PDA

View Full Version : Ready Player One

Kruel
09-24-2014, 03:54 PM
I just got done listening to the audio book for ready player one. Crazy good book. If you are into gaming and mmos then this is an awesome read or a must listen audio book.

FoxxHound
09-24-2014, 10:34 PM
Awww snap.
Looking at your avatar; I assume you've read Chuck Palahniuk's stuff?

Kruel
09-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Awww snap.
Looking at your avatar; I assume you've read Chuck Palahniuk's stuff?

I really don't read or listen to books. This is my first one really in a long long time. I Am a huge fight club fan and watch the movie every couple of months.

I would like to find another book similar to ready player one - something with MMO talk and with a fun adventure story like that book.

murrpau
09-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Look for the translations of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor and Log Horizon.
These are superb light novels about MMO stuff. Log Horizon is the old "we're trapped in the game!" Kind of story(Japanese, season 1 of the anime wrapped up and season 2 starts soon)
Legendary Moonlight Sculptor is about VRMMO stuff... a no-class beat-Down orphan fool from the ghetto of Korea needs to play the game to RMT his sister through college. The game they're playing has perfect A.I., so NPCs are pretty indistinguishable from players but have their own agendas. He simultaneously has the best and worst luck of any player in any game ever.(korean web novel. It runs volume 1-44, but only up through around vol. 21 is translated)