PDA

View Full Version : Completely new

Karynawow
09-24-2014, 03:53 PM
I'd like to start off by saying i'm brand new to this part of the game... i started in planes of power, so i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing. What i would like to know is what the best starter class would be in terms of gear dependency and grouping potential. maybe even an easy class that doesn't have a huge learning curve either. Thanks in advance!

Whirled
09-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Hello & welcome!

If you have not read or perused: { http://wiki.project1999.com/ }

I've witnessed dozen+ threads asking the same thing and tbh it's best to just make whatever combination you really want to play. There's lots of knowledgeable people & lots of good ole nostalgia if you enjoy the leveling process that is "classic".

chayes
09-24-2014, 04:55 PM
The way this game works, no classes are dependent on gear outside their means to aquire. That said, all classes are twink-able.

A twinked warrior will have an easier time than a starter.
An un-twinked caster will have about the same experience until in late teens.

Starting fresh, play what you want (beware on blue there are a ton of twink bards and monks in the 3-15 range!!!) The community has been generous to me and I'm sure they will to you as well. As long as you aren't a tool to people.

Have fun & welcome!

Treefall
09-24-2014, 06:30 PM
As others have stated play what you want to play.

Magician, Necromancer, and Druid are typical baseline answers to this question. Shaman and Enchanter shine as levels advance.

If I wasn't playing what I wanted to play, in retrospect, against other peoples' advice, I would go Druid, Halfling to be exact. Reason being: snare, sow, the ability to quad or charm, heal, teleports, and the ability to help power level any friends that may want to join the game (or to make some extra cash), and no xp penalty...or a bonus as Halfling.

Druid is not the best min/max answer, especially at later levels, but it certainly has everything out the door for rapid leveling and decent money making potential. When you consider that you can easily trade power levels, if you decide on a class you really want to play you could trade-up a powerlevel through 30ish.