PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Player!

Augor
09-19-2014, 10:52 PM
So, I'm a brand new player to this server, and Everquest in general.
You might ask why this is the case, and the answer is really quite simple. I was born on the year of Everquest's release, and it's a bit hard to play a video game like this when you're one, two, or three.
My father and I were talking one day about MMO's and games in general, and he brought up this game, which is what he played back in his 'glory days' of gaming. He told me quite a few interesting stories about it and it sounded rather fun to give it a go.
So, I looked up somewhere to play classical Everquest, found this and here I am. I've always had an interest for older, more 'hardcore, types of games. The community and interaction in this game is unlike I've ever seen in any MMO I've had the pleasure of playing.
So, I play a level five bard named Lenniel, you might've already seen me running around and dying for whatever reason.
Any tips, tricks, and hugs are welcome. :3

Mardu
09-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Be prepared to hit buttons multiple times, then hitting up the next button in sequence. As a bard, you'llhave to learn how to weave your songs to have as many going as you can, without letting one drop. DDps will be mad if you drop haste song, others for various reasons. You'll come to understand when its okay to drop a song (charm or stun) and when to keep things going. Kick some ass and have fun. :)

Arkaan
09-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Welcome! In case you don't already know, there is a nice wiki (http://wiki.project1999.com/)available. Check it out!

Captiv8
09-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Welcome! Learn to twist songs and know which situations you should be using them. A good Bard takes some skill but you will be loved

Estu
09-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Welcome. You did a good job picking the most complex class in the game as your first character, haha. Have a read up on this guide for basic stuff: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

Good luck with the bard! Very cool class once you get the hang of it.

mtb tripper
09-22-2014, 03:45 PM
welcome to the community man we are happy to have you. Roll a Halfling Druid on the red pvp server and you will do awesome :)

Augor
09-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all the links 'n stuff guys. I also didn't realize Bard was the most complex class whenever I chose it.

Although, since I've begun and now that I have a few songs I understand the idea of twisting and it's fairly simple. I believe a lot of the challenge with it will be from learning to twist the right songs at the right times. Yet, I assume with enough play it will become easier.

Necran
09-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Welcome aboard man. You've made a good decision! What level are you now?

Augor
09-22-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm level seven now. I'm really slow I suppose. As of right now I'm spending most of my time trying to run around and get groups to play in. I've noticed really quickly that grouping is so much more effective than soloing.

Necran
09-23-2014, 12:07 AM
The disparity between soloing and grouping increases as you level, but since you chose Bard you have a highly effective (although very difficult) leveling mechanism called Swarm Kiting. I recommend reading up on it here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Deajay%27s_AoE_Bard_Leveling_Location_Guide

mtb tripper
09-23-2014, 01:31 AM
welcome to server

littlebobby3
09-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Bard is my second class choice. They are fun but like someone said before swarm kiting is very effective but difficult to do. Bards have a 40% exp penalty that is one reason they are complex as well as learning how to twist the right songs at the right time... I'm just now getting g the hang of weaving 4 songs and it's not easy.
Hopefully we shall see each other in game ... ----> sliren, vedre

iruinedyourday
09-23-2014, 03:22 AM
This game is so goooood! youll love it.