don't figure out why you want to be playing the game, it won't matter which server you're on: playing a game you don't like just won't be fun.

Farzo
09-24-2014, 06:38 PM
You level so fast on this server that if you play constantly ( 4-6 hrs a day ) you'll be level 50+ in 2 weeks easy.

Red has a huge XP bonus for groups it's ridiculous and the only dreaded levels are 54 and 59.

SK's are huge for PVP due to their utility(both invs) and use of CoS/FD/HT/Self dot so they can't be mezzed(edit correction, hard to mez)/dots/lifetaps etc.

Casey VII
09-24-2014, 06:39 PM
I'll help you send Casey a tell

Sk00ba5t3v3
09-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Dont worry about gear and being 4 years behind. I pretty much just started and Ill be kicking these Neckbeard's asses in short time.

Sk00ba5t3v3
09-24-2014, 09:03 PM
I'll help you send Casey a tell

Definitely take Casey up on his offer. He was the first and is one of the best people I've met on red

daasgoot
09-24-2014, 09:07 PM
hard to say if red will be fun for any 1 individual (especially if you don't know them)...

but, what i can say is i got bored on blue. rolled on red, and am having fun.

1-48 in ~ 3-4 weeks. I'm casual and only play at night (except weekends)