PDA

View Full Version : completely new

Amieko
09-07-2014, 10:25 PM
I am completely new to Everquest and was wondering what city I should start in. I tried to play before but I started in a town with no other players and I felt alone and lost. I think I plan to play a High Elf Mage. where should I start so I can meet other players?

Nineran
09-07-2014, 10:35 PM
High Elf mage would be fine. You will start at Felewithe. Your newbie area will be Greater Faydark. You should be able to find groups at the Orc Hill, and then move into Crushbone. My recommendation is getting to at least level 4. Make sure you get your pet. Then make your way to the orc hill where you should find a group.

Here is a resource to help you navigate the zones: http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/

You can hang out at orc hill for a few levels then move into Crushbone. Both those areas should be vibrant and busy with players. The Felewithe starting area probably will be a bit empty, but with a bit of travel you will find the people.

Also if you find me doing a newbie night I would be happy to come guide you to those destinations!

Amieko
09-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Okay, Thanks for the help. Is there any chance I could join like a leveling guild that could help me getting started and stuff?

Estu
09-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Check out this guide if you haven't already: http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

There are definitely leveling guilds around. I couldn't tell you their names but if you hang around in popular newbie zones (like Greater Faydark) you'll see recruiters every so often, or you can look for people with guild tags and ask if there are any officers on to invite you.

Don't expect to see a lot of people inside towns. If you start in Felwithe as a high elf, you might not see any people there. But the moment you leave the city and go to the newbie zone adjacent to it, Greater Faydark, you'll see a lot of people. People playing EQ spend most of their time killing monsters, not hanging around in towns.

Kaster
09-08-2014, 12:46 PM
And just to add, ask questions! A lot of people have played EQ at least some in the past and can help you get acclimated to the uniqueness of the game (read that as no hand-holding game mechanics). I just got started on here again a little over a week ago myself and it has been great so far!