PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting

KronikFang
09-15-2014, 07:30 PM
its literally been ages since ive played and i really have no idea what im doing anymore i just started and dont remember if theres and quests or am i just supposed to kill and such its been that long... any help would be appreciated thanks in advance also if anyone wants to start with me thatd be cool also :)

Tunee
09-16-2014, 10:11 AM
I have just found that you have to hail an npc, then follow their chatter in chat window by typing a response using [whateveroption] that was in their chatter. I havent found out how to get quests to actually populate in my quest log though :( Otherwise, killing stuff works too!

Tunee

Beldon
09-16-2014, 11:23 AM
The Guides section of the Wiki will help out alot!

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

sykotic
09-16-2014, 01:07 PM
For a game named Everquest, it lacks quests compared to most modern MMOs.

The appeal of this game to me is the exclusion of handholding - just get a weapon and start swinging. Not a whole lot of quests

sox7d
09-16-2014, 01:47 PM
For a game named Everquest, it lacks quests compared to most modern MMOs.

The appeal of this game to me is the exclusion of handholding - just get a weapon and start swinging. Not a whole lot of quests

Just because other games call "Collect 15 crotchfruit from the forest of diks'uk yetis" for a mediocre item a "quest" doesn't make it more quest-oriented.

Kreylyn
09-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Just because other games call "Collect 15 crotchfruit from the forest of diks'uk yetis" for a mediocre item a "quest" doesn't make it more quest-oriented.

This!

Krey

sykotic
09-16-2014, 02:40 PM
The majority of players follow the questlines is all I'm sayin . If the game holds you back for not following them (XP isn't as fast; items) that, in my opinion makes it quest oriented.

The fact that EQ doesn't do this is in my eyes one of the most appealing factors.