PDA

View Full Version : The Good Ole Days

Tupakk
09-08-2014, 03:03 AM
Well twitch has revived my inner Eq. I rummaged through my old EQ discs with dismay when I found everything but Titanium. Soo... thank god for the internet. anyways. Just registered as part of the tutorial said I had to. I got a half hour before everything finishes and hopefully it will be a successfull install. That will wait til the morning though cause its 2am. Let tomorrow bring a day of grinding.

Gnawl1
09-08-2014, 06:50 AM
Have fun out there :)

Swish
09-08-2014, 08:07 AM
Welcome Tupakk, hope you settle in ;)

Any idea what class you're going to make? I'm sure if you need any advice there's plenty on offer here.

Tupakk
09-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Not sure yet, it has been since 2003 since I played. Maybe a shadow knight or bard, since those were my mains.

Tupakk
09-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Welcome Tupakk, hope you settle in ;)

Any idea what class you're going to make? I'm sure if you need any advice there's plenty on offer here.

I forgot how hard this game is to start up. Spent 20mins just getting past the black screen. The starting levels are boring nobody is around lol.

eqgmrdbz
09-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Population is pretty good, especially on weekends usually over 1k, average during the week is around 900 primetime. I have seen the newbie zones with peeps running around, strange you are not seeing anyone, might be a monday thing. Anyways it should pickup in the afternoon, if you post where you are at i can help by making you some banded.

Noxx
09-08-2014, 12:38 PM
I forgot how hard this game is to start up. Spent 20mins just getting past the black screen. The starting levels are boring nobody is around lol.

I just came in a week ago, it's borderline amazing the number of things you'll have forgotten about despite everything you do remember.

That said, I'm definitely having a hoot, hope you do too.

Kaster
09-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Overall my noob process was pretty fun. I made a halfling just a little over a week ago and there always seemed to be some higher level helping out. Now I just need to find a way to make money to gear up and get more mana lol!

Have had some help from people on Reddit too, damn good group of people on here!

Tupakk
09-08-2014, 01:15 PM
Population is pretty good, especially on weekends usually over 1k, average during the week is around 900 primetime. I have seen the newbie zones with peeps running around, strange you are not seeing anyone, might be a monday thing. Anyways it should pickup in the afternoon, if you post where you are at i can help by making you some banded.
Im in front of BB and someone already set me up with banded armor lol. I am feeling the love. I could use a decent weapon or a drum tho ;)

eqgmrdbz
09-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Im in front of BB and someone already set me up with banded armor lol. I am feeling the love. I could use a decent weapon or a drum tho ;)

That was me with my Shammy Grumpybear, also handed out another set and a couple of pieces to some other players, hope you enjoy your time in p99 reliving the glory days. :D
I could make weps, but they pretty much suck, it's better to save some plat and buy a cheap one from EC tunnel.

Tupakk
09-08-2014, 02:10 PM
That was me with my Shammy Grumpybear, also handed out another set and a couple of pieces to some other players, hope you enjoy your time in p99 reliving the glory days. :D
I could make weps, but they pretty much suck, it's better to save some plat and buy a cheap one from EC tunnel.

Ah I was wondering how you found me lol

Kagey
09-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Lol hey Noxx. A lot of dro ML crew around.

Noxx
09-10-2014, 10:28 AM

Are there? I haven't bumped into too many folks I know, despite a four year career over three servers. I was sort of blown away to see the old TMO guildtag around tho, thats about as old school as you get.

Rhayne05
09-11-2014, 12:58 PM
I got my Half Elf bard to level 4 in just over 4 hours of play this week. Started in Qeynos so I'm just now getting into Qeynos Hills. Been AOE kiting lowbie dark blue mobs, its so fun :)

Someone was even nice enough to give me some Druid Buffs and a Spiked Collar (+3 STR), woohoo!

I'm enjoying it, but i've started juggling too many MMOs, time to make some decisions on where I'm staying :)

Elder Scrolls Online just bored me to death after playing since early release, thats what made me discover Project 1999!

Rhayne05
09-11-2014, 01:00 PM

I played on Druzzil Ro in the early 2000s, Enchanter named Jerami Daemon, he was in his 60s. He's gone now though *sniffles*

Tupakk
09-11-2014, 05:00 PM
I got my Half Elf bard to level 4 in just over 4 hours of play this week. Started in Qeynos so I'm just now getting into Qeynos Hills. Been AOE kiting lowbie dark blue mobs, its so fun :)

Someone was even nice enough to give me some Druid Buffs and a Spiked Collar (+3 STR), woohoo!

I'm enjoying it, but i've started juggling too many MMOs, time to make some decisions on where I'm staying :)

Elder Scrolls Online just bored me to death after playing since early release, thats what made me discover Project 1999!

You are ready for BB TOTS. I was in there at lvl 2. Get a grp and get your gnoll fang. I'll be playing later tonight hopefully. I got a BBQ to cook up.