PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game

Alarmed_Ferret
09-13-2014, 09:35 PM
So, I just got back into Everquest after having not played it since I was about 9 years old. I have made four characters so far because I keep making silly mistakes. First character fell to his death from the tree-top town. Rage quit. Second character went the wrong way and before I figured out I was in a high level area, I was dead. Scrubbed that character. Third character fell into the lake in Rivervale. Piranha got me. After all these deaths, I just want to say...

I'm having a blast! Just started a Halfling Druid, hit level 2, and I'm really enjoying myself.

Why did I delete those characters that died? Well, I felt like making them 'hardcore' characters, that, since I died before even leveling, aren't deserving of being played at all.

Mordyth
09-14-2014, 08:03 PM
Lol. At what level do you stop being "hardcore" and start being a real character?

eqgmrdbz
09-14-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm having a blast! Just started a Halfling Druid, hit level 2, and I'm really enjoying myself.

Why did I delete those characters that died? Well, I felt like making them 'hardcore' characters, that, since I died before even leveling, aren't deserving of being played at all.

This is what im talking about, a game has no meaning if it hasnt made you earn your fun.

Alarmed_Ferret
09-15-2014, 12:51 AM
Lol. At what level do you stop being "hardcore" and start being a real character?

Well, the answer is now three. I am now playing Rhoana the Halfling Druid. She's about halfway to 4 and I'm enjoying myself :)

Stormlight
09-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Welcome! I like your forum name and enjoyed hearing about your "hardcore" characters. Their deeds of valor will be remembered. *grins*

Alarmed_Ferret
09-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Welcome! I like your forum name and enjoyed hearing about your "hardcore" characters. Their deeds of valor will be remembered. *grins*

All shall remember the great druid Rhoana! For she shall be legend.

Sanyon
09-17-2014, 09:53 AM
I like that you are playing a druid. I came back roughly 2 months ago and went shaman to 9, enc to 4, druid currently 25, and now a Rogue (which im having a blast on) at 16.

Now Ive been reading posts on these forums in all sections and I see Epic rogues only get groups... druids past 50 dont get groups yadda yadda.. But i am renewed nub (played from 99 until PoP originally)...Ive earned almost all of my stuff...a few kind people have donated items to me, recently a kind RANGER (YES!!) came into BB and gave me a Harpoon of the Depths out of nowhere and made my weekend. So I say welcome to the server and Have fun on your Druid.. I will be looking for ports eventually :)

lostclover
09-18-2014, 08:08 PM
First character fell to his death from the tree-top town. Rage quit.

This is exactly how I started in original EverQuest. Then my second character was a Dark Elf and I couldn't find my way out of Neriak. I kept getting lost and ending up in the necro guild. Finally I started half-elf in freeport and figured things out. :)

Phat_Paul
09-19-2014, 01:32 AM
The one thing I love about EQ in the early days, it was unforgiving, it did not hold your hand to get you through the first stages. It tied a porkchop around your neck and tossed you to the wolves. It is a shame you won't have games like this anymore.

Sidelle
09-19-2014, 03:02 AM
Ahh. My first time as a baby druid in CB. Someone yells "train!" and runs by with an army of orc legionnaires. I tried to run, but fell in the water and couldn't figure out how to get out in my frenzy of panic. The legos came back and I swear to god they were laughing at me. Yeah, I died with no dignity that day. Bastard orcs.

Good times. :)

Trades'n'Stuff
09-19-2014, 11:50 AM
I also loved the unforgiving aspect of original EQ, and the fact that it took real exploring and trial/error for people to figure out about quests. I'm pretty sure the devs said there were multiple quests in the original game that nobody ever figured out about.

Augor
09-20-2014, 08:36 PM
I too have only recently started on the server. I had never played EQ on live, ever, so this is a whole new, and fun experience for me.

I'm a level six bard named Lenniel, if you run by me and want to group, I'm always more than willing. :D