PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Warrior Bugs

Tenudil
12-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Berseker frenzy should have a +str component to it. Not sure of the exact value, but it was something like a 10% modifier or +10 or +15. Also I seem to remember it starting when you are under 40% health and remained until you were healed above 45% health. Currently I think it starts at 35% and you lose it as soon as your go back above 35%.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18412&highlight=berserker

Strength in general doesn't seem to affect your max dmg as much as it should, at least at the values I've been able to obtain. The formula for max dmg on your primary hand was [((Weapon Skill + Strength)/100) * (DMG)) + (Level Damage Bonus)]. This likely isn't that big of a deal overall though since hits over your magic number of 2 * weap dmg only accounted for a few percent of your total number of hits (assuming atk does move the avg range of hits between your min hit and magic number hit). I believe this is where most of the complaints about there being a hybrid dmg cap are from which I don't believe is the actual case.

Another relatively minor thing. Slam seems to do more dmg then i remember already at lvl 29, especially considering i don't think str is affecting it. There is a graph from a lvl 46 warrior showing bash working as 6 dmg weapon at that level. It already seems to be hitting for a max of 18 for me.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1541

The Taunt skill is by far the biggest thing broken with warriors right now. I haven't been able to find any parses of taunt's effectiveness and what cons it worked on for anything before POP to back this up however. It works better at 29 then it did at lower levels, but is still much less effective then i remember it being. I was able to DW langseaxs untill around 30 in classic and be an adequate tank. Yes, SK's and rangers could pull agro off me at will if they were trying or not watching agro, but I could use the taunt skill and more often then not regain agro on a mob. At 29 with a FBSS, Obsidian Shatter and a Silvery War Axe i still cringe when trying to keep agro and prefer grouping with an SK or Pally and letting them tank which was never the case before. The skill currently seems to increase in effectiveness as you level and even cons and higher don't seem to be tauntable at all. I seem to remember the skill working consistently around 2/3 of the time from low levels on up. I also remember being able to taunt even cons and yellow/low red cons though with a greatly reduced chance of success, but it has been a long time and my memory isn't the greatest. I have found a parse from a lvl 65 in POP that shows a lvl 65 being able to taunt an even con and a lvl 1 60% of the time.

Hate from weapon dmg and procs seems pretty accurate from what i have seen.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8608&highlight=taunt+chance

Kentzman
01-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I can verify the warrior taunt issue. It is incredibly difficult for me to maintain aggro or gain it back. I would guess it is at least less than 1/2 as effective as it was.

Zallarenya
07-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Old thread, I know. I just wanted to verify the warrior berserker behavior may be broken, or at least the client isn't updated to reflect the stat change. The best I could find is this thread from 2007 on eqemu: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23648

I've been running with logging on, but my damage is so streaky to begin with, I don't think any parses would verify it's just a client issue or not.

Tenudil
03-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Year old bump since I've logged on and noticed berserker frenzy still doesn't work correctly and no commments from Dev's about it. Here is another post showing sub 35-39% health for it to start and you did not leave berseker frenzy until healed to 45%.

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-13825.html

nilbog
03-29-2011, 09:12 PM
Looking into this. Thanks.

runlvlzero
04-02-2011, 03:04 PM
beserk seemed to be fixed this patch =P looking allot better there!

nilbog
04-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Source developers fixed the berserk issue from 40-44%.

How about the strength component for berserker frenzy ? Is it exactly +10? Anyone that can test that would help.

Thanks.

Mardur
04-02-2011, 05:14 PM
With crit mods and some kind of self haste, you can mitigate a ton of damage from mobs 55 or lower when zerk. In fact you could get to a point where you're not losing HP. I do believe that if our crippling blows stun say up to 70 we'd be able to solo level 70 mobs with just crippling blows (but keep some potions around in case of bad luck, of course).

I don't really notice a stun component to my crippling blows, and definitely not a long enough stun that would allow me to mitigate most damage in frenzy mode.

Mardur
04-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Also this:

The game does not check for berserker frenzy/not in every possible second. It is quite possible to get hit below 39% or healed above 45% before the game checks your berserker status again.

depending on certain variables, you don't always come right out of berserk. I've had times when I got CH and stayed berserk for another 10 seconds.

It appears that berserker frenzy is supposed to only begin or wear off each tick update (allowing up to 6 seconds of frenzy after a CH if you're lucky, or delayed by 6 seconds once you are below 40% if you're unlucky), currently it will wear off immediately upon reaching or exceeding 45% hp or begin immediately upon reaching 39% hp.

Also I believe this "tick lag" is the cause of the discrepancy for when berserker frenzy is actually supposed to begin. Seems like 39% is spot on.