PDA

View Full Version : Old Player from Povar just starting P1999

khordale
09-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Howdy Folks, dropping in to say hello!

I played on Povar from the very first day of launch in 1999 until about the end of PoP. I took several long breaks, but raided a good bit during my time.
My main was Barbarian Rogue named Khordale. I started off in Sanctus Covenir guild (played a cleric, Romatir) and was with them for several years. Later on I joined up with Unleashed (born from old Aquila Phoenix guild) basically when they began and stuck with them until I quit the game. I even had a Triton guild tag over my head very briefly (just a few raids, but still, quite fun!) Unleashed kinda' broke up and many members made the jump to Triton. I just wasn't playing enough at the time for that kind of commitment.
I had lots of dear friends in my guilds and guilds like Rising Ascension, Triton, Riding Insanity, Blades of Law, etc... (been a long time, lots more, hard to remember all :) )

Velious was my all-time favorite expansion, by a long shot! When I finally got primal on my rogue I was ecstatic. One of the top gaming moments for me for sure. When I saw that P1999 was working on Velious it made me want to come back.

If anyone remembers my guilds or me, hit me up here or in game or PM! :) I'd love to reminisce.

Don't know what I will play on P1999. I always fancied a bard on live... Or an SK, never leveled one of those. I also considered a cloth class. I am open to advice on what is solid/needed in the current game dynamic.
My wife will play with me occasionally, but I can't count on her for a steady duo. :p

-Erik

Fotty
09-22-2014, 02:27 AM
Omg I remember rising ascension! And a enchanter in it named "woofwoof" can't say I was ever high enough in level to have fun with those guilds, but I always was in awe when seeing them around the Kelethin bank

TKoji
09-22-2014, 03:21 AM
Welcome back :)

khordale
09-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Fotty and TKoji!

It looks like we might be making a cleric/chanter for along together. From what I am reading on the boards here, that is pretty effective. If anyone has any starting strategies for that combo(probably dark elf), I am all ears!

Dravik
11-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Hey Khordale, I remember you.

I also was in RI, Unleashed, Blades of Law & Triton.

Welcome !

Dravik

Griffy
11-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Welcome Eric :)

khordale
11-04-2014, 07:23 AM
Hey Dravik! I remember you. Necro right? (Or was it SK?). Unleashed had a good run for a time there...
You playing P1999 any these days? If so, I have a necro named Khalos. Shoot me a tell sometime brother!

Thanks for the welcome Grif. :)

-Erik

Pookieson
11-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Old school Povar, too legit. I raided with RA, Triton, and i forget the other, for a long time. Triton mostly passed PoP. My ranger was Deyvan. I raided with BoL on Torriger, a cleric. Loved povar back in the day, so much fun. I got back into it much later and raided with another high end ranger during like DoDH but it wasnt the same.

Very much looking forward to Velious. I have a 56 epic shaman named Tiberiuz and a super twink monk named Pookieson in his 20's. If you see me around, hit me up, ill help you get started up here.

And class wise, SK are sick, ench are pretty legit too though, especially high end.

Dravik
11-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey Dravik! I remember you. Necro right? (Or was it SK?). Unleashed had a good run for a time there...
You playing P1999 any these days? If so, I have a necro named Khalos. Shoot me a tell sometime brother!

Thanks for the welcome Grif. :)

-Erik

Yep, Necro! The SK you remember was probably Zaknafian or Grilla. Those were my two buddies I rolled around with all the time. Also used to run with Ruakton my shaman friend.

Remember them?

khordale
11-04-2014, 11:30 PM
Hey Pookie, I'll try to catch you online sometime :)

Dravik, yes I remember Grilla and Zak.. Grilla and I were officers in Unleashed together. I remember him very well. Good times!

Erik