PDA

View Full Version : Installation Issue?

Hydric
09-08-2014, 04:51 PM
So I did the install guide step by step. I thought I had everything working correctly. When I launch "Launch Titanium" the game launches, I see the everqeust mouse cursor, but screen remains all black. I also hear no sound. When I right click, I do get the cursor change that has 4 arrows pointing, N, S, E and W.

New to everquest...have never played. Looking to get my EQ experience from this freeshard.

Any advice?

Ele
09-08-2014, 06:08 PM
video drivers up to date?

eqgmrdbz
09-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Hmm yeah i would make sure your drivers are up to date, someone mentioned not to install Titanium in the c:\programs folder, i have mine on d:\Everquest. Did you update the spell files? What OS are you using? i had no issues with WinXP, others have said there are issues with other OS's. You might need to reinstall again, make sure you got the right Titanium ISO files. That's all i can think of.

Wiery
09-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'd check drivers first. I have P99 installed on Win 7 and 8, as well as an XP vm. It's installed on c: for each and no issues.

cukazi
09-08-2014, 07:26 PM
try hitting alt enter, mine is a black screen when its full screen. alt enter is the keybind for making it windowed.

Tupakk
09-08-2014, 10:24 PM
try hitting alt enter, mine is a black screen when its full screen. alt enter is the keybind for making it windowed.

I also have to play in windows mode. What you want to do is set your desktop resolution 1024 x 768

Launch the bat file

Everything will work right then once you get past the splash options and set your resolution for the program

Mine only goes to 1600 x 1200 on both monitors

Then you can alt tab change your desktop back

Then whala.

I had to auto hide my task bar to get to UI button. ( took me 10 mins to figure that out)

After that you can change your desired window mode to whatever you want.

Now this was the process I went through everyone's PC is different.

GOOD LUCK