PDA

View Full Version : By popular demand: Stop PVP on the PVP server!

Derubael
09-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Heard this way too many times, so two things:

1) PvP was only stopped in Dagnor's Cauldron after the mob was killed. This was necessary in order for me to sort out who was present for the kill and who wasn't, in order to determine who was allowed to roll. PvP was not stopped so that people could cooperate. Anyone who thought that was the case is greatly misinformed.

2) In regards to running a "PvE" event on a PvP server, I fully expected PvP to go down. I actually had hoped for a large two or even three-sided battle between the various factions. But I had also hoped that after the fight was over, everyone would join together to down the target (which would require upwards of 50 level 50+ characters), with the winner of the PvP side of things grabbing loot rights.

It's akin to dropping a mob in the middle of a zone with some items after summoning all the high level characters there. Then telling them to fight for the loot. The only difference being that the mob in this case was extremely hard to kill, dynamic, and a much more interesting fight than what you see from other NPC's. Lets be honest, hopefully none of us are here just to auto-attack bosses that have been researched and quantified over and over for the last 15 years, to the point where everyone knows how to beat them. But a massive fight after a huge PvP battle with mechanics that you've never experienced before should have been an experience everyone could enjoy.

I hope that clears things up a bit. I'm sure there are some of you who still think that you can only run pure PvP events on a PvP server, but that shouldn't be the case. We've done that, it's fun, but this was something different meant to get everyone to experience a massive boss fight together.

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 06:24 AM
Sorry then its Haynars comment that threw me off: "players interfering with GM events".

Explained like that it sounds pretty allright, besides that loot distribution stop the pvp thing.

Like i said in the other thread, ideally never should you have to stop any pvp for any reason, maybe have a thread brainstorm about what other options there is so that pvp can carry on at all times.

Im much for "PVE" events that players fight over for, its what ive been pushing for here for years.

Sektor
09-07-2014, 06:36 AM
Derubael you don't need to explain anything to these morons. Nobody as legit as you.

Drakaris
09-07-2014, 06:49 AM
Sorry Derubael, unless there is a cap on players and hard coded team, think of your GM event as having the same outcome of a repop day, where 1 group of players outzergs the competition.

The most zergiest and geared guild comes in, controls the zone and waits for reinforcements while griefing the rest of the server.

jibb
09-07-2014, 07:19 AM

1) PvP was only stopped in Dagnor's Cauldron after the mob was killed. This was necessary in order for me to sort out who was present for the kill and who wasn't, in order to determine who was allowed to roll. PvP was not stopped so that people could cooperate. Anyone who thought that was the case is greatly misinformed.

You dt'd me while I was pvp'ing when the mob was at 70%.

you made a serverwide message that pvping during the next 5 mins of the fight you would be banned.

you said it yourself during your stream.

HEH

Derubael
09-07-2014, 07:29 AM
You dt'd me while I was pvp'ing when the mob was at 70%.

you made a serverwide message that pvping during the next 5 mins of the fight you would be banned.

you said it yourself during your stream.

HEH

Don't lie. That broadcast didn't go out until after the mob was dead. Go watch the stream. Also, you got DT'd because it was time for a DT interval from the golem. You just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time ( I had a specific criteria for DT's based on player position and class, with healers taking priority when the mob was at LOW hp, and melees taking priority at HIGH hp. As you stated, he was at 70%, and when my timer went off for a DT, the only melee in that vision arc for a DT).

Also, don't evade your forum ban.

Derubael
09-07-2014, 07:41 AM
[Fri Sep 05 20:45:59 2014] Targeted (Corpse): Dread's corpse <--- jib, how could there be 5 more minutes in the fight if I'm targeting the NPC's corpse a whole 2 minutes before I made the first broadcast? :eek:
[Fri Sep 05 20:47:54 2014] You broadcast, 'DAGNORS CAULDRON IS A NO PVP ZONE FOR THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES'
[Fri Sep 05 20:47:55 2014] Derubael BROADCASTS, 'DAGNORS CAULDRON IS A NO PVP ZONE FOR THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES'

Anyway, i think that's a sufficient explanation. PvP was never "turned off" during this fight, it was just impossible to fairly and accurately distribute loot with Azrael coming in from Unrest to PvP - people would have missed out on rolls, etc.

@hey - There are a couple ways to do this, but would require Nilbog pre-scripting the event. He's hard at work on Velious and I am not going to pull him away from that! So if we want to run any "loot" events in the interim, we'll have to pause PvP during the reward phase (like we've always done, lol! Nothing new here).

<3 you guys, but it's the love a parent has for an unruly teenager :)

Edit: I almost forgot to add, just for you jibpal.

HEH

Buhbuh
09-07-2014, 07:42 AM
In the future with GM events, you should very seriously consider banishing guilds and players who don't want to participate in the ways you've specifically outlined. You can permanently or temporarily banish people for disobeying you. Teleport them to Erud's Crossing and all their porters to Permafrost or something.

You have every right to make those hard line decisions, and what's more, you shouldn't be fearful to make them. They're perfectly reasonable responses. Let people cry. Turn off tells and global ooc off for the event (if possible).

You're doing them a service, and if they can't find a way to make it work for themselves, oh well. You're not here to babysit people. You're here to keep order, and certain groups of people acting like complete dicks during an event meant for more than one guild or one alliance of guilds is the perfect situation for you to exercise the power you have to its fullest extent.

There are many solutions to that. You would have saved yourself hours of headache by just kicking them all from the GM event entirely. From what it sounds like, they literally went against the exact purpose (explicitly stated) that you had in mind for that particular event.

It isn't like this ethical conundrum - people were being dicks and incorporating players from their crews only, and in the shittiest ways possible at that.

davidspencer873
09-07-2014, 07:45 AM
In the future with GM events, you should very seriously consider banishing guilds and players who don't want to participate in the ways you've specifically outlined.

there was no outline it was all improv'd and changed as it went

Derubael
09-07-2014, 07:49 AM
In the future with GM events, you should very seriously consider banishing guilds and players who don't want to participate in the ways you've specifically outlined. You can permanently or temporarily banish people for disobeying you. Teleport them to Erud's Crossing and all their porters to Permafrost or something.

You have every right to make those hard line decisions, and what's more, you shouldn't be fearful to make them. They're perfectly reasonable responses. Let people cry. Turn off tells and global ooc off for the event (if possible).

You're doing them a service, and if they can't find a way to make it work for themselves, oh well. You're not here to babysit people. You're here to keep order, and certain groups of people acting like complete dicks during an event meant for more than one guild or one alliance of guilds is the perfect situation for you to exercise the power you have to its fullest extent.

There are many solutions to that. You would have saved yourself hours of headache by just kicking them all from the GM event entirely. From what it sounds like, they literally went against the exact purpose (explicitly stated) that you had in mind for that particular event.

It isn't like this ethical conundrum - people were being dicks and incorporating players from their crews only, and in the shittiest ways possible at that.

No no, that's going about it all wrong IMO. While it would certainly make things easier I don't think its better. Here's why:

Red 99 is one of the few remaining open world PvP enabled MMORPG's. The world, the community, it's factions, are all shaped by the players. They control the outcome of the day to day workings on the box, and, inevitably the future of the server as a whole. It's up to the players to make decisions - good or bad - on how they want to handle a given situation. That's the beauty of an open world PvP environment and the culture that forms around it. The freedom to choose your fate and the fate of those around you is a powerful draw to the server, and something I don't want to take away.

In the end, for better or for worse, the players will control the direction this box goes in. We're only here to provide and enforce a loose set of guidelines to help the server thrive.

Beyond that, it's up to all of you to make the server great, or watch it burn to the ground around you.

As a side note, I do appreciate everyone who's said thanks, or let me know they enjoyed the event, or made a post in defense of the event. You guys put a smile on my face today, and are the reason we do what we do.

Buhbuh
09-07-2014, 08:06 AM
I would disagree that the philosophy you use to try to bolster this server is in any way applicable to planned GM events where you have very specific expectations for the players.

It's your game at that point, you have their attention, you ultimately have the power, and you can essentially do whatever you want.

I don't doubt that an AoN was on CT and, out of frustration built up over the entire night, you basically withheld it from the people, and rightfully so.

At the point that you structure a GM event with certain guidelines, the typical and regularly used server guidelines take a backseat to a degree.

I don't disagree with you on really any point but that - it's subtle. It absolutely is up to the players to make the server work well, but when everything goes to shit and what you had planned produces the opposite effect, I do think it's up to you to force your hand and guide those events back to something palatable for the server as a whole.

Buhbuh
09-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Keep in mind I wasn't at the event, but saying that it will require many different guilds to kill the given mobs isn't very hard to understand or comply with.

davidspencer873
09-07-2014, 08:12 AM
buhbuh I dont think people were concerned about loot I think the problem was more than half the server just wanted to pvp for the event. dont quote me tho I could be wrong.

Buhbuh
09-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah, from my understanding it was just a lot of griefing and corpse camping with one guild holding down the zone for hours all night long.

davidspencer873
09-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Yeah, from my understanding it was just a lot of griefing and corpse camping with one guild holding down the zone for hours all night long.

if you watch the stream you will see that there were about 5 guilds there. azrael was only there for about 30 minutes once they were told they were going to be required to play with nihilum they all left but 1 or 2

Pudge
09-07-2014, 09:01 AM

2) In regards to running a "PvE" event on a PvP server, I fully expected PvP to go down. I actually had hoped for a large two or even three-sided battle between the various factions. But I had also hoped that after the fight was over, everyone would join together to down the target (which would require upwards of 50 level 50+ characters), with the winner of the PvP side of things grabbing loot rights.

It's akin to dropping a mob in the middle of a zone with some items after summoning all the high level characters there. Then telling them to fight for the loot. The only difference being that the mob in this case was extremely hard to kill, dynamic, and a much more interesting fight than what you see from other NPC's. Lets be honest, hopefully none of us are here just to auto-attack bosses that have been researched and quantified over and over for the last 15 years, to the point where everyone knows how to beat them. But a massive fight after a huge PvP battle with mechanics that you've never experienced before should have been an experience everyone could enjoy.

I hope that clears things up a bit. I'm sure there are some of you who still think that you can only run pure PvP events on a PvP server, but that shouldn't be the case. We've done that, it's fun, but this was something different meant to get everyone to experience a massive boss fight together.

Derubael, again I wasn't there, and that event sounded like it would have been a lot of fun to me. Actually, for all the bitching, i'm sure it was STILL more fun for the whiners than grinding exp or camping some beetles in seb.. ppl just like to complain ,they will complain about anything anyone ever does on this server.

Should just plop a mob like that down in the Arena, or rathe mountains, or DC, or TT or swamp - some under-used zone (not on the way to unrest, let the newbs get there still) and then LEAVE and let the players figure it out themselves... so you dont even have to babysit. bet it would stay up a looong time. until players realized they had to work together.

heartbrand
09-07-2014, 09:09 AM
Derubael, again I wasn't there

shocker

Pudge
09-07-2014, 09:15 AM
shocker

i fell bad. i let you down by not being there for you HB

Pudge
09-07-2014, 09:15 AM
feel. fucin rnf

heartbrand
09-07-2014, 09:16 AM
just sayin you don't play here so your opinion is worth about 0

davidspencer873
09-07-2014, 09:23 AM
just sayin you don't play here so your opinion is worth about 0

he made a legitimate point unlike yourself so why dont you just shut the fuck up

georgie
09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
http://filefap.com/files/1660816_bigex/firstsmellthenlick1_1b.gifDerubael you don't need to explain anything to these morons. Nobody as legit as you.

Not Salem
09-07-2014, 09:54 AM
Love HB grilling Pudge for being an actual father lol

Not_Kazowi
09-07-2014, 10:06 AM
Love HB grilling Pudge for being an actual father lol

if we are dragging this into RL territory, wasnt pudge just on elf quest forums asking about where he can get cocaine in his area code?

i dont really care but just sayin' u kno?

Pudge
09-07-2014, 10:08 AM
ya i don't know why HB and colgate think saying "you don't play" is some kinda counter-argument to my opinions.

the truth is the truth, regardless of how much time i sit in front my computer

Pudge
09-07-2014, 10:09 AM
rexx, i'm just a well-rounded individual.

Colgate
09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
you're an idiot

you were trying to make some point about how easy it is not to train and that you've never trained, and i said it's not even a valid point because you don't play and therefore have no opportunities to either train or not train

jesus

christ

Mac Drettj
09-07-2014, 10:12 AM
if you watch the stream you will see that there were about 5 guilds there. azrael was only there for about 30 minutes once they were told they were going to be required to play with nihilum they all left but 1 or 2

Wow this is a dumb and inaccurate comment

Ps Derubael,

This scenario of massive PvP followed by working together for a 50+ man fight where winner of PvP got loot will never happen. PvP continues until 1 side wins and other side leaves.

Good event nonetheless, if the CT mob was scaled back our ragtag crew could a done that too!

iiNGloriouS
09-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Why are we still dragging this on?

Pudge
09-07-2014, 10:37 AM
you're an idiot

you were trying to make some point about how easy it is not to train and that you've never trained, and i said it's not even a valid point because you don't play and therefore have no opportunities to either train or not train

jesus

christ

sorry bah, leveling an SK to 60 (and playing for years across many pvp boxes) affords plenty opportunities to train ppl. didn't think i'd have to explain this to you but it seems you're either tryin to troll real hard (you got me! i took a minute to type this out!), or you actually believe yourself

Colgate
09-07-2014, 10:44 AM
ya you leveled to 60 without pvping then never pvped

Aenor
09-07-2014, 10:52 AM
So the idea was that, once zone control was established, all the people not in a zerg would band together to help the zerg, which already gets loot every sunday, get more loot? A+ GM event.

Swish
09-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Whatever the bitching and moaning coming from people, you know there'll still be a good attendance for the next one, even if its in 5-6 months time ;)

Eslade
09-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Enjoy the free server with more gm events than live had.

Technique
09-07-2014, 11:52 AM
Should just plop a mob like that down in the Arena, or rathe mountains, or DC, or TT or swamp - some under-used zone (not on the way to unrest, let the newbs get there still) and then LEAVE and let the players figure it out themselves... so you dont even have to babysit. bet it would stay up a looong time. until players realized they had to work together.This is unlikely to happen, partly because there's an expectation (from both players and staff alike) that a GM is responsible for an event and must "run" it, but also because such a hands-off approach isn't much "fun" for the GM.

georgie
09-07-2014, 11:54 AM
if we are dragging this into RL territory, wasnt pudge just on elf quest forums asking about where he can get cocaine in his area code?

i dont really care but just sayin' u kno?

these days u cant trust ur local drug dealer

Derubael
09-07-2014, 12:05 PM
azrael was only there for about 30 minutes once they were told they were going to be required to play with nihilum they all left but 1 or 2

Please don't spread misinformation. I never told Azrael they were required to do anything.

magician
09-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Please take a look at my petitions and pay no attention to these stupid posts.

Something'Witty
09-07-2014, 12:32 PM
azrael was only there for about 30 minutes once they were told they were going to be required to play with nihilum they all left but 1 or 2
Please don't spread misinformation. I never told Azrael they were required to do anything.

ROFL. Even after Derubael busted up Nilly, he gets accused of protecting them.

Derubael, ignore the trolls!

iiNGloriouS
09-07-2014, 12:33 PM

"If we dont get 50 people we arent doing this event, oh btw you killed Fright im not going to give you loot" sounds like you wanted us to leave or bend over backwards for you.

Derubael
09-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Please take a look at my petitions and pay no attention to these stupid posts.

Thanks for being patient. I've been cracking out as many as I can - I only post on the forums in my "free" non-csr time, so don't worry about this taking away from time that could be spent on CSR petitions!

ROFL. Even after Derubael busted up Nilly, he gets accused of protecting them.

Derubael, ignore the trolls!

Yeah, there's people who think I'm favoring Azrael right now, and others who think I'm favoring Nihilum. I'm guessing that means I'm doing a good job somewhere in the middle.

"If we dont get 50 people we arent doing this event, oh btw you killed Fright im not going to give you loot" sounds like you wanted us to leave or bend over backwards for you.

Again, don't spread misinformation. Who are you quoting there? Definitely not me, because those words never came out of my mouth. I did say that the encounter would take at least 50+ people to kill, because it was designed that way. I'm not going to make my NPC easier just so Azrael can kill it with 25 - that would be complete bullshit and blatant favortism. In regards to Fright, I had been in your guild chat earlier that evening and was explicitly told you guys didn't care/want loot - you wanted to PvP (which you got to do lots of, you're welcome) and overcome the challenge of the encounter.

Despite all the loudmouth naysayers, I've actually gotten a TON of super-positive feedback, both private and public. I really want to thank all of you again for your support. People from both sides of the fence (nihilum and azrael) are saying good things, and I can't tell you all enough how much I appreciate that. You guys are the reason we do CSR work here on Project 1999. Part of me may have forgotten you guys were still out there after all the recent drama :) Thank you for reminding me you're still here.

Circumcision
09-07-2014, 01:29 PM
Anyone who complains, about literally ANY facet of this server is out of line. Either play here and stfu, or fuck off. Life is way too short.

Pras GM events.

Labanen
09-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Yeah, there's people who think I'm favoring Azrael right now, and others who think I'm favoring Nihilum. I'm guessing that means I'm doing a good job somewhere in the middle.no it means that there idiots on both sides. You disbanded nihilum, and refused to downgrade a mob for azrael, that is not a middleground.

Mac Drettj
09-07-2014, 02:13 PM
RIP

Smedy
09-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Derubael banned me the holy of holy from the forums for 10 days, he clearly works for nihilum

the duke is in the shadows, lurking, planning, plotting

pras him

Zade
09-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Why the fuck does a GM event have to be fucking justified you ungrateful pieces of shit.

I hope he doesn't do another end game event for any of you.

When I was on staff, I tried my hardest to think of cool events that would be fair and fun, and never received anything but grief from you people. Deru, I wasn't there, but thanks for the event, regardless of whatever the hell went down.

Derubael
09-07-2014, 03:58 PM
no it means that there idiots on both sides. You disbanded nihilum, and refused to downgrade a mob for azrael, that is not a middleground.

So you're one of the people who think i'm on the Nihilum side!

Also, I love the phrasing here:

You disbanded nihilum

As if guild disbands are done by one person. The senior staff (myself, Sirken, nilbog, Rogean) had a short discussion about it prior to the disbanding.

But keep blaming me. It's easier to think this is all just one big conspiracy against perpetrated against Nihilum by one insidious, plotting, power tripping GM instead of you guys making a bad choice letting Nizzarr back into the guild.

heartbrand
09-07-2014, 04:02 PM
But keep blaming me. It's easier to think this is all just one big conspiracy against perpetrated against Nihilum by one insidious, plotting, power tripping GM instead of you guys making a bad choice letting Nizzarr back into the guild.

This. I was absolutely shocked at how the majority of people could care less the guy was selling loot for USD and how some people even defended it because he was poor IRL so why not let him [Ender, RallyD saying that on multiple occasions]. Everyone knew he wasn't allowed to be the guild leader and there seemed to be a legit effort for a couple of weeks to have Vapo take over many of the guild responsibilities but his powers quickly eroded as Nizzar took charge of everything again with no one even batting an eye. People constantly joked about how Nizzar wasn't allowed to be the leader, about his RMT, etc. I can't help but laugh at the ex-members who try to claim they were oblivious to all of this.

Labanen
09-07-2014, 04:30 PM
I dont see how i indicated that I thought you were on the Nihilum side.

you guys making a bad choice letting Nizzarr back into the guild.I like Nizzar, he made a bad call selling to sektors of course and should be duely punished. Banning a handful of chars including some that wasnt his seemed a bit harsh, but ok dont do the crime if you cant do the time... sorta thing. Disbanding the guild several months later for the same crime... and subsequently encouraging us to reform it was just plain wierd.

I know being a GM is a thankless job and i respect each and everyone of you for doing it, but i dont necersarily have to agree with everything you do 100 % of the time, do I ?

Heartbrand you were an app through all of this and fought like a motherfucker to be let back in...

heartbrand
09-07-2014, 04:43 PM
And I also voiced my opinion to Vapo and Wilan many times that they should take over the guild. I warned Vapo that Nizzar was trying to make a power play for the bank again. To be honest it all turned sour when nizzar loot councled zebis the AoN. It basically showed it was business as usual in Nihilum.

Sapphiay
09-07-2014, 04:59 PM
This overwhelming reaction to be thankful from Azrael has to do with justification of their hate. They write about you "he is a saint" .
Thankfulness from Nihium were shown here from the traitor against Nihilum who were former Nihilummember i guess.
Thats politics, nothing else. You always get a thanks from Azrael whatever you do here after this.

Nevertheless making events on this toxicserver is a deserving job and good for the server and this whatever the reactions are.

krazyGlue
09-07-2014, 05:00 PM
This overwhelming reaction to be thankful from Azrael has to do with justification of their hate. They write about you "he is a saint" .
Thankfulness from Nihium were shown here from the traitor against Nihilum who were former Nihilummember i guess.
Thats politics, nothing else. You always get a thanks from Azrael whatever you do here after this.

Nevertheless making events on this toxicserver is a deserving job and good for the server and this whatever the reactions are.

ha~

Sapphiay
09-07-2014, 05:01 PM
I am pretty sure the reaction of Nihilum would have been the same like the one of Azrael now if it had been the other way.

Nyanknits
09-07-2014, 05:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ObPhDLg.png

heartbrand
09-07-2014, 05:19 PM
I don't think nihilum would have done anything differently at the gm event. I just expected more from azrael. After all, half their roster is ex Nihilum members.

Sapphiay
09-07-2014, 05:31 PM
like Lite, Jibeknn and Sektor on Nihilum dpk list :)

Heyitsme
09-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Personally im glad Deru takes the time to explain what hes doing. Not because he owes it to us, but so people can understand why hes doing things. Its also an opportunity for dialogue to improve events, get feedback, etc, if people are not dicks about it.

Yeah its not the players server, and they could turn it into whatever they want, switch hardcode pvp off, but would this go in the spirit of a red eq server? Again i think the less interference GMs can have between what goes on between the players, the better.

Im not sure whats the best solution for this, but to my mind some thought should be given to how to reduce the "stop pvp im doing something here" to as close to zero as humanly possible.

Icandy
09-07-2014, 05:49 PM
I personally think it's awesome that a GM takes the time to stage an event. I am new to this server, however, I played on SZ for years before the server merge and then stayed a few years after that. PVP on Live EQ is all but dead and gone. There's no GMs to be seen and definitely no events. Even though I was too low to participate in this event, I do look forward to future events. I missed the classic EQ experience and, so far, I am loving this server. So, thanks Derubael!!

Nyanknits
09-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I'd disagree with the posters saying that Nihilum would have acted in a fashion similar to Azrael. Nihilum leadership during 2014 was very much against participating in GM events (for reasons I do not know, and do not want to speculate or be "informed" about). Nihilum recruits and members did participate in several GM PvP events and would go about doing so in an amicable manner. Azrael on the other hand would show to events with a full assist train (as they did with this latest event) and prior to the event starting, proceed to hunt down Nihilum and corpse camp until forcibly told to stop.

While I can't claim knowledge of what happened prior to 2014 at GM events on the server, I do know that Nihilum had a change of policy in how it interacted with the server due to prior bans that were effective in policing how certain Nihilum veterans would act in general.

Again, thank you Deru for trying to hold an event. PvE events that involve a raid encounter just aren't going to work on a PvP server because of PvP competition. Maybe a mass Halloween type event with lots of mobs that have a varied level range and a small chance to drop level appropriate items. Otherwise, sticking with PvP events would probably be best.

heartbrand
09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
One of my fav Nihilum memories is when Nizzar told us we'd be guild removed if we attended an event Derubael was running, since Derubael was obviously Lithiuum and corrupt.

Drakaris
09-07-2014, 07:22 PM
I don't think nihilum would have done anything differently at the gm event. I just expected more from azrael. After all, half their roster is ex Nihilum members.

Don't waste your breath pal. I saw what they were like when Nizzar took his break when reaper of souls came out.

Double standards galore, I cannot think of players undeserving of being on top any more than Azrael.

What Jibeknn did with Holocaust put a nail in the coffin for any hopes of change and the fact that they could have kept the guild running instead of ganking the guild bank and reforming as 'Eternal Light' under a new leader says it all.

These guys are the scummiest of scum.

Colgate
09-07-2014, 07:26 PM
hokuten not holocaust

Drakaris
09-07-2014, 07:31 PM
hokuten not holocaust

yeah I realised the typo.... fek...

Drakaris
09-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Running off 3 hours of sleep, making a fully buffed and geared Salem plug was well worth it though.

thugcruncher
09-07-2014, 07:37 PM
One of my fav Nihilum memories is when Nizzar told us we'd be guild removed if we attended an event Derubael was running, since Derubael was obviously Lithiuum and corrupt.

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/threatlevel/2013/01/Precog_minorityreport1.jpg

Tassador
09-07-2014, 08:58 PM
blueist fucking server here

Not Salem
09-07-2014, 09:01 PM

hahaha

Sear
09-07-2014, 09:31 PM
I would like to humbly suggest a badass Zombie Jesus NPC for an Easter or Christmas themed GM Event.

make him hard as fuck and then drop no loot

u thought Dark Souls was hard till you tried P99 Red box

Nirgon
09-08-2014, 10:28 AM
None are safe for the red rustle

derpcake
09-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Don't waste your breath pal. I saw what they were like when Nizzar took his break when reaper of souls came out.

Double standards galore, I cannot think of players undeserving of being on top any more than Azrael.

What Jibeknn did with Hokuten put a nail in the coffin for any hopes of change and the fact that they could have kept the guild running instead of ganking the guild bank and reforming as 'Eternal Light' under a new leader says it all.

These guys are the scummiest of scum.

I agree but are you surprised?

People that have the playtime and are immersed enough to want to play 60 hours a week while dealing with the usual guild drama, and are balanced clean whistles?

Doubt this server has any.

Would totally turn down leadership of any guild on P99. Even if it came with the option of stealing guildbanks, dicking over non-clique members, naziïng my own forum, ...

derpcake
09-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Oh and I can't rid myself of the impression that the stealing of guild banks is more common on this server then it ever was on classic.

Unsure what causes that.

heartbrand
09-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Oh and I can't rid myself of the impression that the stealing of guild banks is more common on this server then it ever was on classic.

Unsure what causes that.

because guild banks didn't really exist on classic. most items were no drop velious +, and no bank was storing 100 selo drums

derpcake
09-08-2014, 12:40 PM
because guild banks didn't really exist on classic. most items were no drop velious +, and no bank was storing 100 selo drums

I remember them being stolen in 2000, so there were some for sure. Xegony guilds did them also afaik, but yes more prevalent towards to end of original / kunark then earlier in their timeframes.

heartbrand
09-08-2014, 12:59 PM
I remember them being stolen in 2000, so there were some for sure. Xegony guilds did them also afaik, but yes more prevalent towards to end of original / kunark then earlier in their timeframes.

I was in Inner Circle then Machin Shin. What guild were you in? IC was corrupt as fuck, but they died out Luclin/PoP if I recall, which consequently is when the game moved towards almost all raid loot being No Drop.

derpcake
09-08-2014, 01:32 PM
I was in Inner Circle then Machin Shin. What guild were you in? IC was corrupt as fuck, but they died out Luclin/PoP if I recall, which consequently is when the game moved towards almost all raid loot being No Drop.

Some havenlight then later IS.

derpcake
09-08-2014, 01:33 PM
IC had some real cunts, damn.

Xegony necro community was also lulz. I remember Sluggo specifically, but also Neric who later won the servers botb thanks to banishing pets and being german.

derpcake
09-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Machin Shin was a top 10 guild in like 2005ish and later turned out one of our top competitors btw. Still lasting today, good shit.

Kergan
09-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Wasn't Xegony one of those terrible servers you couldn't attack other players on?

Swyft
09-08-2014, 01:45 PM
I actually liked the event and had fun. There was some events on old Rallos days that the player's and GM's would prolly enjoy better.

There was one event where two GM's spawned in the world as quest actor NPC's one in commonlands, another in Karana. One was Evil the other was Good and they shouted through the world asking for player's to Rally to their side. Different guilds back the different quest actors and traveled through Norrath with the quest actor until they met each other in a huge epic battle. The quest actor still left alive was declared the winning team and rewards were given to that quest actors protector's.

It was allot of fun for player's and the GM's who got to guest actor, they got to tool off on players with the powers of raid type mob and ultimately fight another GM for fun.

No reason why you guys can't also have fun with these events as well.

Kergan
09-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Holy shit a constructive post by Syft that contains no exclamation marks, time to start buying canned food and shotguns.

Rheon
09-08-2014, 02:07 PM
I can't help but laugh at the ex-members who try to claim they were oblivious to all of this.

HB..not all members were privy to this info..at least not the recruits! all we ever heard were rumors which were not substantiated with any real facts until the guild was disbanded and Nizzar banned for good. I don't really care what you believe anyway..its not like you can stand on the flag pole of integrity. It's not fair to paint everyone a shitbag though due to a few other peoples wrong doings.

Eslade
09-08-2014, 02:23 PM
I actually liked the event and had fun. There was some events on old Rallos days that the player's and GM's would prolly enjoy better.

There was one event where two GM's spawned in the world as quest actor NPC's one in commonlands, another in Karana. One was Evil the other was Good and they shouted through the world asking for player's to Rally to their side. Different guilds back the different quest actors and traveled through Norrath with the quest actor until they met each other in a huge epic battle. The quest actor still left alive was declared the winning team and rewards were given to that quest actors protector's.

It was allot of fun for player's and the GM's who got to guest actor, they got to tool off on players with the powers of raid type mob and ultimately fight another GM for fun.

No reason why you guys can't also have fun with these events as well.

This also happened in Cazic Thule.

Swyft
09-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Holy shit a constructive post by Syft that contains no exclamation marks, time to start buying canned food and shotguns.

http://media.timeout.com/blogimages/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/deep-impact-gif.gif

Personally I thought every ban Nizzar thread I posted on was both helpful and constructive to the server.

HippoNipple
09-08-2014, 03:28 PM
HB..not all members were privy to this info..at least not the recruits! all we ever heard were rumors which were not substantiated with any real facts until the guild was disbanded and Nizzar banned for good. I don't really care what you believe anyway..its not like you can stand on the flag pole of integrity. It's not fair to paint everyone a shitbag though due to a few other peoples wrong doings.

The community is mad and will always look for the easiest person to hate on.

Sirken
09-09-2014, 02:30 AM
me and Deru chat about that red event, Enchanter BotB, and red vs blue Events. and also a ton of things no one will care about. enjoy! :p

http://youtu.be/kCLwcWKXgJw

Swyft
09-09-2014, 04:05 AM
me and Deru chat about that red event, Enchanter BotB, and red vs blue Events. and also a ton of things no one will care about. enjoy! :p

http://youtu.be/kCLwcWKXgJw

LOL favorite part of this stream

"It talks half the amount of players to down a mob on red as it does on blue, I don't know if it's because reds are better players"

LOL Yup always been this way, when you can react to 5 people attacking you, blue shit is like ez-mode.

There's a reason why the sleeper was downed first on Rallos Zek, red's always been better than blues, in raiding and everything else.