PDA

View Full Version : Bard PvP, level 30ish, strats?

mischief419
09-14-2014, 05:04 AM
Hi guys,

So what's "the perfect PvP song list" to have on your spellbar when prepped for PvP?

The DOT's seem REALLY underpowered.... so I'm often confused HOW to pvp as a bard.

Vs a purecaster, I can just spam Crission's Pixie Strike and nothing else (or any other strats? The resist song doesnt seem worth it vs another pixie strike).

I tried instruments, and the output is sad in pvp for the dots, even when stacked. I may as well be using a rusty mace compared to that dmg output in pvp (instruments don't seem to be considered in pvp for extra dmg, but I asked that in another thread above).

Anyway, seeking IDEAL song slots, and IDEAL strategy vs a variety of class types -- what you guys got?

Is it worth getting jboots as a bard?

Bazia
09-14-2014, 05:06 AM
2nd thread complaining about bard dots 5th thread complaining about bards

we get it dude for some retarded reason you dont think bards are good enuff in pvp

mischief419
09-14-2014, 05:10 AM

we get it dude for some retarded reason you dont think bards are good enuff in pvp

2324th thread trolling with irrelevant information, and.. oh, no posts relative to topic hmm.. you should really reconsider the use of your spare time. .....wait wtf 2324 threads? Lol. You. You're probably one of the ones scaring away the blue guys trying out red for first time. Gtfo.

Last post point was to address bard dots with instruments,
This post is looking for bard pvp strats. People are nuking me for hundreds of damage while I'm doing as much dmg as an orc pawn with my best damage songs.

L2read

georgie
09-14-2014, 10:02 AM
sike that's the wrong number

rollin5k
09-14-2014, 10:30 AM
i think your supposed to melee

Swyft
09-14-2014, 10:44 AM
You suck until 55, said it quite a few times your PVP strategy pre chants, is called run. Post chant...chant...chant run.

That's it till 55...lol that's the class. Be lucky on Live chants didn't even land in this era.

kprobe
09-14-2014, 11:14 AM
Bard isn't good for 1v1 pvp before epic. You can exert zone control from around 38ish but you will probably not get any YTs. If you are really good you can use mobs to kill people, but a single root can mess you up on that front. Group pvp though, thats a different story.

Darksinga
09-14-2014, 11:38 AM
run with a pure melee and play selos + ele rhythm + guardian rhythm.

Can't dot til your 40s honestly with fire/cold dots, fulfill's lands 1/2 the time.

Then as stated previously, don't melee in pvp til you get an epic and can stun with denon's.

Kamid
09-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Stun auto attack, stun autoattack, stun autoattack. Played a bard on live on RZ I would lock down noobs with no MR with that mez/stun song would time it to auto attack right before the song landed, basically stun locks them. It was pretty OP.

iiNGloriouS
09-14-2014, 01:28 PM
You won't be doing anything til you get both Tuyen's chants then at that point you just hope to catch them out in the middle of the zone, snare them and spam dots til they die. Run into casting range to channel ur dot, start running out of range, land the dot, dodge nukes.

Clark
09-15-2014, 03:21 AM

Be nice grandpa.

Heyitsme
09-15-2014, 09:16 AM
2324th thread trolling with irrelevant information

Signed, from Russia with love, Bazia

Concave
09-15-2014, 09:56 AM
You suck until 55, said it quite a few times your PVP strategy pre chants, is called run. Post chant...chant...chant run.

That's it till 55...lol that's the class. Be lucky on Live chants didn't even land in this era.

Yeah, this.

The frustration of not being able to kill anyone with a bard is balanced by no one being able to kill a bard. That chants land at all on Red99 is more than bards ever got in classic.

Bards have never had any decent burst DPS, which is essentially what you need to gank people. Denon's Desperate Dirge in your 40s is a tiny one-off nuke, and you can ameliorate the problem somewhat with creative charming, but for the most part you accepted not ganking people as soon as you picked Bard. Clerics and Enchanters have to deal with essentially the same situation.

xblade724
09-15-2014, 10:02 AM
I noticed I can't charm pets.... what's up with this ? Is this bug or normal?

Concave
09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
Normal. Pets weren't charmable on Live. You had to Snare/Fear/Root/Kill them.

Drakaris
09-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Bards with Selos + resist songs are unkillable or pretty close to it.

Plus in group pvp, the group with a good bard at its core will most certainly destroy the group without one .

They simple aren't a solo pvp class but they do more damage than they did on live due to chants landing

HippoNipple
09-15-2014, 05:21 PM
Go kill shit and stop worrying about it. PvP later.