PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone !

Raszul
09-14-2014, 04:57 PM
Yay, hello everyone :D

I just found Project 1999 accidently, and decided to give it a shot.

About me:

I`m a european player from Germany, and I played EQ back in 1999 till 2002/3.
So after getting bored of games like WoW, GW2...a sneaky voice in my head was whispering something about "back to the roots, where it all began"..imagine nostalgic pictures into my mind of my Necro soloing 2 Rooms in Dungeons and my Monk kickin and feign deathin around!

So I downloaded EQ and start playing...Well it was dissapointing. Not starting in Neriak? What the hell is Gloamdeep...waaaah I wanna kill Halflings in Nectulos damn it. And head over to east commonlands tunnel to sell my HQ Stuff and buy me a Stein of Moggok!

Well...because there are so many expansions, noone is sitting in the classic zones. All that feeling I was looking for..didnt find it. But what I have found is... You! All you here :D
Old Graphic, only 2 Expansions, and a freakin overloading Chat in East Commons Yay :rolleyes:

But I have 2 Questions, I hope you can help me remember on the first one

1. Are there shared bank slots in Velious expansion? Or do I need to trade stuff to twinks with help of other players?

2. I am just downloading Titanium..but I found two...one with a size of 4.01 GB and one with 3.39GB, both Titanium EQ. Will they both work or is one of em the wrong one?

Okay...what else I could say? Oh yes.. my english is not the best I guess, specificly my grammar. I hope you are patient with me,here and ingame, if I ever make it trough the installing and get on the server finally :rolleyes:

Many Greetz and thank you so much for this Project!

Raszul

Mordyth
09-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Welcome to P1999.

No shared bank account on classic servers, you can generally find trustworthy people to to xfers with.

Raszul
09-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Welcome to P1999.

No shared bank account on classic servers, you can generally find trustworthy people to to xfers with.

Okay as I thought, thx.

What about the two Titanium Versions? Is there any issues of getting the bigger or the smaller one?

eqgmrdbz
09-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Aye no shared bank slots, it is one thing i wouldnt mind having on p99, but generally if you find someone high level from an elite guild, there should be no danger that they will want your stuff. I will be glad to help trade your things.

Someone usually posts a link to a good version of Titanium, i do not remember where i got mine, but i burned it on a DVD, so i would not lose it. There have been issues with some Files having viruses, or not working after install. I hope yours works and you can begin to enjoy the p99 experience.

Alarmed_Ferret
09-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Yay, hello everyone :D

I just found Project 1999 accidently, and decided to give it a shot.

About me:

I`m a european player from Germany, and I played EQ back in 1999 till 2002/3.
So after getting bored of games like WoW, GW2...a sneaky voice in my head was whispering something about "back to the roots, where it all began"..imagine nostalgic pictures into my mind of my Necro soloing 2 Rooms in Dungeons and my Monk kickin and feign deathin around!

So I downloaded EQ and start playing...Well it was dissapointing. Not starting in Neriak? What the hell is Gloamdeep...waaaah I wanna kill Halflings in Nectulos damn it. And head over to east commonlands tunnel to sell my HQ Stuff and buy me a Stein of Moggok!

Well...because there are so many expansions, noone is sitting in the classic zones. All that feeling I was looking for..didnt find it. But what I have found is... You! All you here :D
Old Graphic, only 2 Expansions, and a freakin overloading Chat in East Commons Yay :rolleyes:

But I have 2 Questions, I hope you can help me remember on the first one

1. Are there shared bank slots in Velious expansion? Or do I need to trade stuff to twinks with help of other players?

2. I am just downloading Titanium..but I found two...one with a size of 4.01 GB and one with 3.39GB, both Titanium EQ. Will they both work or is one of em the wrong one?

Okay...what else I could say? Oh yes.. my english is not the best I guess, specificly my grammar. I hope you are patient with me,here and ingame, if I ever make it trough the installing and get on the server finally :rolleyes:

Many Greetz and thank you so much for this Project!

Raszul

The one I got was less than 4 gigs, so I'd say the first one :)

trigsta
09-15-2014, 02:23 AM
Aslong as ur not on red u should be alright with transfers

Clark
09-15-2014, 02:56 AM
Welcome to the server good post too :)

Aveenia
09-15-2014, 04:07 AM
Willkommen auf p99!

chayes
09-15-2014, 09:04 AM
I got my version of Titanium from the .com that is known for the "Jolly Roger" (think we're not supposed to talk about that place)
It had some spyware/adware attached that auto installed (when titanium installed) and changed settings on IE/Moz/& Chrome. Took me like 20 mins to remove- but all is well.

Raszul
09-15-2014, 10:35 AM
hey there.. THX all for the welcome ;.)

Yeah in the moment I finally got the point on all the pirates and bays and org pictures in here, Im halfway done downloading from wherelese with a different size haha.
But all good, I just had to convert some .cua files into .iso

So I can come online, but at the moment I´m looking to fix some heavy problems with the resolution and this FREAKIN WINDOW MODE ARRGH.

Is there no chance to just DISABLE Windowmodus? I just want goin on DESK if I press WIN Button, and if I go back ingame I want a fullscreen :-/

At the moment things happen like, I`m goin desk, goin back to EQ: resolution changed, my mouse clicks on totaly wrong places and not there where I am pointing at..
Even if I start EQ, its goin winmode itselfs for no reason.

sykotic
09-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Are you using any sort of 3rd party program to make the window borderless? I was using one and it threw off my mouse in a major way. Just turned off window snap and drug the top part of the window beyond the range of the monitor is all I ended up doing.

Grimjaw
09-15-2014, 01:19 PM
I suggest using WinEQ2 free program for window mode issues

Raszul
09-15-2014, 01:25 PM
I suggest using WinEQ2 free program for window mode issues

Okay will try this out.

Now I got another Prob, can`t activate the target ring. if I push the button it will not hold. What can I do on that? tried /indicator on but doesent work

bulbousaur
09-15-2014, 06:34 PM
There is no target ring in P99, it's been disabled, along with compass and maps.