PDA

View Full Version : Old School Bristlebane player returning

Lenlacea
09-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Today was a day of nostalgia for me and brought back so many memories, including my years in EQ.
So I have resurrected my Barbie Shaman, Lenlacea, from my time on Bristlebane. She was created in 1999 and I retired her at various times after PoP and finally saying goodbye when OoW was released. I was on Bristlebane in various guilds; Lost Heroes, Black Thorn, and Circle of Legends under Falthorn. I retired her from raiding and left CoL right before becoming Time enabled due to RL/work demands and returned to Black Thorn as a part-time player until I drifted away.
Over the years I have played many other MMORPG's...the list is long..you name it, I essentially played it at some point. Though none have given that sense of community I felt in EQ on Bristlebane. Not sure if anyone I knew is here playing but one never knows :) feel free to look me up sometime. I am under the same name and can most likely be found dying in Everfrost at the moment naked and broke LOL...ahh the good ole' days have returned!!!

Maximius
09-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Welcome, og BBane here too. Classic -> Pop. Was in Dynasty in its hay day and had a lot of rl friends in CoL, CFu, and RoV. Finished in (I think) Legion of temptation before moving to another server with some other rl friends.

Also, there was a family guild (who's name escapes me, BDA's name reminds me of them) that had an annual rafting trip near me. I used to run into them all the time. Small world.

Anyway, welcome to p99. It's a great server.

Arkaan
09-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Welcome!

I played on BB from June 2000 until shortly after Luclin. I played again briefly during PoP.

I remember I logged on p99 a few times when they were first starting out. There would be maybe 4 ppl online. I didn't play much, though. I got a wizzie to level 5 or so. Then I played an Erudite Pally and I remember some GM giving me godly items, stats and XP. Nilbog got mad about that =) I didn't play on p99 for a while because it was just getting started and a lot of things weren't right at all.

Then a couple years ago I logged on again. I couldn't believe how much these guys had done. The amount of work and research in getting all of the quests and spells and factions in line must have been staggering.

Today P99 is pretty damn close to live classic. It is easy to forget that it's a recreation. I salute the team and am very appreciative of all their hard work, because I really love this game!

Arkaan [60 Sorcerer] (Human) <Bristlebane>

You know what I love most about P99? There is no sense of urgency! I'm not paying a monthly fee and so I am typically not "in a race" to get this level or that item. I spent the last few weeks grinding faction on my Erudite necro, just because! Without even trying to, I leveled from 16 to 30 =)

Happy hunting!

bulbousaur
09-15-2014, 06:32 PM
If you're curious about others from back in the day, check out the list of live players (wiki updated):

http://wiki.project1999.com/Player_List

Trelaboon
09-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Welcome to server! I was on Bristlbane from 1999-2002 as Cleet and Hugert. I switched from BB to join the Firiona Vie server where I spent the rest of my time on EQ Live.

Good having you!

Sidelle
09-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Hi and welcome to p99! :) It's always nice to see others from Bristlebane. Lots of great people on that server.

Lenlacea
09-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the link to the player list. Reading through the forum I recognize some names.
Maximius, your name is extremely familiar, did you play with that name on Bristlebane and were you a warrior? The spelling may have been slightly different but I had a friend who was a fellow shaman, Galory or maybe it was Chelsea (I knew both of them) and I swear I joined her duoing with a Maximius back in the day...my memory isn't quite what it was. Or maybe if you ever did any of Drrezz's pickup Hate raids? Aggh I wish I remembered better LOL

Lankypt1
09-17-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm new to project 1999 as well, it's good to see that there's quite a few Bristlebane refugees on. I'm a player from the early PoP days. I used to be a member of the Principal Lords of Light, a casual family-style guild that hasn't existed for a very long time. My fondest memories include the Naggy/Vox raids a bunch of <lvl50 people from all different guilds would get together just for the fun of it.

Frankly I was so young that almost nothing rings a bell about those days, but I'll keep an eye out for ya as I level up.

Ignis
09-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Welcome. I've been here on P99 off and on (RL comes first) since May. I was also on Bristlebane from a few months after launch till OoW. The P99 project is awsome and I salute those that have made it happen! On BB I was in the Claw of Nagafen. Ignis (Wizard) Ignishaut (Necro) and Aoton (Evil Erudite Cleric) and many other low level toons. Here on P99 you can find me on IgnisBB, Ignishaut or Aoton. :)

bulbousaur
09-19-2014, 12:54 PM
I was also in Claw of Nagafen! I think I remember your cleric character.

Necran
09-22-2014, 08:11 PM
Also formally of Bristlebane. Circle of Legends under Scullman... a few others. Hit me up in-game sometime! It's great being here.

loramin
09-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Welcome to P99, from another former BB-er. I played from Velious to LDoN, but only played in family guilds that I can't even remember the names of (I think one was something like Kiriath Arba).

My fondest memories include the Naggy/Vox raids a bunch of <lvl50 people from all different guilds would get together just for the fun of it.

I led one of those Vox raids and it was one of the most fun Everquest experiences I ever had. The fact that Red is starting to have pick-up dragon raids now is almost enough to make me want to play there.

Lenlacea
09-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Scullman! I remember you, man of legendary trains :) Any of the others lurking around here?
I app'd CoL when Bowdin left Lost Heroes..so I followed him. I currently play ESO with Togarth if you remember him.

Thiefboy777
09-27-2014, 07:54 AM
I still play on BB, Wayylon 100 Ranger.... classic to Velious, I was a DE Warrrior named Rizzen.

Ya this P99 is amazing, runs better than a Sony server haha.

Arturo Fuente
10-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Also formally of Bristlebane. Circle of Legends under Scullman... a few others. Hit me up in-game sometime! It's great being here.

Holy cow I found you!

/asspat

Samoht Farstrider
10-23-2014, 06:40 PM
I was on BB from launch until before OoW. Was in a few casual guilds and didnt really raid much. But I do recognize some of the names on that list.

Nukehard
10-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Played Pixn(Ogre SK) on BB, was in Seventh Cavalry, Claw of Nagafen, LoV, and Fu over the years -- dad was Ried(Barb. Shammy) nice to see some old BB folk!

Eptar
10-31-2014, 03:01 AM
BB refuge crew! My main was a ranger named Feldegast, and I played mostly from 99-02. Never made it into any fancy raid guilds due to being a kid at the time and my parents restricting my play time =P But I did found the guild Crimson Blade which was a satisfying experience despite never becoming an elite guild. P99 is the best, nostalgia overload every time I log in.

e: I also played a lot with a half elf war named Talic Moore and a erudite wizzy named Dravell Dethrax (both RL friends, Drav was definitely the most well known of us though)