PDA

View Full Version : Change Holocaust name

Pages : [1] 2

harnold
09-08-2014, 07:51 PM
There are many jewish survivors here on project1999 and it is insensitive to allow the guild name to be as such.

If this is allowed then why isnt the name "******" allowed? Why wouldnt "sand-******" be allowed?

The naming policy only applies to names? Naming a guild after one of the biggest tragedies in history is ok? This would not have happened on live, and if that were the case, the name "sand-******" may even be allowed

Rais
09-08-2014, 07:51 PM
I agree.

harnold
09-08-2014, 07:52 PM
If Holocaust is allowed to keep their name then I suggest you change my name to "******" once and for all

harnold
09-08-2014, 07:56 PM
jesus f christ GM'S

Zade
09-08-2014, 08:31 PM
If Holocaust is allowed to keep their name then I suggest you change my name to "******" once and for all

Sorry, the name you have chosen has been reserved by another player and is unavailable. Please choose again.

http://i.imgur.com/887uMrL.jpg

Elspeth
09-08-2014, 08:32 PM
hahaha

mtb tripper
09-08-2014, 08:33 PM
yeah man its not really fair, I petitioned for the name <Jonestown Massacre> and it was denied. What the fuck is the different in that and the holocaust?

mtb tripper
09-08-2014, 08:33 PM
yeah man its not really fair, I petitioned for the name <Jonestown Massacre> and it was denied. What the fuck is the difference in that and the holocaust?

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Yeah its only a coincidence that lots of racists call holocaust their home

loramin
09-08-2014, 08:49 PM
There are many jewish survivors here on project1999 and it is insensitive to allow the guild name to be as such.

Ok, I'm all for cultural sensitivity and all, but ... "there are many jewish survivors here on project1999"? Really? Our server has not just one, but many Holocaust survivors?

The Holocaust ended in 1945. If you were born just before the end of it you'd be 69 today. To even have a faint memory of it, you'd have to be like 75. While I'm sure we have a few older players on this server, I really doubt there are "many" players 75 or older on this server, let alone many (if any) who also had the misfortune to be born Jewish in Nazi Germany.

So, should we all be offended that some people want to compare their guild to the sickest bunch of torturers and murders ever to walk the face of the earth? Absolutely. But you don't need to make outrageous claims to make that point.

Derubael
09-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Posting in a troll thread.

But I've heard people bring this up as a legitimate concern, both on blue and red, so:

hol·o·caust
ˈhäləˌkôst,ˈhōlə-/Submit
noun
destruction or slaughter on a mass scale, especially caused by fire or nuclear war.
"a nuclear holocaust"
synonyms: cataclysm, disaster, catastrophe;

Entymology of the word Holocaust:
holocaust (n.) Look up holocaust at Dictionary.com
mid-13c., "sacrifice by fire, burnt offering," from Greek holokauston "a thing wholly burnt," neuter of holokaustos "burned whole," from holos "whole" (see holo-) + kaustos, verbal adjective of kaiein "to burn." Originally a Bible word for "burnt offerings," given wider sense of "massacre, destruction of a large number of persons" from 1833. The Holocaust "Nazi genocide of European Jews in World War II," first recorded 1957, earlier known in Hebrew as Shoah "catastrophe." The word itself was used in English in reference to Hitler's Jewish policies from 1942, but not as a proper name for them.
Auschwitz makes all too clear the principle that the human psyche can create meaning out of anything. [Robert Jay Lifton, "The Nazi Doctors"]

So the word has been around since at least the 13th Century AD.

It was not used to reference a "mass slaughter" until the mid 17th century.

It was finally used to define the slaughter of Jews and Hitler's policy against non-whites and "unacceptable" religions, but take note that this is "The Holocaust" which is an example of a holocaust, though by far the most well-known one.

To the handful of people I've met who actually do find that offensive, I hope that helps to broaden your understanding of the word. There can be arguments made that just about anything is offensive, because words only hold the meaning we ascribe to them. I think Holocaust is a great name for a PvP guild, and unless its members/leaders specifically start referencing it in a historical sense related to the slaughtering of Jews, we don't see any problem in letting it stay.

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah but its mainly a bunch of uneducated racists in holocaust, barring heartbrand who should know better, so what does that tell you

Infectious
09-08-2014, 09:20 PM
أنا أحب المحرقة

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 09:20 PM
I mean Casey, do i really need to elaborate

mostbitter
09-08-2014, 09:23 PM

But I've heard people bring this up as a legitimate concern, both on blue and red, so:

It was finally used to define the slaughter of Jews and Hitler's policy against non-whites and "unacceptable" religions, but take note that this is "The Holocaust" which is an example of a holocaust, though by far the most well-known one.

To the handful of people I've met who actually do find that offensive, I hope that helps to broaden your understanding of the word. There can be arguments made that just about anything is offensive, because words only hold the meaning we ascribe to them. I think Holocaust is a great name for a PvP guild, and unless its members/leaders specifically start referencing it in a historical sense related to the slaughtering of Jews, we don't see any problem in letting it stay.

what a loud of shit, awful intercourse used to mean you had a good time hanging out with someone once upon a time too but it sure as fuck doesn't today.

mostbitter
09-08-2014, 09:24 PM
id like you to go around and ask 100 people what that word means to them

Derubael
09-08-2014, 09:30 PM
id like you to go around and ask 100 people what that word means to them

I knew the word holocaust as it's actual meaning long before I learned of the WW2 genocide. It's a well-used term in writing, particularly science fiction.

Ignorance shouldn't lead to censorship, though it usually does.

Bazia
09-08-2014, 09:31 PM
if guild name was <The Holocaust> would be a different kind thing imo

holocaust was a word before the jew thing

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 09:35 PM
lol so if i start a guild called watermelon, fried chicken and nooses, with a bunch of racists, i guess it could be just a guild roleplaying fun times at the park playing rope swing during a picnic, it could be anything really!

mtb tripper
09-08-2014, 09:36 PM
أنا أحب المحرقة

http://islamport.com/d/1/aqd/1/121/345.html

harnold
09-08-2014, 09:38 PM
O.K. you piece of shit, this is america, and if you dont like it, get your sorry ass out of it!

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 09:40 PM
http://caseysfuckingcorner.webs.com/photos/frenziedkilla.jpg

You guys just dont have a sense of humor, he cant spell cotton, so hes a ******, lol right?

-Casey <Holocaust>

Mac Drettj
09-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Official request for <Faggots n Gravy>

Mac Drettj
09-08-2014, 09:47 PM
Frenziedkilla one of the all time great r99ers

Smilin hella hard

Nirgon
09-08-2014, 09:48 PM
if guild name was <The Holocaust> would be a different kind thing

Infectious
09-08-2014, 09:51 PM
lol so if i start a guild called watermelon, fried chicken and nooses, with a bunch of racists, i guess it could be just a guild roleplaying fun times at the park playing rope swing during a picnic, it could be anything really!

Hes saying if the guild was called, the jewish holocaust it would be different. Calm down.

quido
09-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Can I start <Faggots> please considering its established use in the English language?

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 09:53 PM
My argument still stands, holocaust filled with people like Casey

mostbitter
09-08-2014, 09:56 PM
I knew the word holocaust as it's actual meaning long before I learned of the WW2 genocide. It's a well-used term in writing, particularly science fiction.

Let me get this straight you're trying to convince me that because you happened to know that a word had another meaning before you learned what its common meaning was that it negates the legitimacy of the common use of the word? Like I said go poll one hundred strangers on what they think it means.

Infectious
09-08-2014, 09:57 PM
I would say <pack of fags> would be acceptable.

mostbitter
09-08-2014, 09:57 PM
****** is a noun in the English language. The word originated as a neutral term referring to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger ("color black").[1] Often used disparagingly, by the mid 20th century, particularly in the United States, it suggested that its target is extremely unsophisticated. Its usage had become unambiguously pejorative, a common ethnic slur usually directed at blacks of Sub-Saharan African descent.

hey guys how about that ****** is a neutral term because it started out that way

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 09:59 PM
http://bigpicture.typepad.com/writing/images/2007/07/05/fag.jpg

Yeah how about a guild called fags

Bazia
means to kill a bunch of people

good pvp server guild name

so many better trolls available than to pretend anyone actually cares about this

Azure
Sorry, the name you have chosen has been reserved by another player and is unavailable. Please choose again.

http://i.imgur.com/887uMrL.jpg

GMs fapped to this when it happened probably, Ban + Pixels = fap in a GMs book. Also, lol.

mostbitter
faggot1
/ˈfæɡət/
noun
a bundle of sticks or twigs, esp when bound together and used as fuel
a bundle of iron bars, esp a box formed by four pieces of wrought iron and filled with scrap to be forged into wrought iron
a ball of chopped meat, usually pork liver, bound with herbs and bread and eaten fried

also not offensive keep trying

loramin
09-08-2014, 10:01 PM

Deru I gotta disagree with you on this one: when I say "faggot" do you think "bundle of sticks", cigarette, or a derogatory term for homosexuals? Why should we censor a perfectly good word for a bundle of sticks, just because a bunch of homophobes mis-use it? Because like it or not, those homophobes have changed the meaning of the word.

The word "holocaust" used to just mean massive fire/death. Then a bunch of assholes in Germany came along and gassed/cremated of 6 million people. Now, "holocaust" has a new meaning, and that is The Holocaust (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/holocaust). Like it or not, that is the reality of the English language.

But at the end of the day though, who cares? Let the dictionary say what it wants, we can use words however we want right? Sure, but the only problem with that is that language is based on consensus, and if you don't adhere to that consensus, you risk miscomunicating. In this case, the miscomunication you're risking is people thinking that you condone naming a guild after the heinous murderers of 6 million people.

TLDR;

So, whatever your views on language, do you really want people misunderstanding that P99 supports the celebration of 6 million people's deaths? That's the only question that matters, not what the word used to mean, or what it means to you personally.

Azure
09-08-2014, 10:02 PM
I think holocost is generally considered offensive by the internet community for a name.

mostbitter
honestly im a big boy and i can handle holocaust and blacks being guilds on the server but don't fucking pretend like this is something it isn't

Heyitsme
How about <Fucking boobs> boob as in fucking mistakes, or fucking stupid persons

Nirgon
09-08-2014, 10:03 PM
My argument still stands

No, Derubael already took care of it

Mac Drettj
09-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Deru I gotta disagree with you on this one: when I say "faggot" do you think "bundle of sticks", cigarette, or a derogatory term for homosexuals? Why should we censor a perfectly good word for a bundle of sticks, just because a bunch of homophobes mis-use it? Because like it or not, those homophobes have changed the meaning of the word.

The word "holocaust" used to just mean massive fire/death. Then a bunch of assholes in Germany came along and gassed/cremated of 6 million people. Now, "holocaust" has a new meaning, and that is The Holocaust (http://www.dictionary.com/browse/holocaust). Like it or not, that is the reality of the English language.

But at the end of the day though, who cares? Let the dictionary say what it wants, we can use words however we want right? Sure, but the only problem with that is that language is based on consensus, and if you don't adhere to that consensus, you risk miscomunicating. In this case, the miscomunication you're risking is people thinking that you condone naming a guild after the heinous murderers of 6 million people.

TLDR;

So, whatever your views on language, do you really want people misunderstanding that P99 supports the celebration of 6 million people's deaths? That's the only question that matters, not what the word used to mean, or what it means to you personally.

Shut up

Internet

Real life

mostbitter
09-08-2014, 10:05 PM
if this was rl i think i'd have popped off on someones teeth by now. nothing worse than a bunch of white cunts being racist cus they think no one will care

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Or <Large black cocks>

http://www.agraria.org/gallonero/razze/livornese_gallo.JPG

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:07 PM
<Reverse cowgirls>

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/fe/febff8bec5c798d80d511b543c43b142349f2e3f02f058e7da 1f570abf79f019.jpg

loramin
09-08-2014, 10:09 PM
Shut up

Internet

Real life

And in real life, if you told someone that you're in a guild called "Holocaust", what are the real chances that they'd think you're a white supremacist? Words communicate meaning, and being in "Holocaust" communicates something (that you want to belong to something that means the deaths of 6 million people).

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:09 PM
<Cock gaggers>

Like people who dont like chicken

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:12 PM
<Screw my box>

People whos mailboxes fall apart all the time

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:14 PM
honestly im a big boy and i can handle holocaust and blacks being guilds on the server but don't fucking pretend like this is something it isn't

Thats my stance as well, holocaust is a guild filled with racists, we all know what they mean, just puhlease with the lawyering.

Azure
09-08-2014, 10:14 PM
I am VERY VERY VERY sad there is not a poll on this thread. :(

Mac Drettj
09-08-2014, 10:25 PM
<Trannies from Blue>

Mechanics guild originating from Blue99

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:26 PM
<My Dick so hard>

A guild me and my buddy Dick started, he went through tough times and came out on top

LostCause
09-08-2014, 10:28 PM
more lucky then exploit.

Mac Drettj
09-08-2014, 10:30 PM
<Bangers and Mash>

guild for deviant homosexuals that enjoy smashing their nuts

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:31 PM
<Stuff my turkey>

Thanksgiving themed guild

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 10:34 PM
<Mainlining Heroin'>

Taking the direct course to doing some heroic stuff

Supreme
09-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Jews in Holocaust?

Grandparents must be so proud!

Azure
09-08-2014, 10:56 PM
You can order black beans instead of ... that meat stuff at taco bell btw Supreme. It's fucking ballller.

Azure
09-08-2014, 10:57 PM
As a replacement. Like for vegetarians. Or people who don't like to eat crazy greasey meat sauce all the damn time.

Azure
09-08-2014, 10:57 PM
It probably tastes better too.

Mac Drettj
09-08-2014, 11:08 PM
http://www.likesharetweet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/gymnist.jpg

Haynar
09-08-2014, 11:09 PM
40 years ago, there would be no discussion.

As events of our past get further behind, they tend to have less meaning to new generations.

That is also why history tends to repeat itself.

I could go either way. If I were Jewish or German, that would be different.

Was the guild name chosen as such to be controversial? You betcha.

H

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Are there a bunch of racists in holocaust who think ****** lynching jokes are funny?

You betcha

Pokesan
09-08-2014, 11:13 PM
lol at derubael thinking it is perfectly fine to use the name holocaust for your guild in a game about killing people

keep banning 'faggot' though, you're clearly not insane and/or dumb as shit

Infectious
09-08-2014, 11:15 PM
<Fucked on your anus> The rocket ran out of fuel, Im stuck on a planet.

pgerman
09-08-2014, 11:29 PM
im jewish and german, and don't care, not in holocaust ether

pretty much everyone on the server trys to troll eachother into RL suicide on a daily basis. ...........

gotta just sit back and laugh , enjoy it

Manufactured "mad" that eq can generate is what makes it so fun, everyone knows that.

Heyitsme
09-08-2014, 11:41 PM
<Meat Rocket to Uranus>

Obsure scifi B-movie from the 50s with a large cult following

Gaffin 7.0
09-08-2014, 11:44 PM
omg who cares

Wipe it Clean
09-08-2014, 11:46 PM
I care, <Wipe it>

mostbitter
09-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Holocaust refers to the Holocaust of VZTZ, where our beloved box burnt to ashes and all our pixels drifted into the wind. Not the Jewish Holocaust.

LEARN TO READ YOU FUCKS.

not true, holocaust was a guild on vz/tz as well

runlvlzero
09-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Only legit guild that should be allowed at all on box is <Flowers of Happiness> Everyone else should be forced to join <Scrubs>

Buhbuh
09-08-2014, 11:55 PM
It's in jest, I'm sure, but the etymology of the word didn't start in 1939. It's not called The Holocaust. It's a word, and I've heard it used plenty of times outside of WW2 use.

Although you should see our banner in TS. It's tremendous. Lol.

Pokesan
09-08-2014, 11:57 PM
yes i bet the pre 1939 definition is whats being used in that guild name this is certainly the case

by the way, i'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and i like to kiss my own butt

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 12:00 AM
yes i bet the pre 1939 definition is whats being used in that guild name this is certainly the case

by the way, i'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and i like to kiss my own butt

Doors
09-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Naw.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 12:07 AM
What does google think?

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 12:07 AM
100s of pages all about killing jews

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 12:09 AM
<Fucking Zebras> (Damn referees)

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 12:11 AM

That was probably the greatest phone call to Moe's bar ever.

But there's room for doubt. Sort of. I mean if you know the players, there's no room for doubt, but it's an easily defensible case if GMs came after them over the name.

"The Holocaust" would just be blatant.

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 12:12 AM
<Condoning domestic violence>

A clever play on words describing this type of shirt

http://richardkane.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/wifebeater.jpg

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 12:19 AM
100s of pages all about killing jews

No shit, it's been attributed to the events of WW2 for 7 decades. Notice the Wikipedia link telling you it has Greek origins?

Read a book. It can be used in other ways. It's just delicate and sparsely used now because it's difficult to extricate its literal meaning from the events of WW2.

I'm not defending my guild necessarily. They aren't the delicate types. But if you want to get into semantics...

Gaffin 7.0
09-09-2014, 12:20 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2n4o6o.gif

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 12:24 AM
We should be renamed Pathetic Virgin Nerds.

Not_Kazowi
09-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Holocaust

-noun

a great or complete devastation or destruction, especially by fire.

It's just a word bro, just like civil war. You may think American civil war but many other countries have had them. Holocaust is not only specific to what happened during world war 2. If we were trying to play it off as that then I would understand but we are just using it as the word.

Thanks for your concern tho

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 12:25 AM
No shit, it's been attributed to the events of WW2 for 7 decades. Notice the Wikipedia link telling you it has Greek origins?

Read a book. It can be used in other ways. It's just delicate and sparsely used now because it's difficult to extricate its literal meaning from the events of WW2.

I'm not defending my guild necessarily. They aren't the delicate types. But if you want to get into semantics...

You are defending your guild. Can it be any clearer that Holocaust harbors hardcore racists like Casey? If jokes were made from Holocaust members about the name, being ironic and making fun of racism, allrite. But its totally not like that, lots of holos are full on haha ****** on a rope racist.

Colgate
09-09-2014, 12:32 AM
since when did casey join holocaust?

heartbrand
09-09-2014, 12:36 AM
To be honest I don't really think anyone has made racist jokes in holo, but shrug its the interwebs so I'm sure someone has dropped some n bombs

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 01:06 AM

did u see my posts about ****** and faggot having different meanings too???? Why are those words so offensive today even though they meant different things x years ago???? Maybe you missed this other dudes more eloquent post too while you found yourself admiring how cleverly you disguised defending your guild.

TLDR;

Still not convinced? Go ask 10 people what the word "holocaust" means to them. I hit ten people when I picked up a pizza tonight and they all referenced the atrocities of WW2.

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 01:13 AM
since when did casey join holocaust?

He was in at some point, and he wasnt a pariah for his racist antics, on the contrary it boosted its FQ status among his holo peers.

Colgate
09-09-2014, 01:17 AM
i love casey

you're being a massive ******faggot right now

mtb tripper
09-09-2014, 01:17 AM
did u see my posts about ****** and faggot having different meanings too???? Why are those words so offensive today even though they meant different things x years ago???? Maybe you missed this other dudes more eloquent post too while you found yourself admiring how cleverly you disguised defending your guild.

Still not convinced? Go ask 10 people what the word "holocaust" means to them. I hit ten people when I picked up a pizza tonight and they all referenced the atrocities of WW2.

Valid point

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 01:18 AM
i love casey

you're being a massive ******faggot right now

Rest my case

georgie
09-09-2014, 01:21 AM
yeah this was discussed around launch when some guild was butt hurt. then some GM chimed in that there will be no guild name delete because it's a word and not just an era of racial massacre

Pokesan
09-09-2014, 01:27 AM
yeah this was discussed around launch when some guild was butt hurt. then some GM chimed in that there will be no guild name delete because it's a word and not just an era of racial massacre

lol

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Actually the common use for faggot and ****** among people here don't suggest purely racist or insensitive viewpoints, they're used mostly to denote when someone is being a dipshit, moron, piece of shit, or complete tool, which is somewhat akin to a Louis CK bit.

Casey is absolutely racist, though. He has a character name saved on one of his accounts "Semencoverednig." And some of our guildmates are racist, too. Not necessarily to Jewish people. I think the guild name is more to troll than anything else. The majority of this guild is filled with master trolls.

But no, I'm not defending my guild. I actually would prefer another name.

I'm just illuminating the ways our guild can LawyerQuest the fuck out of the abolishment of using a word as a guild name.

If this were Blue99, a guild could defend that they're creating awareness about an unforgettable tragedy for those people who try to deny it ever happened, or something. It's retarded, but who knows. I'm just thinking of how one might Lawyer Quest it.

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:02 AM
Actually the common use for faggot and ****** among people here don't suggest purely racist or insensitive viewpoints, they're used mostly to denote when someone is being a dipshit, moron, piece of shit, or complete tool, which is somewhat akin to a Louis CK bit.

Well theyre using a derogatory term for black people to denote perceived stupidity, etc... its not purely racist, but theres no way around the fact that its at the very least not giving a shit about racism's consequence on society and perpetuating hatred. Most of the times, like 98% of the times (super scientific claim here) those people are plain racist and hateful and when called out on it, equal opportunity hater blablabla insert bullshit here.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:04 AM

Casey is absolutely racist, though. He has a character name saved on one of his accounts "Semencoverednig." And some of our guildmates are racist, too. Not necessarily to Jewish people. I think the guild name is more to troll than anything else. The majority of this guild is filled with master trolls.

But no, I'm not defending my guild. I actually would prefer another name.

I'm just illuminating the ways our guild can LawyerQuest the fuck out of the abolishment of using a word as a guild name.

If this were Blue99, a guild could defend that they're creating awareness about an unforgettable tragedy for those people who try to deny it ever happened, or something. It's retarded, but who knows. I'm just thinking of how one might Lawyer Quest it.

i know you think you did good but you done fucked up. The point isn't if you think some people use faggot or ****** to be insensitive to the specific group those words represent or not. You know that they don't mean the same thing they meant when they first began being used.

Colgate
r u saying no one can use these words because of the definition you're attributing to them?

sounds like you're inherently racist and unable to view these words in any other way

Mac Drettj
Buhbuh is a derogatory word referring to the stereotypical big lipped dumb southern black male depicted in the great American classic, Forest Gump.

Nice try troll.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:06 AM
i'm saying that no one should believe your bull shit story about having no intentions of referencing genocide. say whatever you want

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:07 AM
r u saying no one can use these words because of the definition you're attributing to them?

sounds like you're inherently racist and unable to view these words in any other way

I can start calling birds horses if i want, people arent gonna take me seriously though, just like when you claim youre not using the word ****** in a racist way.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:07 AM

If this is allowed then why isnt the name "******" allowed? Why wouldnt "sand-******" be allowed?

The naming policy only applies to names? Naming a guild after one of the biggest tragedies in history is ok? This would not have happened on live, and if that were the case, the name "sand-******" may even be allowed

Holocaust is a word meaning the apocalypse it does not solely refer to events of WW2...petition denied.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:10 AM
Hence the term Nuclear holocaust but....

ho·lo·caust noun \ˈhō-lə-ˌkȯst, ˈhä- also -ˌkäst or ˈhȯ-lə-kȯst\

: an event or situation in which many people are killed and many things are destroyed especially by fire

encase you didn't dictionary

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:13 AM
Yeah im pretty sure thats the kind of holocaust people like casey have in mind

Xantille
09-09-2014, 02:16 AM
holocaust is a peaceful guild. shut the fuck up.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:17 AM
Yeah im pretty sure thats the kind of holocaust people like casey have in mind

Irrelevant, the term Holocaust is a word in the english language is was chosen to associate with the events of WW2 because of the meaning of the word Holocaust. The word was not invented for WW2 it existed prior to WW2 and has can be used outside of referencing WW2.

So hence it cannot be considered a name violation according to TOS.

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:18 AM
I dont give a shit about name violations, im not trying to get holocaust to lose its name. Im saying theyre a bunch of racists and should just embrace that.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:19 AM
I dont give a shit about name violations, im not trying to get holocaust to lose its name. Im saying theyre a bunch of racists and should just embrace that.

Irrelevant

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:24 AM
Youre irrelevant turd-for-brains

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:26 AM
Youre irrelevant turd-for-brains

https://www2.kleenex.com/flu/Content/images/KleenexBox_timeOver.png

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:28 AM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/60/43/4a/60434a55c1f9cbd6d5a48359e0695d8d.jpg

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:29 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/t0r5UOH5VKY/maxresdefault.jpg

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:29 AM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m69ze4E6Rk1r317bvo1_500.gif

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 02:31 AM
Casey is in Azrael, and I doubt he had a hand in the name.

Max, you're arguing about something insignificant because you lack the proof to show what you're claiming.

I'm arguing that there are about a dozen different ways to defend the use of the word on this server as a guild name, none of which I'd personally choose to invoke, but ways nonetheless.

If anyone has fucked up, it's you. The burden of proof isn't on my shoulders. You're the one making assertions, and all you've done so far is show that the first thing anyone thinks of when they hear that word is the atrocities from WW2. What you lack is being able to properly contextualize why it is a name bent on trolling and ultimately making light of a terrible thing.

Basically, you have no lasting proof to defend or prove yourself in a way that GM's will deem it serious, so shut the fuck up already.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:32 AM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m69ze4E6Rk1r317bvo1_500.gif

Irrelevant

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Youre white trash, is that still irrelevant

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 02:39 AM
Still casey was at some point in Holocaust, and had this KKK newsletter and it never was a problem, and if im not mistaken Holo now is a bunch of old holos.

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 02:41 AM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Still casey was at some point in Holocaust, and had this KKK newsletter and it never was a problem, and if im not mistaken Holo now is a bunch of old holos.

Irrelevant

Colgate
09-09-2014, 02:54 AM
dis guy is real rustled

Swyft
09-09-2014, 03:16 AM
dis guy is real rustled

it's like running a touchdown when the other team are midgets, almost not fun.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Max, you're arguing about something insignificant because you lack the proof to show what you're claiming.

I posted the proof, and you admitted that you agree that most people hear the word and think of ww2 and the genocide that happened. You just keep arguing because I don't think you want to admit how shitty it is of you all to be running around with that tag. I stated earlier I can handle it, I just don't think you guys need to be on the forum getting STAFF involved in parroting this bull shit about it having nothing to do with that because it makes the whole fucking community look like dog shit.

Azure
09-09-2014, 09:12 AM
I see '******' as purely a lifestyle choice involving using the system for what it is and not working to damn fucking hard for the man, and smoking some weed.

I think that definition could be applied equally to everyone including Casey himself. There-fore.

Not racist today.

SamwiseRed
09-09-2014, 09:16 AM
i am offended by things i read on the interwebs

calling the fbi

reported

Azure
09-09-2014, 09:25 AM
i am offended by things i read on the interwebs

calling the fbi

reported

2 late I already downloaded and isntalled 10 different versions of the 3 letter agencies tracking and monitoring software on my computer like 5 mins after a fresh install of windows, well it came with a few backdoors already. But U know i want to facilitate the patriotic defenders of our freedom to say or think what we want about words like ****** and holocaust.

I still find holocaust very offensive.

Azure
09-09-2014, 09:28 AM
You guyz realize Java, and Flash and any browser using https:/ssl are like the most vulnerable peices of software vs the government agencies and anyone who creates accounts with hotmail, gmail, aol, get their password hashes uploaded into a fun happy database and that basically your personal online history is only a phone call away. And most of it happens on their end overseas because u know its totally cool to access those hash files on a server in like the UK for the terrorists and once they have this massive database of passwords and big corporations just chillin with them who kind of sort of sometimes pretend to be cool and protect our information (bullshit), u know they just toss the keys in their hand, then write mean letters to congress.

Azure
09-09-2014, 09:29 AM
#reality

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Im indifferent to racism

Call the "i dont give a shit im numb inside" division

LostCause
09-09-2014, 09:31 AM
<Gas Chambers>

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:33 AM
<Gas Chambers>

Good one, its for when you drink alot of orange juice and you start a fartorama in your house amirite

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:34 AM
<Cooking jews>

I love humus too

Azure
09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
garden salsa humus with garden flavored <Crackers> all the fuckin way

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
<Jew soap>

Dont usually buy stuff from Israel but cant really do without this

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:38 AM
<Concentration camps>

For people with ADD

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:39 AM
<Auschwitz>

Cuz its just a city

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:41 AM
<Jew ovens>

Hmmm bagels

Eslade
09-09-2014, 09:44 AM
<Kool Kids Klub>

Am I doing it right?

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:48 AM
<Dachau Ovens>

For lovers of german cuisine

Rhuobhe
09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
<Blackburrow Pizza>

Smedy
09-09-2014, 09:50 AM
heartbrand flying a holocaust tag is....... hmm... lets just hope his grandparents don't find out about this

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:53 AM
<Porch monkeys>

On a quiet summer night, having a beer on your porch with your monkey

Mac Drettj
09-09-2014, 09:55 AM
<Porch monkeys>

On a quiet summer night, having a beer on your porch with your monkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdVwt2deY4

dis_mornin
09-09-2014, 09:56 AM
Taking the Dan Snyder approach on this one....

dis_mornin
09-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Also don't appreciate being called an ignorant racist on some gaming forum s because of my elf game guild name... You should probably grow the fuck up and stop being conditioned by the liberal media to become overly sensitive to everything.

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 10:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdVwt2deY4

hahahahaha

Colgate is taking back the term ******, cuz hes cool like that

Azure
09-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Whats the difference between being barbaric and un civil and racist?

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Probably a world of difference considering they aren't synonyms and all have different definitions.

Mac Drettj
09-09-2014, 10:30 AM
just follow your heart

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 10:41 AM
I posted the proof, and you admitted that you agree that most people hear the word and think of ww2 and the genocide that happened. You just keep arguing because I don't think you want to admit how shitty it is of you all to be running around with that tag. I stated earlier I can handle it, I just don't think you guys need to be on the forum getting STAFF involved in parroting this bull shit about it having nothing to do with that because it makes the whole fucking community look like dog shit.

You posted a bunch of ways for people to appeal to your emotion on the subject. Personally, I don't give a fuck how you feel, nor how ardently you and anyone else claims the guild is full of racists. It's a PvP server where massacres are not only acceptable, they're encouraged. It's a word, and if you feel genuinely offended by it when you see it, you are being way too sensitive. I saw plenty of guilds on live with similar words as guild names, and they were perfectly apt for the contexts of their environment.

You're witch hunting and everyone knows it.

heartbrand
09-09-2014, 10:42 AM
ya dunno holocaust clearly an incendiary guild name but who gives a fuck its the interwebs

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 10:44 AM
<Rwandan Genocide>

Cuz we like, kill people, get it

derpcake
09-09-2014, 11:26 AM

You are arguing semantics over a word which most of the educated people will conect to the genocide of jews.

I guess you can't be to careful right, wouldn't want to lose them precious players and their resounding guildname.

Poor show, just my 2 cp.

derpcake
09-09-2014, 11:30 AM
I don't get why you ban people for using the word "faggot", which these days is still used in England to name a type of meatball, but you don't namechange a guild named holocaust.

Both terms are equally classy.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 11:40 AM
You posted a bunch of ways for people to appeal to your emotion on the subject. Personally, I don't give a fuck how you feel, nor how ardently you and anyone else claims the guild is full of racists. It's a PvP server where massacres are not only acceptable, they're encouraged. It's a word, and if you feel genuinely offended by it when you see it, you are being way too sensitive. I saw plenty of guilds on live with similar words as guild names, and they were perfectly apt for the contexts of their environment.

You're witch hunting and everyone knows it.

I don't think it makes anyone a racist. I think it's in bad taste and clearly is going to remind people of the genocide of jews that took place in WW2. I also think it is real hypocritical that people take suspensions for dropping ****** or faggot yet you have a guild parading around remind people that jews have been targets of hatred and violence as if it's no big deal, and it goes so far as to even have the staff repeating that red herring that because it used to have a different meaning that the common usage of the modern era has no application and should be completely ignored.

You keep on defending it with red herrings as if you don't believe that it sends that message to everyone who sees it. That just makes you look biased and honestly in my opinion a fucking cunt.

harnold
09-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone want to join my guild "sand ******" because sand is just a word and ****** is just black people. It does not mean Indian. If holocaust is allowed then sand ****** should too

Eslade
09-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone want to join my guild "sand ******" because sand is just a word and ****** is just black people. It does not mean Indian. If holocaust is allowed then sand ****** should too

What are the requirements?

Greegon
09-09-2014, 12:29 PM
There are many jewish survivors here on project1999

IDK i somehow doubt anyone playing on p99 is that old

Azure
09-09-2014, 12:46 PM
This could easily be fixed by requiring guild submissions to be accompanied by an academic paper on:

1. the meaning of the guild name
2. the merits of the guild name
3. the history and etymology of the guild name
4. the mission and goals of the guild
5. full reports on the life and morals of all guild leaders and founding officers
6. a description of how the guild will apply morals and ethics to modern day norrath
7. accurate citations

And then only approved if the guild is deemed worthy.

Azure
09-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Also I googled holocaust cupcakes and did not find many offensive images :(

Elspeth
09-09-2014, 12:47 PM
the jews got off easy in WW2, us russians payed the ultimate price.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 01:15 PM

so when they said Nuclear Holocaust in WarGames they meant only the Jew's would be burned?

Sorry but there is this thing called the English language and the words already have meanings. Holocaust can be used independently of the events in WW2. What if I made a guild called genocide that would be racist to Jews lol GTFO grow up.

If i made a guild called Revelations or Apocalypse it would be biased to Christians lol the lvl of stupidity in this thread is astounding!

harnold
09-09-2014, 01:40 PM
so when they said Nuclear Holocaust in WarGames they meant only the Jew's would be burned?

Sorry but there is this thing called the English language and the words already have meanings. Holocaust can be used independently of the events in WW2. What if I made a guild called genocide that would be racist to Jews lol GTFO grow up.

If i made a guild called Revelations or Apocalypse it would be biased to Christians lol the lvl of stupidity in this thread is astounding!

You and derubael are forgetting something you silly bastard.

A nuclear holocaust exists, but the "Nuclear Holocaust" is not a title of something and is something you just made up.

Had the guild name be "holocaust" or "A holocaust" that would be entirely different. The guilds name is "Holocaust" which with the capital H, signifies it is referring to the real event (that uses capitalized letters) "The Holocaust" , also called "Holocaust".

Make the guild name lower case and the guild name is OK. But if the guild name remains as is, it is offensive to ALL of the following:

1)Jews
2)Armenians
3)Ukranians
4)Sikh

because they all have a capitol H in the name of the event of their genocide.

You guys wanted to argue petty semantics to justify a guild name that is offensive, well thats fine, because I just used semantics to slay you

Nirgon
09-09-2014, 01:42 PM
If Derubael gives an answer you aren't satisfied with, PM Rogean/Nilbog with your concern and any problems you have with Derubael otherwise.

harnold
09-09-2014, 01:43 PM
I also have a new semantics argument for you. The guild name "Sand ******" would be ok because sand can also mean the finely divided rocks and minerals you find at a beach. This would imply that we are a bunch of beach loving black folk, and not necessarily a person from the middle east.

harnold
09-09-2014, 01:44 PM
If Derubael gives an answer you aren't satisfied with, PM Rogean/Nilbog with your concern and any problems you have with Derubael otherwise.

I didnt mean to call derubael a silly bastard, that part was meant for the other guy. I was only bringing up that derubaels argument was a semantic one.

I dont even play on red I am just offended by the name.

mtb tripper
09-09-2014, 01:48 PM
harnold what sort of fucking creature are you

Swyft
09-09-2014, 01:51 PM
You and derubael are forgetting something you silly bastard.

A nuclear holocaust exists, but the "Nuclear Holocaust" is not a title of something and is something you just made up.

Had the guild name be "holocaust" or "A holocaust" that would be entirely different. The guilds name is "Holocaust" which with the capital H, signifies it is referring to the real event (that uses capitalized letters) "The Holocaust" , also called "Holocaust".

Make the guild name lower case and the guild name is OK. But if the guild name remains as is, it is offensive to ALL of the following:

1)Jews
2)Armenians
3)Ukranians
4)Sikh

because they all have a capitol H in the name of the event of their genocide.

You guys wanted to argue petty semantics to justify a guild name that is offensive, well thats fine, because I just used semantics to slay you

Some the dumbest shit I ever heard, holocaust has a meaning independent of the events of ww2.

Doesn't matter what you equate it to it's a word in the english language. I equate mint chocolate chip Ice cream to the worst handjob I ever gotten, but I don't run around trying to mint ice cream banned.

and by the way "The Holocaust" is always used to reference WW2, they're guild name is not "The Holocaust" so you have literally no grounds besides trying to lawyer doctor TOS to try and force a ban on people you don't like.

harnold
09-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Swyft you are still a silly bastardo. "Holocaust" and "holocaust" are two different things.

Nirgon
09-09-2014, 01:56 PM
No one's gonna say you don't have a point but...

an area this server can come A LONG WAY in is learning to respect staff decisions whether you like them or not.

harnold
09-09-2014, 02:01 PM
Ok I was just at Bens Kosher Deli and I recieved very poor service. I am officially canceling this thread. I am also wondering if I can put an application into Holocaust. Thank you.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:04 PM
Swyft you are still a silly bastardo. "Holocaust" and "holocaust" are two different things.

Capitalizing the first letter of a word does not change it's meaning, as a matter of fact that may be the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

I wish I had an award to give you. Like I said if they're guild name was The Holocaust you would have grounds, you choosing which definition of a word is the one they are using cannot be substantiated.

Basically you cannot prove in any way they are using Holocaust to reference the events of WW2, and since it has meaning independent of WW2 events, you got nuthen!

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:06 PM
This could easily be fixed by requiring guild submissions to be accompanied by an academic paper on:

1. the meaning of the guild name
2. the merits of the guild name
3. the history and etymology of the guild name
4. the mission and goals of the guild
5. full reports on the life and morals of all guild leaders and founding officers
6. a description of how the guild will apply morals and ethics to modern day norrath
7. accurate citations

And then only approved if the guild is deemed worthy.

or you could use common sense and not make guilds like holocaust or blacks or let people run around with names like phaghagg in guilds called gay blades or you could not allow a dude to run around named kuntikuntay or nigs but fuck it lets get on the forums and pretend like we give a shit and it only happens because someone has a thesaurus and is willing to act dense as fuck

Nirgon
09-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Great community advice from a guy who delvled to grief newbies.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:08 PM
Capitalizing the first letter of a word does not change it's meaning, as a matter of fact that may be the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

I wish I had an award to give you. Like I said if they're guild name was The Holocaust you would have grounds, you choosing which definition of a word is the one they are using cannot be substantiated.

Basically you cannot prove in any way they are using Holocaust to reference the events of WW2, and since it has meaning independent of WW2 events, you got nuthen!

actally pretty big difference when you capitalized a word dependent upon the context. For instance if i slayed your god, i could be referencing any denomination of religion but if i slayed your God i'd be speaking of Christianity.

Azure
09-09-2014, 02:11 PM
or you could use common sense and not make guilds like holocaust or blacks or let people run around with names like phaghagg in guilds called gay blades or you could not allow a dude to run around named kuntikuntay or nigs but fuck it lets get on the forums and pretend like we give a shit and it only happens because someone has a thesaurus and is willing to act dense as fuck

My post was not meant to rustle you. But I see that it did.

http://i.imgur.com/3LC8ZCA.jpg

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:12 PM

Holocaust has a meaning independent of WW2. It's a word in the english language. We cannot change everything on the server because it may or may not offend someone.

Fag and ****** are not words they are slang terms that were created solely to offend with bias. Names like Phaghaag already do violate the naming policy, blacks could also be considered a guild name violation.

Trying to equate Holocaust to the word Fag or ****** is a clear sign that you either lack critical thinking skills or a firm grasp on the rudimentary fundamentals of the english language.

Eslade
09-09-2014, 02:14 PM
actally pretty big difference when you capitalized a word dependent upon the context. For instance if i slayed your god, i could be referencing any denomination of religion but if i slayed your God i'd be speaking of Christianity.

You guys are so dumb, if you make a guild called holocaust the H becomes capitalized because it's now a name. Stop splitting hairs and attention whoring.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:15 PM
shut the fuck up syft you obviously skipped over half the thread and are being an asshole just cus you're fucking bored.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-09-2014, 02:16 PM
Massive pedantic TLDR

Fuck this thrad

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:18 PM

No they're is absolutely no rule in grammar in which capitalizing the word changes it's definition. It's actually so ridiculous it's absurd, the only point your proving right now is that you aren't smarter than a fifth grader. And that you lack even a basic grasp on your own native spoken tongue.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:19 PM
say the stupid asshole arguing over points already addressed in the fucking thread who obviously read a couple posts at the end and decided to jump into it just because

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:22 PM
One issue which seems to cause some consternation between atheists and theists involves a disagreement over how to spell the word "god" - should it be capitalized or not? Which is correct, god or God? Many atheists frequently spell it with a lowercase 'g' while theists, particularly those who come from a monotheistic religious tradition like Judaism, Christianity, Islam, or Sikhism, always capitalize the 'G'. Who is right?
Ads
Date An Atheist
www.atheistpersonals.net
Meet Atheist Singles Near You. View Profiles 100% Free. Join Now!
7 Tips to Fix Marriage.
www.marriagemax.com/Free-Tips
"I suggest you read this..." 7 Tips to Fix Your Marriage.
Online Pastor Ordination
www.ministerregistration.org
Want to Be an Official Minister? Register Now.

What Is the Word of God
God Evidence
Believe
God Prayers
Faith God

For theists, the issue can be a sore point because they are sure that it is grammatically incorrect to spell the word as 'god,' thus leading them to wonder if atheists are simply ignorant about good grammar - or, more likely, are deliberately trying to insult them and their beliefs. After all, what could possibly motivate a person to misspell such a simple word - and one used so frequently? It's not like they break grammar rules as a matter of course, so some other psychological purpose must be the cause.

Indeed, it would be rather juvenile to misspell God simply in order to insult theists. If such an atheist had so little respect for another person, why even waste the time writing to them in the first place, much less deliberately trying to hurt them at the same time? While that may actually be the case with some atheists who write the word 'god' with a lowercase 'g,' it isn't the normal reason why atheists spell the word in this manner.

To understand why, we need only observe the fact Christians don't capitalize the 'g' and write about the Gods and Goddesses of the ancient Greeks and Romans. Is that an attempt to insult and denigrate those polytheistic beliefs? Of course not - it's grammatically correct to use a lowercase 'g' and write 'gods and goddesses'.
Ads
Download Free Audiobook
www.audible.com
Try Audible with a Free Audiobook. Listen on iPhone, Android or Tablet
Background Checks Online
backgroundcheck.peoplesmart.com
Enter Any Name - Safe & Accurate. Get a Full Background Check Now!

The reason is that in such cases we are talking about members of a general class or category - specifically, members of a group which gets the label 'gods' because people have, at one time or another, worshipped its members as gods. Any time we are referring to the fact that some being or alleged being is a member of this class, it is grammatically appropriate to use a lowercase 'g' but inappropriate to use an uppercase 'G' - just as it would be inappropriate to talk about Apples or Cats.

The same holds true if we are speaking very generally about Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or Sikh beliefs. It is appropriate to say that Christians believe in a god, that Jews believe in a single god, that Muslims pray every Friday to their god, and that Sikhs worship their god. There is absolutely no reason to capitalize 'god' in any of those sentences.

On the other hand, if we are referring to the specific god-concept that a group worships, then it may be appropriate to use capitalization. We can say that Christians are supposed to follow what their god wants them to do, or we can say that Christians are supposed to follow what God wants them to do. Either works, but we capitalize God in the latter sentence because we are essentially using it as a proper name - just as if we were talking about Apollo, Mercury, or Odin.

Confusion is caused by the fact that Christians don't typically ascribe a personal name to their god - some use Yahweh or Jehovah, but that is pretty rare. The name they use happens to be the same as the general term for the class that being belongs to. It's not unlike a person who has named their cat, Cat. In such a situation, there could be some confusion at times as to when the word should be capitalized and when it shouldn't. The rules themselves may be clear, but their application might not be.

Christians are accustomed to using God because they always reference it in a personal manner - they say that "God has spoken to me," not that "my god has spoken to me." Thus, they and other monotheists might be taken aback at finding people who don't privilege their particular god concept and so reference it in a general manner, just as they do with everyone else's god. It's important to remember in such cases that it is not an insult simply to not be privileged.

Either works, but we capitalize God in the latter sentence because we are essentially using it as a proper name - just as if we were talking about Apollo, Mercury, or Odin.

read a book u asshole

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:23 PM
say the stupid asshole arguing over points already addressed in the fucking thread who obviously read a couple posts at the end and decided to jump into it just because

Pretty much sums up this entire thread...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKbZEzDlZZ0

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:30 PM
read a book u asshole

BTW names are always capitalized. Christians capitalize God because it is the name they have given in reference to their own deity in a monotheistic religion. Due to they're belief that God's true name is the "Word" and unspeakable.

So yes it is grammatically correct to capitalize God in reference to the Christian deity because it's his name you fucking Moron!

Eslade
09-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Do I still have to capitalize Brell Serilis?

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 02:41 PM
syft id love to have this discussion in person let me know next time you're in the north west

Colgate
09-09-2014, 02:44 PM
feels goog knowing GM already said he ain't doin shit and u keep crying about it

8)

Rhuobhe
09-09-2014, 02:44 PM
worthless thread

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 02:46 PM

You are incredibly unintelligent. "****** is just black people," hahahaha.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 02:50 PM
syft id love to have this discussion in person let me know next time you're in the north west

Rustled to the point of RL threats! LOLOLOLOL

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m50jlybFy11r3zat8.gif

Eslade
09-09-2014, 02:58 PM
http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/cards/1395005956.png

Vile
09-09-2014, 02:59 PM
change thread title please, i am offended.

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 03:06 PM
You are incredibly unintelligent. "****** is just black people," hahahaha.

he is actually using sarcasm to prove how incredibly stupid your defense is and you took him as being serious while not picking up on it. who fuckin smart now?

Swyft
09-09-2014, 03:11 PM
he is actually using sarcasm to prove how incredibly stupid your defense is and you took him as being serious while not picking up on it. who fuckin smart now?

Smart people would shut up after suffering such an obvious and momentous defeat.

Sear
09-09-2014, 03:14 PM
http://www.returnofkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1406261392760.png

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Smart people would shut up after suffering such an obvious and momentous defeat.

not really if anything this thread going on this long just shows how offended some of us are and how serious it is to us. just because you're a faggot that got fucked by his dad every day growing up doesn't take away from that.

LulzSect
09-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Nice work guys. The 2014 version of the 2011 thread is poised to surpass the OG thread.

Swyft
09-09-2014, 03:24 PM
not really if anything this thread going on this long just shows how offended some of us are and how serious it is to us. just because you're a faggot that got fucked by his dad every day growing up doesn't take away from that.

http://i.imgur.com/e9p1AAp.jpg

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 03:24 PM
btw when i said faggot i meant to imply meatball b/c the meaning of that words totally relative to my intention and not your interpretation

Swyft
09-09-2014, 03:27 PM
btw when i said faggot i meant to imply meatball b/c the meaning of that words totally relative to my intention and not your interpretation

No pls continue to use the word faggot in a thread where you are offended by the implication of the word Holocaust equating to WW2!

It doesn't make you look like a retard or anything

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/202/489/what-if-i-am-retarded-but-my-parents-payed-everyone-to-play-along-so-i-could-be-happy.jpg

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
09-09-2014, 03:28 PM
Meatball was the best red slang to ever come out IMO

I laugh hard at that, even when I know my agressor means to call a fudge packing faggot

LulzSect
09-09-2014, 03:32 PM
pras the bundle of sticks meatballs

Nirgon
09-09-2014, 03:42 PM
feels goog knowing GM already said he ain't doin shit and u keep crying about it

8)

Rub it in yo skin like its Lubriderm

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 03:47 PM
i'm not actually trying to get the name changed, i believe in freedom of speech and that people should be able to express themselves however they choose to do so.

I think you guys are being assholes trying to convince anyone that the guild being named that isn't done in an attempt to offend other people or that you don't believe that people think of ww2 every time they hear/read that word

Mac Drettj
09-09-2014, 03:48 PM
im not even reading anything longer than a few words

Buhbuh
09-09-2014, 03:55 PM
I don't read it as WW2 on this server. I'm pretty sure it was made to be provocative initially, but it doesn't register as such on a server where players are meant to wreck each other.

heartbrand
09-09-2014, 03:57 PM
ya dunno ironically there's at least 3 jews in holocaust atm and no one cares. it's the interwebs. i'd venture a guess there's prolly a lot less racism and what not in holocaust TS than in other guilds. most of our members are older and don't talk like that. shrug

Sektor
09-09-2014, 04:17 PM
<Bangers and Mash>

guild for deviant homosexuals that enjoy smashing their nuts

lmaoooooooo

GrobbGangsta
09-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Everyone shut up and join the Gay Blades! All we do is suck dicks!

mostbitter
09-09-2014, 05:24 PM
syft making auschwitz jokes in another thread clearly the person to listen to on this topic

Awwalike
09-09-2014, 05:31 PM
heartbrand 9000% jewish so he speaks for all kikes when he says Holocaust name allowed

Swyft
09-09-2014, 05:47 PM
syft making auschwitz jokes in another thread clearly the person to listen to on this topic

I know reading comprehension isn't your best attribute but no Jew would take offense to what I said on the other thread.

Eslade
09-09-2014, 08:20 PM
http://i.scm.im/for_forums/end_thread.jpg

heartbrand
09-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Everyone shut up and join the Gay Blades! All we do is suck dicks!

I don't get the joke/humor. Am I missing something that is hysterical about being called Gay Blades and making gay referenced comments?

Pudge
09-09-2014, 08:58 PM
The following types of names are considered unacceptable:
Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
Combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Hugeazz, Tug Mcgroin).
Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin).

:rolleyes:

Mac Drettj
09-09-2014, 09:25 PM
Pudge is offensive

reminds me that im 900 lb obese ex nilly

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 09:29 PM
I guess then calling yourself Adolf Hitler is allright, because there was other Adolf Hitlers in the past, it doesnt mean i mean that im that Adolf Hitler, right?

freez
09-09-2014, 10:02 PM

lol @ reading si fi books with the word holocaust before you learned what happened in ww2 (probably 6th grade)

qft

Something'Witty
09-09-2014, 10:14 PM

Hot damn, Derubael, you are my new hero! Great quote.

For the record, The Holocaust was a horrible, horrible, horrible event. That can't be over stated. However, a holocaust is different imo, but I can understand why people have trouble differentiating between the two terms. If a guild with this name bothers you, then red99 is definitely not the server for you.

Oh, and holocaust is not used as a derogatory term to demean or belittle a group of people, like some of the others purposed guild names mentioned in this thread. That is the difference imo.

Disclaimer, I stopped reading the thread after Derubael's post. No point in reading further, he summed up my thoughts pretty well.

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 10:34 PM
The point is not really what holocaust really means for them, but to me its more that they had a person like Casey in the past and colgate who were explicitely racist and viewed in that light, it makes the server look pretty bad.

HB also a racist but not something he cares about getting out there

I mean look at this shit, that was Ha-Ha's all around for Casey when he posted that sort of shit

http://caseysfuckingcorner.webs.com/photos/Erik.jpg

http://caseysfuckingcorner.webs.com/photos/undefined/checkraise.jpg

Notice the part where he hates jews, yeah, holocaust

(I dont give a shit about the fact that HB doesnt give a shit about hanging around racists)

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Again im not as well asking for the name to be removed but stepping around the fact that a guild called holocaust harbored hardcore racists in the past, just no.

Colgate
09-09-2014, 11:00 PM
yes you're right i'm a hardcore racist for facetiously calling you a ******faggot

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 11:02 PM
At the very least you dont give a fuck about casualizing the use of ****** this ****** that, and you think that ****** isnt necessarily a racist word (lol)

Mac Drettj
09-09-2014, 11:07 PM
The point is not really what holocaust really means for them, but to me its more that they had a person like Casey in the past and colgate who were explicitely racist and viewed in that light, it makes the server look pretty bad.

HB also a racist but not something he cares about getting out there

I mean look at this shit, that was Ha-Ha's all around for Casey when he posted that sort of shit

http://caseysfuckingcorner.webs.com/photos/Erik.jpg

http://caseysfuckingcorner.webs.com/photos/undefined/checkraise.jpg

Notice the part where he hates jews, yeah, holocaust

(I dont give a shit about the fact that HB doesnt give a shit about hanging around racists)

lol

Heyitsme
09-09-2014, 11:07 PM
Jena town librarian Barbara Murphy, who reflected: “The nooses? I don’t even know why they were there, what they were supposed to mean. There’s pranks all the time, of one type or another, going on. And it just didn’t seem to be racist to me.”

Because you dont understand its racist doesnt mean it isnt racist

Colgate
09-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 229
User Name Posts
Heyitsme 49
mostbitter 27
Swyft 20
Azure 15
Mac Drettj 12
Buhbuh 11
harnold 10
Nirgon 6
Colgate 6
Eslade 6
mtb tripper 5
Infectious 4
heartbrand 4
loramin 3
Pokesan 3
Feniggles 2
LostCause 2
Rhuobhe 2
Yumyums Inmahtumtums 2
Littlegyno 11.0 2
Derubael 2
Gaffin 7.0 2
dis_mornin 2
derpcake 2
Bazia 2
Elspeth 2
LulzSect 2
Not_Kazowi 1
Hurb 1
quido 1
GrobbGangsta 1
Haynar 1
Greegon 1
Rais 1
georgie 1
Something'Witty 1
SamwiseRed 1
runlvlzero 1
Xantille 1
Wipe it Clean 1
Vile 1
Smedy 1
Zade 1
pgerman 1
freez 1
Supreme 1
Sektor 1
Doors 1
Awwalike 1
Pudge 1
Sear 1

Heyitsme
09-10-2014, 12:04 AM
And that proves what? lol you guys are some of the worst fucking tunnel vision morons i came upon my travels on the internets

Colgate
09-10-2014, 12:05 AM
it means ur a fuckin nerd and u care way 2 much about somethin that ain't changin

Heyitsme
09-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Nah it just means youre a moron and cant read, didnt take the time to read, and came up with a moronic conclusion, thanks for doing the math though

Colgate
09-10-2014, 12:12 AM
didn't even try to read, this thread is dumb

haha 8)

Heyitsme
09-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Yeah haha 8)

Youre so hip C

Hip to the hop and you dont stop

Pikrib
09-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Ecoli do you even play here?

p.s. Sorry about bumping a thread that needs to die.

p.s.s Sorry, this question might cause 5 more Ecoli posts.

Heyitsme
09-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Ecowho

Pudge
09-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Ecoli do you even play here?

p.s. Sorry about bumping a thread that needs to die.

p.s.s Sorry, this question might cause 5 more Ecoli posts.

Pikrib, that "p.s.s" should read "P.P.S." This is a common error I've seen on forums. P.S. stands for Post Script. Post meaning after. So the abbreviated P.P.S. would mean the "after, after-script." While P.S.S. would translate to "after-script script." Sorry had to mention that. I just see people perpetuating this mistake.

Pikrib
09-10-2014, 12:28 PM
How about P.M.S. post mortem script? Meaning "after the end of the previous script" among other things.

Pudge
09-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Hah a lot more people should label some of their posts with PMS

Smedy
09-10-2014, 01:18 PM
i wish amelinda was gm this would not fly, having such a disgraceful name 8(

topjew should be ashamed for if his grandparents ever finds out about this outrage the trustfund money is goner son

Colgate
09-10-2014, 01:19 PM
holocaust was allowed when amelinda was the GM

wut

Smedy
09-10-2014, 01:30 PM
ya not sure why you were getting gm favoritism

i want that naming police policy back it was the best shit to troll ever, hpt really got the best of it

harnold
09-10-2014, 01:48 PM
For the last fucking time, I said I canceled the thread. Also please tell me where I can app for Holocaust.

Smedy
09-10-2014, 02:28 PM
naw i'm taking this to a higher instance, i'm very offended by the name

Mac Drettj
09-10-2014, 03:12 PM
keep telling us about it imo

Instagib
10-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Bump change the guild name its offensive

trigsta
10-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Its funny how the holo members call people jews if they speak out towards holo. If u ask me id say that was refereeing to "the holocaust". Calling people jews while wearing a holo tag and killing them in game. Id say that would be a sensitive situation for anybody that had family that had to deal with all that. Holo members shouldnt be able to run around calling people jews and that is the only thing they call people they dont say ******s or spics or anything its always jew.

Colgate
10-02-2014, 04:32 PM
u got prof?

Genedin
10-02-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm Jewish and this offends me. Reporting to national hate crime bureau to have federal employees look into this cyber hate crime.

Tradesonred
10-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Its funny how the holo members call people jews if they speak out towards holo. If u ask me id say that was refereeing to "the holocaust". Calling people jews while wearing a holo tag and killing them in game. Id say that would be a sensitive situation for anybody that had family that had to deal with all that. Holo members shouldnt be able to run around calling people jews and that is the only thing they call people they dont say ******s or spics or anything its always jew.

Stop making sense

Also i would love to see what Heartbrand's grandparents would have to say on this issue

Colgate
10-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Stop making sense

Also i would love to see what Heartbrand's grandparents would have to say on this issue

i would love to see what your grandparents would say about all the fucking crying you do on a 15 year old elf simulator forum for years on end

Tradesonred
10-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Lol they know im on the internet, its not really a secret

What are they gonna be concerned about, that i spend 10mins on average a day here doing some drive-by commenting on you sick fucks

Eslade
10-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I'd consider the guy that doesn't play the game yet comes back daily is the sick fuck. In going to report you to your archeage guild. I'm sure they'll take away your cherry tree or whatever you faggots do over there.

Colgate
10-02-2014, 04:43 PM
your first post today was over 2 hours ago

ur not fooling anyone